MMP POOR SERVICE, POOR QUALITY, FALSE MARKETING (PERSONAL EXPERIENCE)

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
hahah. lets just take the whole 750cc injector / defective argument and set it aside for a second, and bring up the second set of injectors. Those were promised to be made by "Bosch OEM"... and they were Chinese knock offs, and in fact non genuine Bosch injectors as advertised. thats not being defective, that is being straight up ripped off. If thats not false advertisement, that I dont know what the hell is

Love how everyone has to resort to ad hominem attacks. what does liberals / millenials have anything to do with anything:tearsofjoy: someone buys a product, they get said product. it should be that simple. If they dont get the product they bought and were ripped off with fake product, with no refund, that is literally the definition of fraud.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
hahah. lets just take the whole 750cc injector / defective argument and set it aside for a second, and bring up the second set of injectors. Those were promised to be made by "Bosch OEM"... and they were Chinese knock offs, and in fact non genuine Bosch injectors as advertised. thats not being defective, that is being straight up ripped off. If thats not false advertisement, that I dont know what the hell is

Love how everyone has to resort to ad hominem attacks. what does liberals and millenials have anything to do with anything:tearsofjoy: someone buys a product, they get said product. it should be that simple.

You are making a BIG assumption. First - MMP hasn't been in this, and hasn't said they would send the new injectors. They said they would send REPLACEMENT injectors. If you purchase off brand injectors, why would you think a warranty replacement would be of a different product. That's absurd.

I see no fraud. I see a defective product, past warranty. They then did send replacements, and there's still complaints because its not the "new, better" ones. The purchaser had no issue with the original ones when purchased, but now they aren't good enough.

Sorry if you felt my response was a personal attack. That was not the intent. Just as you said, someone buys a product, they get said product. If product is defective, they make a claim during the warranty period. They get replacement of said part, not a different part. Claiming disappointment with a vendor is one thing, claiming fraud is another. You claimed fraud, which is a pretty serious claim.

Would you say the same thing about the current Bosch injectors that MMP sells? They are flow tested and listed as 1055CC injectors. If you take them and flow test them at a different pressure, they won't flow 1055cc.

You have incomplete information and made a rash decision.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
376ECE94-F05E-45A7-8A6E-D97CCC684488.jpeg

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
You are making a BIG assumption. First - MMP hasn't been in this, and hasn't said they would send the new injectors. They said they would send REPLACEMENT injectors. If you purchase off brand injectors, why would you think a warranty replacement would be of a different product. That's absurd.

I see no fraud. I see a defective product, past warranty. They then did send replacements, and there's still complaints because its not the "new, better" ones. The purchaser had no issue with the original ones when purchased, but now they aren't good enough.

Sorry if you felt my response was a personal attack. That was not the intent. Just as you said, someone buys a product, they get said product. If product is defective, they make a claim during the warranty period. They get replacement of said part, not a different part. Claiming disappointment with a vendor is one thing, claiming fraud is another. You claimed fraud, which is a pretty serious claim.

Would you say the same thing about the current Bosch injectors that MMP sells? They are flow tested and listed as 1055CC injectors. If you take them and flow test them at a different pressure, they won't flow 1055cc.

You have incomplete information and made a rash decision.

re read the OP's original post and focus on the bolded parts. The part that im stuck on is maurucio states that he NOW sells OEM Bosch injectors.

its like having your hpfp or index 9 injectors go out under warranty, and BMW NA replace it with the same original part and not the version that was made to be the fix. using the flawed part doesnt do any good to anyone. normally a buyer shouldnt get a replacement with a different part, but when the part was known to be shitty and a company come out with a new part to fix it, it should be implied that the replacement is the new part that has a supposed fix to the issue

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
He now SELLS Bosch injectors. That doesn't mean warranty replacements for non Bosch would be Bosch.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
im not saying all of MMP or mauricio is a scam or anything along those lines, all Im saying is for this particular order, the customer never recieved what he paid for and never a refund, which is basically what the definition of a fraudulent charge is, hence why Im claiming it could be / basically is fraud.. Dont think im calling MMP a scam as a whole, im simply just on the customers side in this scenario / thread.

Like I said sending the original non Bosch injectors knowing they are shit is not doing any good to anyone. wasnt the whole point in this to replace the injectors cause they werent as advertised? replacing the "not as advertised" injectors with more "not as advertised" injectors just doesn't solve anything whatsoever.

personally Im with you on the whole PI thing and Im not really even a potential customer either so all this speculation isnt really worth it anymore. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, but for whats it worth, so many vendors in the n54 lack basic business skills. Its simple, just give the man a new set of the Bosch injectors. whether you technically have to or not, just do it. make the customer happy, make the people on the forums happy, inspire confidence in future potential customers, and own up to the fact that the original injectors sucked ass and be honorable of your products.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Mmp clearly needs to fix this issue. Op submitted claims to each request of warranty policy and they clearly gave him a bad product, that does NOT perform as intended or claimed.This could cost him a motor. Injectors were shit, the replacements were shit. Come on!

