Planning S85 V10 swap into E92 M3 with DCT

mitauperformance

May 8, 2019
Ride
E92 M3
Hello guys, nice to be here! I'm based in Eastern Europe.
For my next project car I'm planning to do a S85 V10 swap into an E92 M3 with the DCT gearbox. There seem to have been a few breakthroughs in the both S85 engine management and the DCT controlling, so this seems like a good time for the project :). I want to keep the car very OEM looking and fully street-able with full dash & all button functionality.

I came across two options for mating the DCT with S85. First one is a stand-alone gearbox controller created by a member here named Nisse Jarnet and from what I heard he charges around 1,500€ for his unit. The other option I found is Howell Race Engineering's S85 engine management system that works with the DCT box as well. I couldn't find an exact number but people on forums are quoting 5,000 - 6,000€ for their unit.

I assume going with the Nisse's stand-alone DCT controller would be much more tricky, as I will still need to hack the S85 ECU quite a bit to make it all work together and I probably wont be able to get all of the dash & interior functionality. Basically this unit seems more track-focused. While the Howell unit would be much easier plug-and-play solution and they claim full dash functionality in E92. Am I correct with my assumptions?

Any feedback and tips about this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I know @Nisse Järnet is here, there was also another individual who was modifying the stock DME I thought? Perhaps it was for an older chassis. Jim was it?