MMP POOR SERVICE, POOR QUALITY, FALSE MARKETING (PERSONAL EXPERIENCE)

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
BFF91D68-2F52-441A-A31C-004BDB038DD4.gif

roywillems

Private
May 18, 2017
Netherlands
Im still here, allot to read i see! The injectors are still sealed and untested, china injectors is not something that i want, gives me a bad feeling after all the problems.

And Filippo is right we can only post 1/2 times a week :tonguewink:

also props for Robert to fix something what is not his fault! Genuine bosch injectors arrived today shipped to me with High prio!

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
I just want to give props to Precision Raceworks for making this right. As someone who has done business with all three of these vendors (PR, BMP and MMP), I can tell you that Robert @ PR and Stephen @ BMP go above and beyond with their customer service. I can be a needy customer and they are very responsive and helpful whenever I need it. Mauricio usually tries, but it's clear that he has too much on his plate. I received wrong parts from him more than once. I never knew these vendors might be associated with each other, and frankly I don't care if they are or aren't.

I ran the original MMP PI kit and wasn't satisfied with it. The gaskets never sealed right, the injectors came with bent tips and I suspected they were leaking after having cold-start issues and strong fuel smell. I asked for replacement injectors and eventually Mauricio sent me 4 (not 6) injectors. At that point, I just decided to ditch the MMP kit for a BMP kit with OEM gaskets and genuine Bosch injectors. Haven't had a problem or looked back since! I also sleep a little better at night.

I'm sure Mauricio won't be happy to read this, just like he wasn't thrilled to watch my videos comparing his turbos and his port injection kit. He coincidentally updated his PI kit after I released that video, as he should've. I'm a consumer and enthusiast, just like the rest of us are. Improvements and advancements on this platform help everyone. I will share my honest opinion with my audience to help them make informed decisions (saves time & money). If I like something, I'll promote it. If I don't, I'll make sure people know why so they can proceed accordingly.

MMP is good for budget builds, in my opinion. The products, when working correctly, will produce results. They seem to require more diligent installations, maintenance and checkups, but they will work. After being on this platform for 4 years, I've learned that spending more money up front will usually save you money & headaches in the long run. You get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once from now on for me. BMP's port injection kit and PR's ignition kit and fuel system have been problem-free since install.

No one asked me to post here, and I don't think any of these vendors would go out of their way to influence the OP to post this. But I thought I should share my thoughts, since I have first-hand experience with each vendor.

But that still doesn't address the fact that he got knock-off injectors (not once, but twice), when he purchased a kit that advertised Bosch injectors.

If you bought a M3 but instead received a 328i, would you be satisfied... even it it "worked"?

agree x 1000 on everything.

the point you made about mmp and budget build friendly is a great one. There is nothing wrong with budget builds persay, but people need to be aware that these are budget-orientated products and sadly It seems most people don't notice that. I mean, the website literally recommends an eBay BOV with their charge pipe for god sakes...

Last edited:

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Lets not forget the countless melted MMP outlets. Dude has a knack for selling Chinese junk, and passing the blame on anything other than his product.
FWIW I have MMP outlet with 7k miles logged. Just pulled the outlet last week to install motor mounts and it looks about like the day it was installed.

Filippo

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
FWIW I have MMP outlet. 7k miles on them. Just pulled the outlet last week to install motor mounts and it looks about like the day it was installed.

Filippo

We've been emailed by a ton MMP Outlet guys over the past couple years, who agree 100% with fredcase above. Most of which had to order units from us to get them back on the road, sometimes after their 2nd or 3rd replacement failed. Of course "installation issues" are to blame in all of these cases (and of course sometimes they could be), but when designing things it certainly helps to make them as install friendly and resilient to issues as possible (especially with silicone!)- both of which were clearly neglected with this product. However these sorts of things tend to cost a bit more time and $$$ to develop, which cuts into the bottom line- but still falls into the corner cutting mentality discussed in this thread. Rest assured that their outlet product has been a very large debacle, per noted above, so count your blessings in your experience thus far.

Rob

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Just sharing my direct, first-hand experience, Rob.

Filippo

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Actually I've been watching the outlet as of course I've heard stories - popping off, melting, et cetera. I was surprised at how good it looked when I pulled it. I've had it installed for about 18 months ... obviously it's not a daily driver at 7k miles in that time. Wonder how long it takes in those 25 other guys before the issue presents?

Filippo

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
Actually I've been watching the outlet as of course I've heard stories - popping off, melting, et cetera. I was surprised at how good it looked when I pulled it. I've had it installed for about 18 months ... obviously it's not a daily driver at 7k miles in that time. Wonder how long it takes in those 25 other guys before the issue presents?

Filippo

Yeah not sure as did not perform any case studies on each customer for a product that was not even our own, only know we had dealt with a lot of customers who were really bumming out over it all.

Also know that we likely only heard from a smaller portion of the actual problems as it would be doubtful to hear from them all, so perhaps one of the extremely likely 100+ affected may chime in at some point. Although considering the OP's ordeal that maybe less likely than the extremely likely 100+ who bought cheap china injectors thinking they were authentic bosch as well.

Rob

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Hahaha ... gotcha ... was just trying to get a bead on how quickly a problem becomes evident. I didn't expect you'd cataloged a case study!

Filippo

Reactions: Rob@RBTurbo

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
I emailed him about mine. He blames install error immediately, even thou I had the recommended clearance. His exact word were. "I can't help with an installation error like this" Then I made a thread about what junk I think they are, then he claims, I demanded a new set, and "he offered me a replacement at discount" both lies. I posted screenshots of the conversation.

Dude is a scumbag. I will never buy or recommend anything from him again.

Cheap Chinese garbage, re branded for profit.

Not sure if you were one who had ever emailed us about this- if so there should be at least 24 others with the same story.:tonguewink:

Rob

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT

Filippo

I wouldn't hold your breath, as I'm sure you and others who work on your car are highly competent installers who know better than to leave a silicone outlet 0.02 inches from the turbo manifold, with no heat shielding. I have 17k and counting on my MMP silicone outlet - it was zip tied to the frame rail and had three layers of aluminum heat shielding. I took the proper precautions and had zero issues, log after log boost and target overlapping beautifully.

Rob is only still here posting dumb shit because Mauricio sells turbos, and he also sells turbos.

Dude spends an awful amount of time online talking smack for someone supposedly so busy fulfilling a huge back log of turbo orders. And most of the time he's got no evidence and resorts to fear mongering. It's pathetic.

Last edited:

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
These kind of threads are the bulk of Rob's "marketing budget." He loves when things get moved to the octagon.

Yeah we need to up our scam artist game, you know sell cheap junk repro injectors off as Authentic Bosch and things of that nature. Then put the profits towards marketing so we can grow an even larger rip-off operation.