MHD/NLS

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
What are guys using for flash only and no lift shift?

Is there a go to that ever one has went with? How does if at all differ from the jb4 nls?

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
So it's pretty unanimous that the WOT box is the go to... The one branded as "the wot box"

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
NLS, 2-step launch control and Flex fuel will all be on the factory flash soo. Save your money

Thank you I was thinking that was possible but didn't find too much about it!
I know with almost every other manufacturer it was done flash only.

Thanks a bunch!

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
LOL. Soon like Jake Y telling me they were going to have boost controlled gates controlled via factory DME, so do not worry about external boost controllers literally 2 years ago, and they still don't have it dialed. OP, just spend the money on the WOTbox, its cheap, and it works perfectly.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
LOL. Soon like Jake Y telling me they were going to have boost controlled gates controlled via factory DME, so do not worry about external boost controllers literally 2 years ago, and they still don't have it dialed. OP, just spend the money on the WOTbox, its cheap, and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the advice Tony. If that's what Justin recommends when he tunes my car then that's what I'll be getting.. I'm sure you already know the answer to that lol

Feb 1, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone using a device that cuts the power to the ignition to limit rpm. Doing so will fire the coils too early advancing the timing significantly.

Reactions: Kommodore

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5

DME has controlled my Mac for 6+ months.

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
Sooooo should I should sell my wotbox soon like i did my cobb before MHD came out lol
I don't think we'll see anything about 2-step/nls anytime soon- given the reluctance to provide any info, which is understandable. I would hold on to the wotbox; as long as you dont chop up its harness too much, it will hold it's value. Someone will always need a WOT box. Throw it on Craigslist when the time is right lol.

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
I don't know. He's been working on flash flex fuel for several years, and 8 months ago a huge break was right around the corner :laughing:

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
I don't know. He's been working on flash flex fuel for several years, and 8 months ago a huge break was right around the corner :laughing:
I see where you're coming from, but shit happens. There are corporate employees being paid very healthy salaries to do what the group of guys excavating the DME are doing for free (taken with a grain of salt). For that reason, we should regard their work with high merit; even if it takes longer than expected.

• Agree
Reactions: Sshec152 and TWilly

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
You're right, but I was more talking shit than anything else.

On a side note, I wouldn't say he's doing it for free. He's simply investing, just as any company does in the R&D phase. Once it's done, he'll make a years salary overnight.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly

Several years? Does basic math elude you?

Also, a Motiv car was testing 2-step and NLS yesterday at a 1/2 mile event, flash only :kissing:

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Actually that wouldn't be math, it'd be reading comprehension and/or memory recall, in which case, yes I don't remember the exact number. Seems I've had a few months since the post where you more or less said it'd be ready tomorrow.

That's amazing. So we can buy it tonight then?

• Dumb
Reactions: Sshec152