My official China TD04 16T eBay turbos

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Ispeedytech has a warehouse in the UK.

Good on you for proving it, fine, I'm highly sceptical when someone bashes them without proof of purchase.

As you bought off ebay you are protected, just raise a case in Paypal and get your money back. Is it definitely turbo siren? Have you got a video? Boost leaks/pipes split sounds like siren too and will also be a reason for no boost.

I almost expected at least one failure since last summer when these were released, and was more surprised up to now there were none. But to be completely sure, make sure you have no boost leaks / split outlet pipes.

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Worst case credit card has clawback for these situations. Credit card purchases are automatically covered by the card company

dreptroman

Lurker
Feb 2, 2019
Ride
E93 335i N54
I used Revolut... I am unsure if they cover anything. I am waiting for the position of the seller anyway

Can you link me to ispeedytech store?

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
It's possible it's all from the same factory, i can only share where most of us got ours from without issue. I'd also run castrol titanium fst 5w30, as per oem spec.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I can't believe someone really asked for screen shot he doesn't owe us anything. I think noone should jump to conclusion and @Aaron as far as wedge my point was if he really had wedge tune non stock turbos amd they blew he probably is telling the truth. Yes Wedge wouldnt have proof but that's pretty elaborate if u pay to tune a car and fake problems months later all to bash a chinese turbo.

dreptroman

Lurker
Feb 2, 2019
Ride
E93 335i N54
Turbo Siren Video

I made a video...

And something else wedge can confirm. In the last the last 3 months only got to v2 (v3 was on when they started siren) of the custom map because I was hunting for a boost leak that wasnt actually a boost leak (long story short) but the logs he said looked really good... I dont believe running the not final version of the map this long would cause a failure but maybe this info is relevant for somebody

Last edited:
Reactions: Threetirtyfive

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Defo sounds like siren. What will you get next?
I guess you could replace the chra, or ask them to send you another pair of turbos.
Having paid with card just raise a case with the card company. I doubt the manufacturer will come back to you.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Get some wig wags and maybe people will pull out of the way? Not that you will be going very fast...

dreptroman

Lurker
Feb 2, 2019
Ride
E93 335i N54
Update: I have actually ordered a new set, 17T, this time from the seller recommended here. I will be VSR balancing them as an extra once they get here.

As I am in Europe there is no option to get some decent priced turbos. I"ll see how this works out.

To repair the 16T costs almost as much as ordering a new pair...

Maybe there is something I should pay more attention to when I install so this does not happen again.

Any advice?

I will document with photos the old ones when I take them down. Maybe somebody will tel what went wrong...

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
Update: I have actually ordered a new set, 17T, this time from the seller recommended here. I will be VSR balancing them as an extra once they get here.

As I am in Europe there is no option to get some decent priced turbos. I"ll see how this works out.

To repair the 16T costs almost as much as ordering a new pair...

Maybe there is something I should pay more attention to when I install so this does not happen again.

Any advice?

I will document with photos the old ones when I take them down. Maybe somebody will tel what went wrong...

Your complaining about cost and lost out big on the Chinese turbo gamble and now your buying another set hoping for a different outcome. If you were installing them yourself I'd say buy it, but since your wasting all this money on labor if these turbos blow, you could have bought a doc race kit by then.

Since turbo cost is an issue you really should put back on OEM turbos because your going to be furious, not if, but when these fail just like the other ones since it's the quality of the parts used, not just the vsr balancing.

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
The thing with theses is, you have literally no idea what the internals are, unless you break them down. These guys aren’t making these with true td04 spec’d wheels, as they all spec there wheels to each of there own. You at least hope all the internals are td04, which would make these rebuildable, as long as the wheels are good. I’d like to see what these look like and the reason behind the noise.

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
He's literally the first to have a proper failure after over 20 pairs have sold. It's not that much of a gamble any more when some guys have over 15000 miles on them

D

Deleted member 2204

Might as well tell it to the tree outside Threetirtyfive :sweatsmile:

@dreptroman Please let us know the result of the balance. I'm really curious how good they are from the factory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
He's literally the first to have a proper failure after over 20 pairs have sold. It's not that much of a gamble any more when some guys have over 15000 miles on them
He didnt have the ones in this thread. Honestly if a shop balances and looks over them should be of no concern as long as not pushing to limit

dreptroman

Lurker
Feb 2, 2019
Ride
E93 335i N54
He didnt have the ones in this thread. Honestly if a shop balances and looks over them should be of no concern as long as not pushing to limit
What do you think the limit is for these?
How much PSI do they handle on yours? Straight gas, no E

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
What do you think the limit is for these?
How much PSI do they handle on yours? Straight gas, no E
I don't have these turbos but if they balance out I think you should be able to easily max out your octane on 93 and turbos wont be near limit