fmorelli

Major General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
www.morelliguitars.com
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
The R8 coils are a complete home jalopy solution. it is laughable that anyone would use the words reliability, R8 coils, and N54 in the same description. Unfortunately just ill informed.

I will seriously consider this setup once I have my other drivetrain items sorted out. This is an OEM class product as best as I can tell. We won't be hearing about coils not touching the spark plugs, arcing issues, various components of the ignition kit coming apart, needing to order additional individual parts to fix them, and all the other BS has gone on for the last several years.

It is not easy to build an OEM class solution, but I believe these guys have done it.

Filippo

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
The R8 coils are a complete home jalopy solution. it is laughable that anyone would use the words reliability, R8 coils, and N54 in the same description. Unfortunately just ill informed.

I will seriously consider this setup once I have my other drivetrain items sorted out. This is an OEM class product as best as I can tell. We won't be hearing about coils not touching the spark plugs, arching issues, various components of the ignition kit coming apart, needing to order additional individual parts to fix them, and all the other BS has gone on for the last several years.

it is not easy to build an OEM class solution, but I believe these guys have done it.

Filippo

Completely agreed Filippo. Sorting out a vac leak issue on my car and as soon as that's done I'll be switching to this. I've already removed my PR setup and temporarily am on stock coils for simplicity's sake.

Reactions: bahn