My official China TD04 16T eBay turbos

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Yeah PI meth will be the route I go, psi activated.

On the actual meth, it may be less addictive but the long term effects are way way worse. My little brother thought me and our other brother implanted cameras and listening devices in his body. Needless to say, he will now be on anti psychotics for the rest of his life...

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Yeah PI meth will be the route I go, psi activated.

On the actual meth, it may be less addictive but the long term effects are way way worse. My little brother thought me and our other brother implanted cameras and listening devices in his body. Needless to say, he will now be on anti psychotics for the rest of his life...

PSI activated is what I rock. Very easy to keep it not spraying. You will like running meth and mixing, if you don't run 100%, is easy enough and it does not have to be perfect.

Sorry to be so OT my last OT post:

I'm very sorry for your bother man, my brother is a addict too, it just sucks for everyone. I agree on the long term effects of meth being worse. I really feel bad for drug addicts. It's not their fault their body is prewired that way to get addicted. I have tried almost everything under the sun and never woke up the next morning saying, shit I got to get me another bag. Well, other than a bag of herb maybe. Shit ruins so many lives. MA has a bad opioid epidemic, hell the whole country I imagine.

China can also fuck off with flooding us with Fentanyl and making a profit: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...rofit-center-from-chinese-labs-to-u-s-streets

Last edited:

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
This thread is spiraling, but yeah fuck CIA for heroine, South America for cocaine, ghettos for crack, trailer park for meth, and Canada... Just for apologizing all the damn time

dreptroman

Lurker
Feb 2, 2019
Ride
E93 335i N54
Execpt for the advice on meth and crack is there anybody going to provide any info like: what PSI are they running, if JB4 or custom tune on these turbos just to getback on track :))

• Funny
Reactions: Torgus

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
You got em, mount them suckers and let us know, I need to decide if I'm gonna pull the trigger on these in the next few weeks.

dreptroman

Lurker
Feb 2, 2019
Ride
E93 335i N54
This is what happened. what can you say? what is this

Attachments

• IMG-20190912-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20190912-WA0014.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG-20190912-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20190912-WA0013.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 526
  • Sad
Reactions: Torgus

135iTX

Corporal
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2009 135i
"So every turbo that ever blew up is by definition a low quality turbo? GTFO RuskiRacer"

Not sure if this is sarcasm or you are high

FRESNO559

Apr 20, 2020
As far as your #4 comment, I wouldn't think they would make them just to put them on Alibaba/EBay as much as they just wanted your business. I'm saying that because if your comment was true, they would just buy a set from you and reverse engineer them.

Have you purchase and own these Chinese turbo before commenting on how cheap made they are?

I will say this “I have bought a set of Fedic turbo cartridge for my N54 and not have any problem with them since....going on 50,000 miles now”.

So as far as poorly balance goes they are NOT POORLY BALANCE nor will the EXPLODE OUT OF THE BOX.

FRESNO559

Apr 20, 2020
As far as your #4 comment, I wouldn't think they would make them just to put them on Alibaba/EBay as much as they just wanted your business. I'm saying that because if your comment was true, they would just buy a set from you and reverse engineer them.
Good update so far... all we know is what was discussed in prior thread:
1) Out of box they balance poorly.
2) The wastegates are less quality than OE's in new form.
3) They are produced from cheap throwaway materials not up to lifelong/extreme usage, however some competitors are ok with using them. Note: These issues can take years to manifest themselves.
3) They are certainly a competitors own offering (without the markup), but assembled and balanced in China. Note: Would need VSR traces from both parties to determine who is doing the better job balancing.
4) The Chinese manufacturer had also reached out to us to "build" our turbos for them , of course so they can put them on Alibaba/Ebay after we spec them out for them. Note: We are not that dumb (or lazy/incapable/greedy).:tongueout:

Will be interesting to see how they keep going for you, either way if you are ok with the labor (and buying another set) if in the event something goes wrong they are certainly one hell of a deal.

Rob

I purchase a set of the Chinese brand turbos “FEDIC” off eBay for $198 out the door, shipped from China got to California within 4 days (Yes 4 days) I installed them myself back in summer of 2019 and now 50,000 miles later still no problems what so ever. I put easy 8,000 miles a month on my car.

regarding your comment about “they are poorly balance out of the box” is not true at all.

I personally have very good experience with these turbos so when it was deliver I didn’t have to do squat except to install them, no balancing, no tightening or make any adjustment since it was ready to install.

Now I will Share with every one as to WHAT CAUSES OUR TURBO TO FAIL!!!!!

The answer is..........OUR DAMN OIL FILTERS!!!!!!

YES YES EVERYONE I am 100% sure why because I have gone through two sets of OEM turbos thinking one was a bad batch but it wasn’t how they are made or a bad batch. If you put a chinese cheap brand or a high end gold dipped USA made that cost $10,000 vs $200 both will still fail if our oil filter isn’t change every 2,000 miles.

