N54 6266 dyno at 809whp (796 SAE)

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Legit question, non intending to flame by why do you (and many other people) say only 28 psi? You are probably outside of the compressor efficiency range but you are talking about it like you have a diesel capable of 100+ psi of boost? There is nothing only about 28 psi, you are probably just heating air unnecessarily past that point.

Similar pet peeve: when people go to the dyno make great numbers, and then try to downplay them by saying it was a conservative tune or there is a lot left. If there is a lot left you probably didn't do a good job of tuning, am I right?

The biggest offenders of this are the people I have met at TX2K. Everyone there is on a max effort/credit card maxed out setup but they try to talk about it like it's FBO and it aint shit.

• Funny
Reactions: veer90

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Ok I'll add my "hey I've been under a rock" question: turn signals blink as a shift light ... never seen that ... ?

Filippo

• Funny
Reactions: KevinC39

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Legit question, non intending to flame by why do you (and many other people) say only 28 psi? You are probably outside of the compressor efficiency range but you are talking about it like you have a diesel capable of 100+ psi of boost? There is nothing only about 28 psi, you are probably just heating air unnecessarily past that point.

Similar pet peeve: when people go to the dyno make great numbers, and then try to downplay them by saying it was a conservative tune or there is a lot left. If there is a lot left you probably didn't do a good job of tuning, am I right?

The biggest offenders of this are the people I have met at TX2K. Everyone there is on a max effort/credit card maxed out setup but they try to talk about it like it's FBO and it aint shit.

lmao in this context I meant "only" as in not full boost (34.5) and therefore not full power. probably could have picked a better word ha

Ok I'll add my "hey I've been under a rock" question: turn signals blink as a shift light ... never seen that ... ?

Filippo

jb4 uses hazards flash as shift lights

Duarte77

Jul 16, 2022
My engine is noisy. Most built engines are builders just don't admit it. Everyone seems to ignore the fact that knock sensor voltages, tables, etc. are calibrated for a stock, open deck motor running 93 making ~280whp. If you can get clean timing without altering factory knock tables, great. But sometimes it's needed for high power levels so the DME doesn't freak out.

I've had trim pots wired into the knock sensors for ~1.5 years now, DME still pulls timing when conditions require it to. This is hardware level desensitization, nothing was touched in the flash. Details here. https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=339464&postcount=1

I know of 3 other Motiv engines running the same setup.
Built engine with stroker kit ST PR 6870. Having a lot of timing drops. I tried the trim pots and set it to 70kOhms, along with two nylon washers, but no great results. Could it be not related to the knock sensors? Maybe engine timing was not properly set when the engine was assembled? Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Built engine with stroker kit ST PR 6870. Having a lot of timing drops. I tried the trim pots and set it to 70kOhms, along with two nylon washers, but no great results. Could it be not related to the knock sensors? Maybe engine timing was not properly set when the engine was assembled? Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you.

ije0s?