Need Custom Head Gasket

RPMaddict

Apr 7, 2024
Hello all.

I'm searching for companies that will make a custom head gasket to mate an N52 head onto an N54 block. Anyone know of a company who can perform this task?

So this does not trigger a full 'can't or should not do' response, we are a race team using the N54 on a MAXXECU, PI-only, and we can delete the VVT. The resulting lower compression is a plus. We simply want the larger flow head and are having trouble finding a gasket company who will custom design the passages.

Thanks in advance!

RPMaddict

Apr 7, 2024
With a 52 everything we require is there without the modifications needed for the 53 (and sourcing). Our series requires stock bodied twins and cannot modify manifolds. We can get away with modifying the head gasket but we are looking to order a few made-to-order if we can find a source.

Reactions: ShocknAwe

TJ Jrackers

Private
Dec 9, 2016
Thank you!
Let me know if you get anywhere with this, I have been considering this for a while and have a couple of N52 heads that I was intending on using for this. I currently have JE N54 pistons but am unsure whether the N52 valves will clear the N54 style pistons due to the different valve sizes/positions.

Are you planning on machining off the intake cam/valvetronic part of the casting and installing an N54 intake cam ledge?

RPMaddict

Apr 7, 2024
We have a VVT option we use on the 52's that are trying to apply to this. We are doing the research now on the 52 cam duration at +3. Two possibilities at the moment and neither are too much work, but much thought involved and a small margin of error.

You must run a stand-alone to get anywhere. Our Maxx gives us this option to even consider the swap.

Can't run these 52 valves on the JE's to my knowledge without machine work. Even the +1mm pistons is not enough to clear the 52 Ex valves.

TJ Jrackers

Private
Dec 9, 2016
OK interesting, good luck with it. If you end up selling these gaskets, then let me know.

Yea I run a MaxxECU on my N54.

I figured that may be the case, when offering up the stock N54 pistons to the N52 head, the exhaust side reliefs are way off