MHD teases N54 Antilag with the stock DME

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Yea a bunch of the new / custom tables are going to have garbage in them if you are tuning from your ORI bin. To make it "friendlier" to look at, I recommend also downloading the *_MapSwitchBase.bin from our GitHub that matches your software version, and then copy over changes from either all defined tables, or selectively the tables you need.

All the behind the scenes code patching is done dynamically at flash time.

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
Legend! Thanks mate.
Yea a bunch of the new / custom tables are going to have garbage in them if you are tuning from your ORI bin. To make it "friendlier" to look at, I recommend also downloading the *_MapSwitchBase.bin from our GitHub that matches your software version, and then copy over changes from either all defined tables, or selectively the tables you need.

All the behind the scenes code patching is done dynamically at flash time.
Legend! Thanks mate.

Zetra

Lurker
Aug 31, 2020
Hey @Jake@MHD i tried today and the fault was mine about everything because i was using a custom tune, now i ported everything to the new map switch and It works really nice, i hace yo play with the timing of the burble but im really really impressed, the only problema that i have, im from Spain and i dont hace EVAP system and i get now Code 2a18

Fixed now

Reactions: doublespaces

SendSpool

Apr 27, 2021
Anti Lag works great for my Z4 DCT. My burbles are almost too much right now, even in comfort. Loud burbles any time I let off throttle, no matter the RPM, drive mode or transmission mode (D/S). I've set the timer to 0.0 sec in comfort and it continues. I also changed the timer to 0.1 sec (thought maybe bug at 0.0 sec)....still persists. I've changed the burble strength to medium and it persists. @Jake@MHD

Reactions: doublespaces

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Anti Lag works great for my Z4 DCT. My burbles are almost too much right now, even in comfort. Loud burbles any time I let off throttle, no matter the RPM, drive mode or transmission mode (D/S). I've set the timer to 0.0 sec in comfort and it continues. I also changed the timer to 0.1 sec (thought maybe bug at 0.0 sec)....still persists. I've changed the burble strength to medium and it persists. @Jake@MHD

Android user? If so, have you flashed w/ the 3.02 update? That makes the antilag flash option work properly.

As for burble, we are investigating. How long would you say it lasts w/ duration set to 0? Also could you please PM me your latest *_Flash.enc from your MHD > Debugging folder.

SendSpool

Apr 27, 2021
Android user? If so, have you flashed w/ the 3.02 update? That makes the antilag flash option work properly.

As for burble, we are investigating. How long would you say it lasts w/ duration set to 0? Also could you please PM me your latest *_Flash.enc from your MHD > Debugging folder.
Yes, android user. Yes, antilag works great. App is completely updated.

At 0.0sec it is short but a very hard burble. The loudest I've heard. Mostly a single crack.

PM incoming.

Reactions: Jake@MHD

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92

hi jake
thank you very much for your work, I can't wait to try this update.
I need some advice because I have no idea how to adjust the anti lag.
i have hydra HP650 twins with sp95 eur...my max boost is around 22 psi
how much do i have to set the anti lag? 10,12,15 PSI?
sorry for my stupid question

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
hi jake
thank you very much for your work, I can't wait to try this update.
I need some advice because I have no idea how to adjust the anti lag.
i have hydra HP650 twins with sp95 eur...my max boost is around 22 psi
how much do i have to set the anti lag? 10,12,15 PSI?
sorry for my stupid question

15psi if using the flash option. But that is mainly intended for OTS maps. Custom tunes, larger turbos, etc should really get it baked into your custom tune by your tuner, and then don't use the flash option.

You may need a bit more timing retard and could set it for 18-20psi in your tune.

Reactions: seb.apprenti

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
15psi if using the flash option. But that is mainly intended for OTS maps. Custom tunes, larger turbos, etc should really get it baked into your custom tune by your tuner, and then don't use the flash option.

You may need a bit more timing retard and could set it for 18-20psi in your tune.
oh ok great i will contact ken Thanks a lot

Sava666

Corporal
Dec 14, 2020
@Jake@MHD Good morning Jake. One question: N54, Static ethanol content (map3) set to 20%. Do we still have to set "Enable FlexFuel" map3 cell to 1 or it should remain 0?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Static E% will blend against the FF tables per the given ipol factors for that map slot with or without FF enabled. If FF is enabled, it overrides the value from the sensor when static > 0

Reactions: Sava666

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
@Jake@MHD this is a great release, thanks for the continued development for the N54. For the nerds out here, can you give some insight on how you did the map switching? I recall previously that even for the flex fuel logic you said you had to remove the cold start logic (I think) and I was wondering how you had enough memory for 4 extra maps, which is awesome. I'm not a coder by any means, just interested in understanding the challenges you had to overcome.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Sure. This release is extra cool bc cold start works properly again even if you are using FlexFuel :)

Most of the space for the other map slots was taken by repurposing a bunch of the stratified operation specific tables, which are never used on N54. Additionally similar things were reused like on the original FF (like using bank 2 fuel / scalar tables for the E85 copies), shrinking down to one L2T table (only one used anyway), etc.

So compatibility with the old style FF tunes remains as well, with just a couple minor things massaged in the app at flash time.

The other stuff like CAN I/O, getting wheel button data, etc, is similar-ish to what was learned during MEVD development.

Reactions: Torgus

Zetra

Lurker
Aug 31, 2020
After update 3.03 i cant make my custom tune burble setup work, (after demandes long write) before i just disabled exhaust burble in mhd settings, and that way i think mhd dont overwrite my settings but now im confused, how i supposed to do to setup my burble tune in multimap
Thanks for the help

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
It was a required change for now to fix the throttle jerkiness. Working on more burble next week. But for now you can increase your duration and reduce timing a bit

Reactions: seb.apprenti