MHD Single Bank Fuel Conversion

steve30

Private
Sep 26, 2019
Ride
E36 M3, E90 335 ST
Hey guys,

I just finished converting to MHD's single bank fueling.

On the first drive I got a few codes and placed into limp mode:
29E2 Fuel Injector rail, pressure sensor signal (I cleared this one and it hasn't come back since)

These 2 codes came up a couple times within 20 minutes, clearing them resets the car back to normal.
2D1C Accelerator pedal module, pedal position sensor, signal 2
2D20 Accelerator pedal module, pedal position sensor, plausibility between signal 1 and signal 2

I'm wondering if a DME pin came loose or bad ground onto the battery. I disconnected the negative when I re-pinned the DME connector.

I reset just the lambda adaptations as the MHD instructions say. Not sure if anything else should be reset like the throttle position etc..

Thanks!

Edit: Just wanted to add that the car feels great and pulls strong. It doesn't seem to be an issue that occurs under boost, just driving in general.

Last edited:
Solution
Hey guys,

29E2 Fuel Injector rail, pressure sensor signal (I cleared this one and it hasn't come back since)

These 2 codes came up a couple times within 20 minutes, clearing them resets the car back to normal.
2D20 Accelerator pedal module, pedal position sensor, plausibility between signal 1 and signal 2

I'm wondering if a DME pin came loose or bad ground onto the battery. I disconnected the negative when I re-pinned the DME connector.

I reset just the lambda adaptations as the MHD instructions say. Not sure if anything else should be reset like...

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Hey guys,

I reset just the lambda adaptations as the MHD instructions say. Not sure if anything else should be reset like the throttle position etc..

Thanks!

Edit: Just wanted to add that the car feels great and pulls strong. It doesn't seem to be an issue that occurs under boost, just driving in general.

I had this. Huge pain in the ass if it happens to you in traffic, deal with it promptly. Ended up cleaning all the DME subconnectors and reseating everything and hasn't been back since.

Reactions: steve30
Solution