MHD teases N54 Antilag with the stock DME

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Apologies if this is a stupid question but can I launch the car with from a dig (auto slush box over here) with the anti lag or is it only for roll racing?

You can. You might need the timing retard values tweaked for your setup (vs. what is used in the flash option). If you have a larger turbo(s), you will likely need a higher stall converter though, bc on auto's, ignition timing at launch is a balance between keeping it up on the converter vs. retard for building boost.

Zetra

Lurker
Aug 31, 2020
Antilag dont work for me and burble normal duration is bugged now, dosnt Matter how much time i select, is like if i always be in S, It stay on, sry for my bad english just trying to help, btw i on i8aos auto zf

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Antilag dont work for me and burble normal duration is bugged now, dosnt Matter how much time i select, is like if i always be in S, It stay on, sry for my bad english just trying to help, btw i on i8aos auto zf

Car needs to be warmed up, DSC one press off or full off. Also, make sure you have the MHD+ Controls set to "Allow Both".

Zetra

Lurker
Aug 31, 2020
Oh i didnt turned DSC thats my fault, but im curious about burble problem, i will
try tomorrow and keep you updated, thank you for the amazing help and work ☺️

Btw what temp should i be, i tried at 110celsius in the oil gauge

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Oh i didnt turned DSC thats my fault, but im curious about burble problem, i will
try tomorrow and keep you updated, thank you for the amazing help and work ☺️

Btw what temp should i be, i tried at 110celsius in the oil gauge
No worries. For burble, if you could please upload a log of burble in normal and sport, along with a screenshot of your flash options. We had to rework the burble stuff so it would work properly "per map slot", so there might be a few adjustments needed.

Zetra

Lurker
Aug 31, 2020
Yes, tomorrow i do the logs, and the screenshots of the options, thank you again for your time

Reactions: alpherd

Zetra

Lurker
Aug 31, 2020
Oh, if DSC off or dtc is needed for antilag i think is not explained in the user guide

Asmo

Private
Aug 23, 2020
Amazing! Are you planning to include any converter for current binaries to the newer ones as you had with FF? If not can we generate EU based bin on MHD+ newer format?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Amazing! Are you planning to include any converter for current binaries to the newer ones as you had with FF? If not can we generate EU based bin on MHD+ newer format?

No converter needed any more :) You can simply load the appropriate bin for your car, and either fill all the MHD+ stuff manually, or if you want a "starting point", copy the defined differences / tables you want from our *_MapSwitchBase.bin on GitHub.

Asmo

Private
Aug 23, 2020
No converter needed any more :) You can simply load the appropriate bin for your car, and either fill all the MHD+ stuff manually, or if you want a "starting point", copy the defined differences / tables you want from our *_MapSwitchBase.bin on GitHub.
I just checked the xdf and old map. Seems like nothing is mixed-up up to the point that you enable an option such as maps, where obviously you're going to set it to your needs. Amazing, again.

EDIT: everything but standard load target is there in XDF. So now we have to use load target per gear as standard?

TBH, so much work should be charged with an extra license. MHD+ can be considered an extended service plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: langsbr

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
EDIT: everything but standard load target is there in XDF. So now we have to use load target per gear as standard?
Correct. You can set each gear the same if you don't wish to use the "per gear" functionality. You can also set the whole table up out of the way and use the new 3D boost ceiling table to make nice consistent boost curves.

There are some other changes, like only one main fuel table / fuel scalar table which is applied to both banks, only one L2T table, etc. Similar to the old FF XDF.

TBH, so much work should be charged with an extra license. MHD+ can be considered an extended service plan.

We thought about it, but decided free was a nice gift to all our loyal N54 customers. We hope you stick with us if/when you get F/G series vehicles in the future :)

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Two things to note:
1. App version 3.01 is pending App Store approval, it fixes a small bug with the antilag flash option ignition timing (acceleration during use should have been lessened)

2. If you currently have a Motiv ReFlex installed, you can't just select the flash option for it and expect it to work. Please check the instructions Motiv posted today (you will need to wire it in to CANBUS, as well as update its firmware and bin). Consult / work with your tuner if needed.

Reactions: RNM

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
So you can just setup tables in the MHD+ suite without need to patch the original .bin

Had to patch the map first for map switching features back in the subaru days.

So this data here can be copied over/setup no worries? This is an EU rom if that make any difference.

Screenshot from 2022-07-01 10-06-08.png