Methanol top end lube additive. Anyone know this?

CAA

Private
Sep 13, 2017
Ride
E92 335i ST
Hi,
I'm planning of install meth PI kit with standard injectors due to the possibility to control flow by PWM (unlike running nozzles), but I'm concerned to blow my engine due to a clog or stick open injector.
I saw in other forums (outside the n54) some people adding a methanol lube additive to protect methanol kit system components, this lube creates a lubrication layer that protects methalic pieces frictioning. Additionaly, it uses as a top end lube:
Does anyone here blends this kind of additive with meth? What effects could have on meth pump, injectors, etc?
My goal is to run meth the safiest possible way and manteniance free, or the least possible manteniance, because I use the car not often and sometimes is parked for long periods and I'm aware the effects of dry and corrosive fuel as meth sitting for some weeks inside an standard injector, rusting and crapping them.

Thanks for your comments.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
This is only required for engines that run on methanol, not partial injection. You don't want to run that through your system.

Pure meth has no lubricants, but meth used as primary fuel will have lubricants and detergents.

If you decide this is what you want, just purchase methanol with additives already in it. My speed shop I get meth from carries it both ways.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
but I'm concerned to blow my engine due to a clog or stick open injector.

Talk to @Twisted Tuning

Reactions: typedRew

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Reactions: Torgus