SOLVED pls help: Mixture control faults

johnnyd40

Jun 21, 2022
So i've been trying to track down exactly why my 335 has been setting lean mixture faults, mostly on bank 1 but sometimes will see bank 2 pop up as well
Car is an 08' N54 w/130k miles, mods are as follows, chargepipe, downpipe, relocated inlets, 3.5tmap, fuel-it stage 2 pump, VRSF intercooler, MHD stg2+ tune. Within the last 6 months the car has gotten new HPFP & low pressure sensor, EKPS, and I installed a new FPR/siphon jet when the fuel-it pump was installed. Also had an index 11 injector that was slowly leaking down so i replaced them all with index 12s (they were used)
So far I have smoke tested the intake tract, crank case, and exhaust with no signs of an air leak. I filled up with Shell 93 and put in a bottle of techron for good measure, cleared adaptations and approx 75 miles later it set bank 1 lean mixture fault again. I've switched to a different version of the MHD software and no difference. Car runs well. Im leaning towards oxygen sensors giving bad info, but cant be sure. I've graphed a log and will post it (not even sure I did that correctly)
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the novel.

johnnyd40

Jun 21, 2022

johnnyd40

Jun 21, 2022
For anyone who is having the same issue and having trouble- the (used) index 12 injectors I had installed were tired, I swapped out bank 1 injectors for some of my index 11s, adapted them and cleared faults, hundreds of miles later and bank1 mixture faults are gone. I will be sending the 12s out to injector-rehab to have them cleaned and tested.