New LPFP Controler

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
The Torqbyte website says the module is out of stock. Been that way for at least a week or two.

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
ooof, that's steep. Not really worth it IMO, unless our version would be cheaper for whatever reason. Even then, not sure what the advantage would be over MHD activated second pump + LPFP tables

Is a way to have MHD activate the pump out to the public and other tuners or something you are keeping proprietary?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Is a way to have MHD activate the pump out to the public and other tuners or something you are keeping proprietary?

I only wrote the code for one rom version so far but it'll be out eventually. It only removes a hobbs from the equation so it's more of a "nice to have"... bigger items on the plate come first.

Optigrab

Corporal
Sep 19, 2018
Ride
08 135i
I only wrote the code for one rom version so far but it'll be out eventually. It only removes a hobbs from the equation so it's more of a "nice to have"... bigger items on the plate come first.

Besides launch control what are you working on?

I know you just fixed the tq limiter thingy

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90

I always forget there are multiple ROM versions out there and I must say - it's greatly appreciated that you devote your time to ensuring that everything works on all of them. I would think it would be immensely easier to just tweak and release everything for one ROM and let the others sit. It would be agile, lol. While I'm sure part of this is passion, I sure hope you are benefiting financially. I know the flex fuel's convenience value alone is worth more than it cost.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Besides launch control what are you working on?

At the current moment, some behind the scenes things for Martial and the MHD app itself. Also what I've dubbed the "performance pack" of NLS, launch control (adjustable rpm on-the-fly), and anti-lag (rolling and standing). Get it to play nice with DCT as well as been fun :)

While I'm sure part of this is passion, I sure hope you are benefiting financially.

Getting it done and working for one rom version is passion, grinding it out for the other 3 is monetary haha.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Not to get too involved in what's coming, but when you say launch control, do you just mean adjustable 2 step, or is it more intelligent than that, like some newer cars have where it also limits wheelspin, etc?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
It won't do anything for wheelspin, that'll be up to you to adjust the rpm and boost level that you launch at. But it will be very configurable and tuneable in that regard.

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
So some of you may know or have heard already, but we have been working very closely with Torqbyte on this unit. The plan is to have it ready for release very soon, along with our fully billet fuel pump and bucket system. (more on that later)

As of right now the unit is running in a test vehicle controlling two fuel pumps with PI and no hobbs switch. So far we are very pleased with the results. As with all our products, everything is 100% tested before release.

Follow us or stay tuned for updates, and look for a release soon.
IMG_20181006_152147_922.jpg

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
along with our fully billet fuel pump and bucket system. (more on that later)
Custom billet bucket could eliminate the reason many people go bucketless. I personally have never liked being bucketless, fuel starvation is a real thing that can happen even before the gas light comes on in my experience.

Reactions: BreakMyBillfold

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
So some of you may know or have heard already, but we have been working very closely with Torqbyte on this unit. The plan is to have it ready for release very soon, along with our fully billet fuel pump and bucket system. (more on that later)

As of right now the unit is running in a test vehicle controlling two fuel pumps with PI and no hobbs switch. So far we are very pleased with the results. As with all our products, everything is 100% tested before release.

Follow us or stay tuned for updates, and look for a release soon.
View attachment 16358
Saw this earlier today and was (and am) definitely excited, although I have to be honest, I hope it's less uhhh... "boutique" than the IM option you guys have, and more for-the-masses. I understand as a company you'll do what makes *you* guys happy and I know all that R&D is costly, but when you look at the highly successful products for this platform (not to mention what AD and others have already mentioned) it seems that the easy-access-mass-sales route is best to go for everyone. But that's just my unwanted 2c
Custom billet bucket could eliminate the reason many people go bucketless. I personally have never liked being bucketless, fuel starvation is a real thing that can happen even before the gas light comes on in my experience.
I took that as the "billet fuel pump" part is them designing an out of tank fuel pump that's fed from a custom bucket, but I could be very wrong. If that is the case though, I think those are two very very different crowds - people often seem to go bucketless simply because flow:dollar is less costly vs something like the PR kit. Personally I'm hoping my bucketed-primary-bucketless-secondary will fill all the needs I have, but lots of us are looking for different things. EoS seems to like a good amount of bling along with their function, whereas I want my car to appear bone stock and generic but hit low ten's... I know I'm a weird one though.