Here’s what I’m saying.....
We don’t need to change our oil every 2,000 miles but do it at every 3k, 5k or 7k miles regularly the only difference or change we MUST make is to replace the OIL filter every 2,000 miles by twisting the cap off and put in the new oil filter leaving the oil untouched for another 2k more miles.

Our turbos suck the motor oil and burns it faster then the engine piston themselves so now we have two mouths to feed vs non turbo vehicles.

Don’t believe me go ahead and open up your oil filter without draining your pan you’ll see the amount of oil still full and trap in the filter cap when it should have been drained back down into the engine while your car is off. Now if that’s the case hurry up and replace that filter or your turbo feed lines will be getting little to no oil burning up the turbo shaft and smoking white clouds will be coming out the tail pipe real soon.

I bought a total of 20 packs of oil filter from eBay for $100 and I replace them more then I swap condoms, and now my cheap $198 turbo Chines made are going on more then 50,000 miles.

Reactions: seb.apprenti

FRESNO559

Apr 20, 2020
I took one for the team and purchased these turbos. I have posted some here on another thread but thought I would create my own thread and give an update.

I purchased and installed these turbos myself the end of April 2018. I’m not promoting these turbos just trying to give people an idea of what to expect and my personal experience. I purchased these through eBay because I felt more comfortable using PayPal with thier buyer protection. I paid $930 shipped to my door. Claim to have a 1 year warranty. I know these same turbos can be found on AliExpress and looks like a few others sites.

1st question I get asked, the answer is no: I have not had the car on a Dyno.

They have stock like Spool, I’m using JB4 w/ MHD OTS BMS hybrid e85 Bef. No smoke, no noise, no problems with install, (except failed 034 motor mount) BMS China 2” stock location inlets, stock outlets, Phoenix race 7.5” intercooler, stage 3 XHP trans flash, Stage 2 LPFP running E40. I’m running out of fuel at 21-22 PSI. I will Need PI if I want to push these anymore.

So far I have put about 1400 miles on them running around 20PSI. They have been trouble free thus far. I had people tell me they would blow up right out of the box, wasting your time and money, blah blah blah, usual scare tactics. This is my daily driver and I will try to keep you all informed. If I have any trouble with them I’m not here to try and hide anything, if they fail I will post!

The center section of these turbos are a TD03 center with TD04 9 blade and what they say is 16T wheel, although it seems to measure a little bigger than the specs of a 16T wheel. These are pretty much identical to what a certain vendor on here sells as their china frame stage 2+ turbos. So they should be comparable in power. These do have a 2” inlet with a lip on them, 9 blade , etc...same specs!

Keep in mind these are China turbos with chinese quality control so I would only recommend if you are willing to DIY the install.

Pics are worth a thousand words.
View attachment 13327 View attachment 13328 View attachment 13329 View attachment 13330 View attachment 13331 View attachment 13332 View attachment 13333 View attachment 13334 View attachment 13335 View attachment 13336 View attachment 13337 View attachment 13338 View attachment 13339
View attachment 13341

Nice job on this post..thanks for sharing this with us much much appreciated.

I too purchase the chines turbos and have no problem what so ever. $198 for two new turbo cartridges!!!!!!! Man can’t beat that price VS a $1,000 brand name.

I recently posted a reply on one of the fellow comment regarding his thoughts on these chines turbo and I will say it again on my reply to your post and that is.....

If you want any turbo to last 150,000 miles replace your oil filters every 2,000 miles (meaning DONT DO AN OIL CHANGE at 2,000 miles) just take out the oil filter and put in a new one ever 2,000 miles and you’ll see how long it will last you. Trust me that’s the answer to a failing turbo.

Reactions: seb.apprenti

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Don’t believe me go ahead and open up your oil filter without draining your pan you’ll see the amount of oil still full and trap in the filter cap when it should have been drained back down into the engine while your car is off. Now if that’s the case hurry up and replace that filter or your turbo feed lines will be getting little to no oil burning up the turbo shaft and smoking white clouds will be coming out the tail pipe real soon.

the oil filter housing is designed to prevent drain back on purpose, losing oil out of the filter housing every key off would be an issue not a solution

in fact, if you want to solve this 'issue' just remove the center basket , that will let the oil drain with the engine off. bam 'fixed'

im also going to need a link to these $199.99 turbos you bought

im all for these turbos working, but this is not a good look

FRESNO559

Apr 20, 2020
the oil filter housing is designed to prevent drain back on purpose, losing oil out of the filter housing every key off would be an issue not a solution

in fact, if you want to solve this 'issue' just remove the center basket , that will let the oil drain with the engine off. bam 'fixed'

Attachments

• ADEFD6CA-752A-430B-962F-847230081566.png
    ADEFD6CA-752A-430B-962F-847230081566.png
    495.6 KB · Views: 265

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
oh those are just oem style replacement chra

this thread is in regards to larger, upgraded performance turbos

FRESNO559

Apr 20, 2020

im all for these turbos working, but this is not a good look

Can’t remove the middle basket because it will cause the filter to collapse, I already tried that.