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Mmp clearly needs to fix this issue. Op submitted claims to each request of warranty policy and they clearly gave him a bad product, that does NOT perform as intended or claimed.This could cost him a motor. Injectors were shit, the replacements were shit. Come on!

You're calling the replacements shit simply because they are not real Bosch injectors, but we don't know if they flow what is claimed. Has the OP had them flow tested? He hasn't said. Once again, everyone is claiming that the injectors should be replaced with Bosch injectors. Why? That's not what was purchased nor described. The warranty doesnt state, "use this, and if it doesn't work, we will replace it with something else that you never bought." The OP purchased the kit and apparently was satisfied with the purchase until they weren't and now it isn't good enough and should be replaced with the new stuff. If it was replaced with the same, but not defective parts, that is sufficient to satisfy the warranty.

It was helpful that you linked the MMP warranty. Here's the part you neglected to highlight:

upload_2018-6-22_7-58-43.png

JDKruger4

Private
Aug 10, 2017
Ride
335i LCI
This is clearly a PR issue first and foremost. Based on their terms it doesn't appear MMP is required to cover or replace, but they damn well should if they value their customers considering there was a known issue with the injectors. IMO how this should of been handled was 1) apologizing for the problems with their product, 2) offering known functional "knockoff" replacements for free OR offering genuine Bosch replacements for the difference in price. Offering genuine Bosch replacements with additional payment would have certainly been above and beyond by MMP IMO (which they would have quickly recouped the cost if this post was in that case about how great MMP was in taking care of them vs. how many people have written them off now).

I had an issue with an early adopter 4k Samsung TV and the backlight flashing (looking online it was a common issue). It was just out of warranty and they said they could do nothing. I reached out to Samsung NA on Facebook and they happily took care of it with a replacement (new model that didn't have the known issue). Goes to show how even large companies take PR seriously.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Pretty sure they initially were advertising their injectors as "Bosch"- obviously knowing they were cheap China replicas. They later were called out on it and they said "they are as good as Bosch, but not quite Bosch" (vaguely remember them saying they were FoMoCo or Ford equivalents). After further questioning they began offering "Authentic Bosch", or at least one would hope and that it was not yet another guise for some China Re-dos.

To back some of this up here is a thread (last edited in 12/24/2016) which clearly states "6x tested and flow matched within 1% 52lb bosch injectors good for additional fuel injection to over 900whp on E85.": https://www.bummerboost.com/showthr...Injection-kits&p=741578&highlight=#post741578

Now note that the OP had purchased his setup on 7/2017 which was MANY MANY months thereafter this original thread; so did he not buy what was advertised above?

The moral of the story is that some vendors will go the extra mile to make the consumer believe whatever it is they desire, and when they add "it's the cheapest" well then the sale is a dead ringer. The consumer needs to be weary of some vendors as more and more are spending their lives stocking their shelves from as many Chinese sources as they can for replicas and cheapest solutions, and the consumers tend to eat it up as at the end of the day "It was cheaper and better (the vendor told me so)!".

It is also sad for those out there competing who are working their tails off to offer the consumer the best possible solutions at much smaller margins, but will only use Authentic components at every layer possible vs. another vendor who will make much larger margins (but still be cheaper) while cutting every corner possible. From a vendor perspective it is not always about price point, it is about getting the best products out there to the consumer. From a consumer perspective it is not always about buying the cheapest, it is about buying the most product you can for the money.

Rob

Last edited:

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
You're calling the replacements shit simply because they are not real Bosch injectors, but we don't know if they flow what is claimed. Has the OP had them flow tested? He hasn't said. Once again, everyone is claiming that the injectors should be replaced with Bosch injectors. Why? That's not what was purchased nor described. The warranty doesnt state, "use this, and if it doesn't work, we will replace it with something else that you never bought." The OP purchased the kit and apparently was satisfied with the purchase until they weren't and now it isn't good enough and should be replaced with the new stuff. If it was replaced with the same, but not defective parts, that is sufficient to satisfy the warranty.

