MHD teases N54 Antilag with the stock DME

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Comparing JB4 antilag to a proper flash implementation is gold 😂

Isn't the JB4 antilag just a button that forces the IAT reading down to minimum to force huge negative timing using the IAT safety table?

Essentially yes anti-lag is a momentary negative timing offset of around -30 degrees. Boost is also held to a user defined set point. If desired power can be cycled to the coils and extra fuel dumped, although I've found the best performance just doing the negative timing and set point.

Reactions: SlowE93

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
option for brake pedal + heavy throttle?

Maybe in the future, but that actually makes it a bit more difficult to modulate a constant speed due to the brake. With the cruise lever + proper tuning (aka enough timing retard to keep the vehicle from accelerating), you just pull the lever in, WOT, then release lever

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Is twisted tuning still tuning this platform?

for sure, i'm definitely still here. I just sometimes forget about the forums and go on hiatus from them every so often.

Yes. Justin does a great job. Its been a while since I had a revison on my MHD with flex but, super happy , great bloke.

thank you, shoot me a follow up email. i may have missed it.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Maybe in the future, but that actually makes it a bit more difficult to modulate a constant speed due to the brake. With the cruise lever + proper tuning (aka enough timing retard to keep the vehicle from accelerating), you just pull the lever in, WOT, then release lever

It's not that difficult, you don't need to be full on the brakes. It also simplifies launching from a dig.

The JB4 solution works well with that, there's just delay from release to actual timing change, likely sample averaging on the temp sensor.

Last edited:

alpherd

Lurker
Jun 25, 2022
mhd+

Attachments

• BDB64AB5-26BB-4463-A8D3-0C108FBBD104.jpeg
    BDB64AB5-26BB-4463-A8D3-0C108FBBD104.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 25