MOTIV RE|FLEX - ADVANCED I/O INTEGRATION

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
AFR is simply more bouncy when under low load, it's not just pure DI, it's that you're under decent load once your PI turns on.

STFT is a good way to go. 1.1 vs 1.4 is a good staring place, but adjust as needed. running mid to high 15's for gas equivalent lambda during low load for highway is decent way to get 10% MPG back on E85, plus more advanced timing than you run WOT. Be careful with your HPFP pressure in the 2500-3000 RPM range, the pump is not spinning fast enough to keep up with as much load as later RPM, so make sure you have PI in there if you see your high end pressure sagging as that's a sign you're reaching max possible fuel delivery with DI.

The closer you get to proper fuel added with PI and scalar at a given load/rpm, the less the STFT will need to adjust, and thus the smoother your AFR will stay rather than bouncing around. Might also check your spark gap, AFR will bounce around like that if you're breaking up.

I will keep at it. My pulls have felt smooth, minus a throttle closure right after initial boost target is reached. I did turn on PI in the 2500-3000 range in my later updates. Rail pressure looks good. I also wasnt sure if people tried to run pump gas 95% on DI and really only have PI cut on at higher loads/higher E% or if it gets blended into normal pump gas operation (I am chasing the latter). I havent messed much with cars with factory DI/PI systems, but wasnt sure what the factory philosophy was. I feel like once PI is installed, it is 'expected' to work and any kind of failure should go to limp mode - just like a DI injector failing would (even though DI only on pump gas is more than adequate from a fuel supply only perspective).