Precision Racework LPFP install Stage 2+

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Yesterday I spent my first day off in 2 weeks installing my new fuel pump I bought on Black Friday. Precision Racework directions are very well thought out and the install is pretty straight forward. My only suggestion is that they include a list of what tools you need to complete the job.

You'll need a heat gun or your wife/sister/cousin/gf hair dryer.
3/8 ratchet
Dremel tool(Harbor Freight special works as well)
Wire stripper/crimper
Drill with various drill bit sizes. (The direction said you need a 7/64 bit but that's only for the initial hole you need to keep going up drill bit sizes otherwise you won't be able to install the push tab fitting s on the bucket.

Also extra zip ties and butt connectors just in case you screw up.

The only hard part of the install is taking apart the original fuel bucket but everything else is straight forward. Precision will install the pump in your bucket for $50 but I'm a cheap ass and that money can be spent on a Tinder date or beer lol.

In all I give the product 5/5!

Photos will be uploaded shortly!

Reactions: PRECISION RACEWORKS

PRECISION RACEWORKS

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Nov 11, 2016
HOUSTON TX
www.precisionraceworks.com
Abacus38,
Thank you for the review we are glad to hear you are happy with the purchase you made from us here at Precision Raceworks. Recommended suggestions are always welcome as we strive to offer our customers the best products for their car so thank you for the suggestion on a tool list. This is a very easy thing to implement and we will insure the next release of the assembly manual includes a required/recommended tool list.

Let us know if you need anything else as we have many products in the works.

Best Regards,
Precision Raceworks

Yesterday I spent my first day off in 2 weeks installing my new fuel pump I bought on Black Friday. Precision Racework directions are very well thought out and the install is pretty straight forward. My only suggestion is that they include a list of what tools you need to complete the job.

You'll need a heat gun or your wife/sister/cousin/gf hair dryer.
3/8 ratchet
Dremel tool(Harbor Freight special works as well)
Wire stripper/crimper
Drill with various drill bit sizes. (The direction said you need a 7/64 bit but that's only for the initial hole you need to keep going up drill bit sizes otherwise you won't be able to install the push tab fitting s on the bucket.

Also extra zip ties and butt connectors just in case you screw up.

The only hard part of the install is taking apart the original fuel bucket but everything else is straight forward. Precision will install the pump in your bucket for $50 but I'm a cheap ass and that money can be spent on a Tinder date or beer lol.

In all I give the product 5/5!

Photos will be uploaded shortly!

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Damn, stage 3+ and 4 kit look awesome. You guys kind of flew under my radar with those. Where Looking forward to more info on driver as well.

This connects to the Venturi correct? What's the heat gun needed for? Are you having to manipulate some of the hoses when installing?

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Yes it has the Venturi. You used to heat gun to loosen the adhesive on the stock bucket so you can take it apart.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1481232139861.jpg
    FB_IMG_1481232139861.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 464

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Also make sure you that the tank is almost empty before you try to install. It will lower the chances of you spilling gas inside the car which can be PITA because it takes days for the smell to leave

PRECISION RACEWORKS

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Nov 11, 2016
HOUSTON TX
Couple Pro tips... when you take the lock ring off the pump cut the strap holding it to the bucket and disconnect the electric plus and hoses. By going ahead and cutting the strap now vs later you can remove the top hat from the car first. Then you can pick up and tilt the fuel bucket to pour fuel out of it. It is still a good idea to have a low tank but this lets you pour a bunch of the gas out you risk spilling.

Another Pro tip for if you do spill any gas inside the car, take papertowels and wipe up/dab what you can. Then steal the wifes baking soda and sprinkle it over anywhere you got gas generously. Point a box fan in the car to get air moving around and give it 45 min to an hour. Now vacuum up the baking soda and put your seat back in, you won't have any smell at this point or very little if you do. You can also leave baking soda shaken out under the seat and no one will know it is there and it will continue to absorb odors that are in your car and you can come back later if needed and vacuum it out.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Yea, the plastic pump holder inside was a pain in the ass. I ended up gorilla arming it out after my patience level was passed.

@PRECISON RACEWORKS Pretty ingenious design having it set higher in the bucket to allow double in bucket Wallys + venturi, and the 3rd placement holder is awesome as well. Trying to visualize how it will all come together I have a few questions.

Since the system is modular would that be the same bracket for the secondary pump? I don't see where the outflow side would connect unless that bracket is swapped out with the next stage. Does the stock Venturi create a bottleneck for bucket filling with 2 450s? Lastly, how does the 3rd pump tie in to driver side?

Regardless, this is by far the best designed PnP kit I've seen to date, nice work.

PRECISION RACEWORKS

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Nov 11, 2016
HOUSTON TX
Yea, the plastic pump holder inside was a pain in the ass. I ended up gorilla arming it out after my patience level was passed.

@PRECISON RACEWORKS Pretty ingenious design having it set higher in the bucket to allow double in bucket Wallys + venturi, and the 3rd placement holder is awesome as well. Trying to visualize how it will all come together I have a few questions.

Since the system is modular would that be the same bracket for the secondary pump? I don't see where the outflow side would connect unless that bracket is swapped out with the next stage. Does the stock Venturi create a bottleneck for bucket filling with 2 450s? Lastly, how does the 3rd pump tie in to driver side?

Regardless, this is by far the best designed PnP kit I've seen to date, nice work.

Great questions R.G. the stage 2+ bracket has the 2nd pump port blocked off. This allows the bracket to seal up against an o-ring so that fuel does not come pouring out of the second pump location. The stage 3+ module comes with a new bracket to support both pumps and you remove the oring out of the manifold that comes factory installed so that the bracket has as much clamping force on the pump as possible.

The Venturi does not cause a bottle neck in the system the increase in pressure from the system keeps it more than happy. You actually end up with fuel over flowing the bucket itself making sure the bucket is always full with fresh cool gas since this is what cools your pumps as they run.

As for the fuel outlet there is an additional line that runs to the drivers side of the tank to quick connect fittings. This allows for the 3rd pump to be connected along side existing lines on the drivers side of the car and run to the front. This option would give you some flexibility on how you want to implement things but our intention would be to use 2 pumps (stage 3) to support the HPFP needs precharging the unit. Then use the 3rd pump dedicated to port injection.

• Informative
Reactions: R.G.