It was helpful that you linked the MMP warranty. Here's the part you neglected to highlight:

View attachment 12516
It comes down to reading comprehension, and how you interpreted being schemed on. Yes if you sale me a fake anything its shit. I ALWAYS want what is advertised.facts are he wasn’t given what was ADVERTISED.They slapped a m3 badge on a 328 and put it on ebay. Does it drive ?yes... still not M3, is it a car?.... still not m3. Is it a bmw?....still not m3.I Wish more companies were like Amazon.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
At some point it had to be assumed that the injectors were knock offs, right? I mean if you look at the port injection options out there the MMP stuff is much cheaper than the others. He is basically selling the whole setup for the price of legitimate injectors only. I'm not saying the OP should have known better but you would think people would realize that most of the affordable companies making products for this car are using Chinese parts for as cheap as possible.

Anyone remember when PI was $1500-2000? A lot less young bucks trying to mod these cars back then lol

Reactions: Subaru335i

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Anyone remember when PI was $1500-2000? A lot less young bucks trying to mod these cars back then lol

$1500-2000 port injection kits were because of the new car tax (resale values weren't in the shitter back then), BMW tax, and F u e l - I t tax combined. The F u e l - I t tax being the most egregious out of them. I still refuse to buy anything from them due to price gouging.

I agree with the comments made so far on MMP's pricing but let's not go there. lol

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sshec152

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
I personally have had great experience with MMP. Hopefully this gets resolved
I haven’t had any defective or bad products from mmp. Turbos, first pair of turbo outlets, inlets or port injection. But this is his personal experience, that sheds lights on the effort made bt MMP, when and if shit hits the fan

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Pretty sure they initially were advertising their injectors as "Bosch"- obviously knowing they were cheap China replicas. They later were called out on it and they said "they are as good as Bosch, but not quite Bosch" (vaguely remember them saying they were FoMoCo or Ford equivalents). After further questioning they began offering "Authentic Bosch", or at least one would hope and that it was not yet another guise for some China Re-dos.

To back some of this up here is a thread (last edited in 12/24/2016) which clearly states "6x tested and flow matched within 1% 52lb bosch injectors good for additional fuel injection to over 900whp on E85.": https://www.bummerboost.com/showthr...Injection-kits&p=741578&highlight=#post741578

Now note that the OP had purchased his setup on 7/2017 which was MANY MANY months thereafter this original thread; so did he not buy what was advertised above?

The moral of the story is that some vendors will go the extra mile to make the consumer believe whatever it is they desire, and when they add "it's the cheapest" well then the sale is a dead ringer. The consumer needs to be weary of some vendors as more and more are spending their lives stocking their shelves from as many Chinese sources as they can for replicas and cheapest solutions, and the consumers tend to eat it up as at the end of the day "It was cheaper and better (the vendor told me so)!".

It is also sad for those out there competing who are working their tails off to offer the consumer the best possible solutions at much smaller margins, but will only use Authentic components at every layer possible vs. another vendor who will make much larger margins (but still be cheaper) while cutting every corner possible. From a vendor perspective it is not always about price point, it is about getting the best products out there to the consumer. From a consumer perspective it is not always about buying the cheapest, it is about buying the most product you can for the money.

Rob

This ☝️☝️☝️☝️
When I bought mine, they were in fact advertised as BOSCH. I had bank to bank fuel trims variations because of these SHIIITY injectors. That is in fact FALSE advertisement. I called him out on it, in the end, I can say Mauricio made it right. That however does not change the fact that installing his kit was a pain in the ass. The trouble shooting alone on a NEW product was bullshit. Also the injectors were clearly not new. If I buy a product, I expect it to be NEW, unless stated as remanufactured or rebuilt, etc. Had I known he was flat out LYING about the injectors, brand, remanufactured, etc, I would have purchased elsewhere.

MMP

Private
Nov 10, 2016
Houston, Texas
To be clear No I did not tell him I was sending him a set of bosch injectors from my gen 2 kit, I told him I sell Bosch injectors with my Gen 2 kit. He had a gen 1 kit. I went though several companies with my gen1 kit and non were great ultimately found my way to bosch. Im pretty sure the owner of Precision Raceworks which is the same owner of Black Market Parts put him up to this thread but now worries thats fine. I did agree to send him a new set of injectors, I told him they were good but that they werent bosch and he agreed to take them. Soon as he gets them he posts this thread, oh well, such is life.

Last edited:

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
To be clear No I dd not tell him I was sending him a set of bosch injectors from my gen 2 kit, I told him I sell Bosch injectors with my Gen 2 kit. He had a gen 1 kit. I went though several companies with my gen1 kit and non were great ultimately found my way to bosch. Im pretty sure the owner of Precision Raceworks which is the same owner of Black Market Parts put him up to this thread but now worries thats fine. I did agree to send him a new set of injectors, I told him they were good but that they werent bosch and he agreed to take them. Soon as he gets them he posts this thread, oh well, such is life.
You have a history of deceiving and lying, maybe you should reconsider your business model before continuing business.