N54 Syvecs is dead

Flinchy

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Australia
PI sadly will never be controlled directly by the stock DME because the MSD81 just doesn't have the mosfets / hardware to drive the injectors. That doesn't mean a better PI controller / intermediate box could not be built with DME integration, giving the same end result :)

As for the other 3 items, I don't see why they would not be possible.
I thought that's all anyone really wants? Not directly driving the injectors, but.. the DME controlling the controller I guess? So it can be actively aware one way or another as to PI Flowing.

Levanime

Private
Supporting Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
NorCal
sorry for noob question,
but i was always wondering, why cant PI controller monitor DI signal, and cut the PI flow if it sees a cut on DI accordingly? i mean per cylinder

whats the technical problem with it?

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
So the bases behind the Syvecs was to be a standalone, not a piggy back system. If you want something like this to be a piggy back system get a Haltech from AD-E which he sells the wiring harness as well so it's just plug and play like the jb4. I have this on my car and it's awesome I stack it with a mhd/wedge tune.

Flinchy

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Australia
800 on race gas? any more info on that run?
Don't think there's been a run on the system.. more the fact race gas needs 30-40% less flow than E85 so that translates pretty directly to power capacity.

Whether the engine can take the added heat well compared to E85 though...

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
sorry for noob question,
but i was always wondering, why cant PI controller monitor DI signal, and cut the PI flow if it sees a cut on DI accordingly? i mean per cylinder

whats the technical problem with it?

Because they wouldn't be spraying at the same time, due to DI injection window and PI needing more time open due to less pressure and how it pools fuel up on the valve etc.

Reactions: Sshec152

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Cutting power to the coils during a misfire or imposing a 3000rpm rev limiter sounds like the best option at this point. I've been working on OBDII mode6 data lately for an emissions legal project. I suspect we can monitor the internal misfire counter via mode6 and then trigger the rev limiter before the car actually triggers a misfire.

Reactions: Levanime

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Cutting power to the coils during a misfire or imposing a 3000rpm rev limiter sounds like the best option at this point. I've been working on OBDII mode6 data lately for an emissions legal project. I suspect we can monitor the internal misfire counter via mode6 and then trigger the rev limiter before the car actually triggers a misfire.

Where would something like that fit into your to-do list priority?

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
With N54 development I've been knee deep in virtual flex fuel sensor logic, and user adjustable PWM meth control, but when those are off my plate I see that as the next big thing to work on.

Reactions: doublespaces

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
With N54 development I've been knee deep in virtual flex fuel sensor logic, and user adjustable PWM meth control, but when those are off my plate I see that as the next big thing to work on.
Question.....with all these new cars being released ... how busy is the n54 keeping you at this point ? Are you still trying to "develope" new things for this platform or have you moved onto other things ? Obviously I see you trying to improve the jb4

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
In any given week I spend a few hours with each platform. Some features like the new PWM meth implementation happen to apply across all platforms which is always nice. Other things I work on are say N54 or N55 specific. I keep a full plate and enjoy it that way. :)

Jason who handles a lot of our hard part development is hard at work too... Teaser shots of our upcoming stealth F10 water/meth tank I approved to move forward today.

Attachments

• unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 211
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 261

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
In any given week I spend a few hours with each platform. Some features like the new PWM meth implementation happen to apply across all platforms which is always nice. Other things I work on are say N54 or N55 specific. I keep a full plate and enjoy it that way. :)

Jason who handles a lot of our hard part development is hard at work too... Teaser shots of our upcoming stealth F10 water/meth tank I approved to move forward today.
The concept of a stealth tank is sweet, since I don't know the f10 trunk area, where does this fit exactly? Any hope for an E93 stealth tank? :)

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Yes we have to project around 200 tank sales within a few month period to make it practical to produce.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yes we have to project around 200 tank sales within a few month period to make it practical to produce.
I can only promise you one so I may be on my own. Is there another material which could be fabricated to fit in those spaces which is methanol tolerant? Obviously molds are not possible for a one off situation.