New LPFP Controler

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
No, separate PI controller is still needed.

Correct this system only controls the LPF pumps. You still need separate controller for the PI system. In theory with this controller you will not need an external pressure regulator, as the unit speeds up or slows down the pumps based on inputs from the DME. So you never really run the pumps at 100% duty, unless the DME is calling for it. Unlike a hobbs setup which always runs the pumps it is connected to at full bore 100% all the time it is activated. With hobbs you need the mechanical regulator to regulate its output pressure. In theory with the PWM system the regulator is only there for fail safe mode, when the DME commands the pumps to run at 100%(limp mode) Even when that happens, since we are controlling multiple pumps, we can set them to turn on at 75%. So even then they are in failsafe they do not run at full bore, with internal software.

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
Will have an update for everyone hopefully next week. We are testing a few changes this weekend. N54 will be the first to be released, then N55 and F series cars to follow.

I am N54. Why would someone with an N55 need this? they don't make enough power without exploding to max out a single walbro 450

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I am N54. Why would someone with an N55 need this? they don't make enough power without exploding to max out a single walbro 450
Pretty sure n55's make 700's? The problem is that most of them are married to an even more awful HPFP than the N54.

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
Has any one looked into the Kenel Bell boost a pump? This looks like a great option to run bigger pumps. An affordable alternative to give more powa !

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Thus is going to be great, i had two hobbs switches fail in the last year especially when they make this plug and play

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
Pretty sure n55's make 700's? The problem is that most of them are married to an even more awful HPFP than the N54.

How many one? Maybe two? For how long? Few days?

I personally wouldn't develop a product that works for 1-2 people lol. It's not a big market to recoup my R&D cost.

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL

I personally wouldn't develop a product that works for 1-2 people lol. It's not a big market to recoup my R&D cost.

The controller will be eventually for all BMW motors pretty much. Even the N55 guys you speak of running a single upgraded 450 pump have issues with the OEM EKP failing.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly

N55 reliability will increase as tuning knowledge increases. Also, there are many N55 motor build programs starting up. CAN msgs to the EKP are basically the same as well, so it's not like much additional work is required to bring it to those motors.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
N55 reliability will increase as tuning knowledge increases.
I think this is something people either forget or weren't around for. It really wasn't too long ago where even 550whp out of the N54 was challenging to do. Even if your standard N55 can't hold 700 as well as an N54, I'm sure some M2s will be putting down some decent power in another year or two.

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
Any idea on timing of release for your fuel system offering? Can I assume you will offer in packages such as PI manifold+EKP upgrade+LPFP? I really like the idea of running pumps by demand and not running them full power all the time. I would imagine that needs ample testing without the use of a regulator. Looking for a high-end system very soon

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
Any idea on timing of release for your fuel system offering? Can I assume you will offer in packages such as PI manifold+EKP upgrade+LPFP? I really like the idea of running pumps by demand and not running them full power all the time. I would imagine that needs ample testing without the use of a regulator. Looking for a high-end system very soon

We will make a new thread very soon listing all of the details. To answer your question though, yes we will offer as full fuel system packages, including either a manifold or fuel spacer along with the controller, fully crimped fuel lines, and an ethanol sensor. The controllers will also be available for sale as an option by themselves for those who want to do their own fuel system.