N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

v.i.335is

Private
Jan 12, 2017
One question, ordered the fuel-it e85 sensor and bluetooth analyzer. How would this work with the mhd in terms of wiring into the DME for a raw signal, so the DME can make the necessary adjustments.. (Not sure if I'm asking the question in the right manner)

Last edited:

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
One question, ordered the fuel-it e85 sensor and bluetooth analyzer. How would this work with the mhd in terms of wiring into the DME for a raw signal, so the DME can make the necessary adjustments.. (Not sure if I'm asking the question in the right manner)

Their E85 sensor is just the typical Continental / GM sensor so that will be fine. However, their bluetooth ECA (ethanol content analyzer) is not supported. I would see if you can return it. Only the official MHD/Motiv ECA is supported as it was designed specifically to work with the DME, and some changes were needed vs. standard off the shelf ECA's currently on the market.

As I said earlier on, I encourage those interested to not purchase any hardware until the official flex fuel pre-order thread is posted. Pre-orders will open about 1 week before shipping.

justa335i

Nov 7, 2016
NJ
Wow this is awesome!
I made the mistake of parting out my FBO 335i and i'm currently going FBO again in a different direction.
I was previously JB4 and I plan on going MHD. If i purchase MHD will this just be an update + hardware, or is it an entirely different program?

v.i.335is

Private
Jan 12, 2017
Their E85 sensor is just the typical Continental / GM sensor so that will be fine. However, their bluetooth ECA (ethanol content analyzer) is not supported. I would see if you can return it. Only the official MHD/Motiv ECA is supported as it was designed specifically to work with the DME, and some changes were needed vs. standard off the shelf ECA's currently on the market.

As I said earlier on, I encourage those interested to not purchase any hardware until the official flex fuel pre-order thread is posted. Pre-orders will open about 1 week before shipping.

Thanks for the reply..