trans temp at -40 ??

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
That is a beautiful car.

I have an 08 e60 535i msport....or just sport. I pulled the build specs and it says msport suspension. But it had paddle shift delete. Not sure why....odd build I guess.

For the fbo I'm running vrsf catless dp's, vrsf 7.5 stepped race intercooler, mmp full silicon inlets and outlet, mmp charge pipe, turbosmart bov, ngk coils, oe Bosch plugs. I'm using stage 2+ e30 mhd tune and xHP stage 3 tune.

Maintenence I performed. New oil cooler, new water pump, new hoses, new radiator, new condenser, new ac compressor, new pulleys and belt, new valve cover, new throttle body and I rebuilt the valve body on the transmission.

She runs beautifully.

You should have no problems doing a complete fbo on yours. Make sure you cover any maintenance you may need for your car to be able to have no issues with the extra ponies.

I love you have the manual trans.

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
That is a beautiful car.

I have an 08 e60 535i msport....or just sport. I pulled the build specs and it says msport suspension. But it had paddle shift delete. Not sure why....odd build I guess.

For the fbo I'm running vrsf catless dp's, vrsf 7.5 stepped race intercooler, mmp full silicon inlets and outlet, mmp charge pipe, turbosmart bov, ngk coils, oe Bosch plugs. I'm using stage 2+ e30 mhd tune and xHP stage 3 tune.

Maintenence I performed. New oil cooler, new water pump, new hoses, new radiator, new condenser, new ac compressor, new pulleys and belt, new valve cover, new throttle body and I rebuilt the valve body on the transmission.

She runs beautifully.

You should have no problems doing a complete fbo on yours. Make sure you cover any maintenance you may need for your car to be able to have no issues with the extra ponies.

I love you have the manual trans.
Thanks ! My maintenance is all up to date. The car was maintained regularly at a BMW dealer from day one. Question about your charge pipe. I see people have issues fitting it because of the ps reservoir in place and having to relocate it. Some rub on the ps hoses as well. Im thinking i want to get TS bov too since the TS plumbback on my 335i is so nice and quiet. Do you have the raceport GenV ?

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Thanks ! My maintenance is all up to date. The car was maintained regularly at a BMW dealer from day one. Question about your charge pipe. I see people have issues fitting it because of the ps reservoir in place and having to relocate it. Some rub on the ps hoses as well. Im thinking i want to get TS bov too since the TS plumbback on my 335i is so nice and quiet. Do you have the raceport GenV ?

That's good. Hopefully it was all done correctly. Oh, I forgot to mention intake cleaning as well. You'll want to have that done for sure. I have my own walnut blaster to do it. I've seen people do it with a scrub brush too..... tedious but it's cheaper that way if you have time to kill.

I do have the race port gen v. I find it works very well. I didn't have to relocate anything either. Not sure why some people had to. I guess some charge pipes are slightly different shapes.

It does take a little maneuvering to install though.

Here's a pic of it...

Attachments

• 20200822_183202.jpg
    20200822_183202.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 11

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i

Oh.... and I have the Vader solutions vacuum adapter to run to the bov. I also have the 3.5bar sensor on the intake.

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
Oh.... and I have the Vader solutions vacuum adapter to run to the bov. I also have the 3.5bar sensor on the intake.
as i said i have a 335i that runs low 11 sec. so i know all about the n54 maintenance :) glad to hear you havent had any issues with the charge pipe. I dont think ill go crazy with this one since its so clean and well maintained, i got my 335i if i want to go fast. The 535xi will just get a couple mods and a tune. Will try to mount style 230s this week hopefully to change up the look a bit. Not digging the 17s :)

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
as i said i have a 335i that runs low 11 sec. so i know all about the n54 maintenance :) glad to hear you havent had any issues with the charge pipe. I dont think ill go crazy with this one since its so clean and well maintained, i got my 335i if i want to go fast. The 535xi will just get a couple mods and a tune. Will try to mount style 230s this week hopefully to change up the look a bit. Not digging the 17s :)

Oh, that is good. I didn't want to assume anything. Sorry.

You could just do a charge pipe and run a stage 1+ tune. I did for a couple months just to see if it was possible without misfires. Seemed to work just fine. Had a little extra pepp in her step.

17s? I had no idea they ran 17s on the n54 e60. I thought 18 was standard and the M car got 19s. I just learned something new then. :)