MHD 2.0 with Datalog API Integration

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Nice job with the datalogs section. I've always just manually transferred logs to my PC then uploaded to datazap as the MHD integration was too much hassle but this looks like the way forward.

One suggestion would be a darker background similar to the datazap layout.

Reactions: doublespaces

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
EDIT: Thanks your finding and reading my post. Unfortunately, Spoolstreet is no longer a neutral platform where we can have honest discussions on subjects and products freely.
For this reason I have deleted all information I posted on the forums.

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Nice job with the datalogs section. I've always just manually transferred logs to my PC then uploaded to datazap as the MHD integration was too much hassle but this looks like the way forward.

One suggestion would be a darker background similar to the datazap layout.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a toggle for light or dark theme. If you're on desktop you can also make the page wide screen as well.

• Informative
Reactions: carabuser

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a toggle for light or dark theme. If you're on desktop you can also make the page wide screen as well.
Nice and wide :sunglasses:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 46

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Another tip, if you go into someone's profile (click name and then click it again on the bubble that pops up)

You can scroll to the side and there is a tab for datalogs. You can see all the datalogs that user is showing publicly:

Screenshot_20200515-202849.png

In this case you can see a couple of mine that are unlisted because I'm looking at my own.

Reactions: houtan

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
You can now upload datalogs with the MHD->SpoolStreet Integration available in MHD v2.0, there are two ways to proceed:

• Upload logs with an API Key:
    • Logs will persist indefinitely at https://datalogs.spoolstreet.com/ under "Your Datalogs".
    • BB Code support to embed your datagraphs in posts and PMs.
    • Additional privacy options such as a true Private setting, so only you can view even if someone has the link
  • Upload logs without an API key:
    • Logs will automatically delete after 14 days, if you lose the link there is no getting it back
    • No registration required

If you want logs to be saved to your account automatically, click "Find" and you will be sent to the API Keys manager:
View attachment 37677

You may have to login/register and then go back to the app and click "Find" again to be redirected correctly. From the API Keys manager, click "Add API Key" in the top right:
View attachment 37678

Then select the graph:write API permission, add a name and click save:
View attachment 37681

Copy your API key:
View attachment 37682

Then go back to MHD and typed it in:
View attachment 37676

Once the API key is added, you will not need to login anymore and all the logs will be connected to your account automatically.

By default, logs uploaded without an API key will have the 'Unlisted' privacy setting. This means it won't be displayed to the general public, you MUST know the URL to the datalog in order to view it. This also means if you lose the link, it is gone forever.

If it wasn't clear how to upload a log, you swipe left on it.
---

To move your licenses to iOS, first login on Android then login in iOS.
If you have login issues, ensure you have Google Chrome downloaded on the device and use that browser to login instead. Don't use the phone's built in browser, just use Chrome.
Alternatively, try logging into the updated Android app with a different device temporarily just to get your licenses uploaded.

I hope someone does a youtube video of this stuff because it is all Greek to me. I am a moron when it comes to this computer jargon and internet procedures like posting logs etc... the other day I tried the new xhp interface and couldn't even flash the custom xhp file until after an hour of dicking around I found out that you have to put custom files inside of the xhp app folder. And the new xhp interface confused the hell out of me...was like, "where the hell did the custom flash button go?"....

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Well, if you've upgraded already let me know if you're having issues I'll be happy to step you through it.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
i thought i did it right, but they wont automatically upload, i have to plug the api key in everytime

i know its something i did

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
They won't automatically upload, but once you click "ok" the log will go up without further interaction.

The API key should be saved in the box.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I have pushed an update to the datagraph software which is now live:

• One-click create threads directly from the datalog. The Title and description of the datalog become the thread title and body
  • Share your datalogs automatically with your tuner. Enter your tuner's username in the Privacy settings and they will have access to all your logs.
  • Share individual datagraphs with specific people. Enter another member's username in the share field of a graph to give them access to just that graph.
  • Datalog category listing lookup via API. MHD and other apps have the opportunity to retrieve the available categories. It will be up to them to implement the rest.
  • Other changes to guest uploads and how guest uploaded datalogs can be linked to user accounts.

Share individual graph, in the edit graph settings:
1590472632316.png

-----

Share all graphs in the user account privacy settings(Except private):
1590472657286.png

----

The person you shared with will see them in the "Shared Graphs" tab:
1590472690838.png

----

One-click create thread from graph:
1590472853190.png

The forum is predetermined based on the category the datalog is uploaded into. If you upload into the N54 Datalog category, the thread will be created in the N54 forum, etc. The thread title and body is inherited from the datalog title and description. Currently, the graph isn't embedded but you can copy the BB Code and edit the thread that was just created and add it yourself.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. I also updated the main board software and some theme updates.

Last edited:

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I uploaded several datalogs yesterday using the API directly from MHD v2.03 and it worked surprisingly fine for me - somebody who thinks that API is an active pharmaceutical ingredient.

Of course my titles sucked since I wasn’t that careful remembering exactly what and when I was logging LOL:)

• Funny