N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm excited for these new tables and hope they are setup in such a way to let us take advantage of them on the JB4 BEF. Remember though it's always a moving target. I'm knee deep in virtual sensor development, and JB4 PI/E85 integration, while Fuel-IT has some exciting things in the works for the rare flash only PI customer that incorporate E85 integration in to a PI controller. We're fully committed to ensuring we have both JB4 and non-JB4 bases fully covered. :)

jyamona said:
Hey, I've attached a screenshot of all the new tables available for flex fuel tuning. You now have a separate table for an E85 version of fuel, fuel scalar, fuel spool, fuel start, timing, timing spool, timing correction factor, and load target per gear.

Additionally, there are three interpolation tables, one for each table grouping (Fuel, Timing, and Load). This allows different blending percentages for each grouping based on ethanol content. For example, if you want to be more biased towards the E85 fuel tables when running E60, but run a little less timing, you are able to do this. So you have your full 93oct and E85 tunes, and infinite variation in between
smile.gif

Also, if more tables need to be added in the future, we can evaluate later on.
flex_tables.JPG

Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Nothing is for sale yet, but yes there will be a kit available with everything needed, and a very easy install.

+1!
Hopefully this install will be a whole lot easier than installing the Stage 2 LPFP or the TBI. I don't know about the rest of you, but those two tasks were quite a PITA for me.

Reactions: doublespaces

M&M'S

Lurker
Jan 7, 2017
No, it will work for everyone. You will need a GM / Contiental flex fuel sensor, our Ethanol Content Analyzer, and the Flex Fuel MHD Module.

Can you send me the serial number of the continental flex fuel sensor , I can have any sensor of continental.
I took the serial number of the N20 sensor it is a easy part to have this sensor from the continental factory in Europe specially in france , i have some deals with a auto parts dealer.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
+1!
Hopefully this install will be a whole lot easier than installing the Stage 2 LPFP or the TBI. I don't know about the rest of you, but those two tasks were quite a PITA for me.

I think it is definitely easier than those items. You're close enough too I can always do it / lend a hand if you need.

What do you mean by "Flex Fuel MHD Module"? I dont remember seeing that in the License Store

It will be there....once it's released lol. Patience :)

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
I think it is definitely easier than those items. You're close enough too I can always do it / lend a hand if you need.

It will be there....once it's released lol. Patience :)
I really don't have paitence with this one.. you know how much of a fantastic hassle it is to have to drive to get E85.. Run out of gas quicker because you're on E85. Then you find yourself in a place without E85. Then flash to the pump BEF and have your map 5 get messed up for the 3rd time that month due to E85...

Other than that, E85 = LIFE :D <333

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm going to have to petition some of the fuel stations closer to me to stock e85. Maybe I'll go stand in the entrance and protest :D

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Don't worry, as Chris said work is diligently being done every day. A lot of work actually. The scope of table structure and code changes inside the DME for this to function is insane. Then multiply that by 4 because BMW can't just have one SW version :)

I'm anxious to get it released for everyone.

try dealing with Ford and Mazda. haha......4 software versions, try like 20 for the same damn vehicle, lol. SMDH. Do it up, My I8A0S is waiting, lol