JPWorkz Bottom Mount Kit

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
If I’m not mistaken he hardly hit over 700whp. It all depends on the fueling support and turbo. JP kit has hit over 700whp with the top mount running a 6266 GEN 1 turbo so anything is possible, but of course others will doubt this.

A jp works kit holds the platform record for 60-130 if that means anything to anyone

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
You really haven't looked too hard have you? Pretty sure multiple dynos on their page over 800, then you have scorp making some serious power..

I honestly haven't looked very hard just seen a few members here post there dyno slips I remember one guy mad like 750 wheel on a sxe364. But then I heard a guy popping the motor on them with a 6875 at like 25 psi. Seems weird to me when I've done 30 psi on a 6875 lots of aggressive dig hits and 60-130 hits . Those short runner build up to much backpressure ? I kinda got scared out of a speech tech when I heard about so many people popping there motors with that kit. Its a solid kit but for some reason I see more single turbo guys pop motors on that kit that any other kit id say.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I honestly haven't looked very hard just seen a few members here post there dyno slips I remember one guy mad like 750 wheel on a sxe364. But then I heard a guy popping the motor on them with a 6875 at like 25 psi. Seems weird to me when I've done 30 psi on a 6875 lots of aggressive dig hits and 60-130 hits . Those short runner build up to much backpressure ? I kinda got scared out of a speech tech when I heard about so many people popping there motors with that kit. Its a solid kit but for some reason I see more single turbo guys pop motors on that kit that any other kit id say.
You cannot directly link popped motors to any particular kit, its just not that simple! performance and longevity is largely dictated by the motors health as well as the function of all the parts in the kit. Unless ridiculously small internal diameters are used, back pressure would not be an issue at such low power levels, remember 10lbs/hr. of air is required to make 100 HP so flowing 70 or 80lbs/hr. to make 7 or 800 is quit doable for the average exhaust manifold design. The largest restriction in any turbocharged system IS always the size of the turbine wheel, if you look at any provided turbine flow map you will see numbers in the 30s and maybe 40s depending on a/r, this is why it is critical to match the turbo properly to obtain good (spool) performance AND overall reliability, personally I go for the largest recommended turbine wheel with the smallest a/r housing.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
A jp works kit holds the platform record for 60-130 if that means anything to anyone

The top mount, which isn't as poorly designed as this.

Whats the i.d. on the runners on the speedtech kit?

I believe they match the exhaust port size, which is what you want. I didn't measure exactly, but it looked proper when I installed. This keeps the exhaust gas velocity up. If your runner expands, you lose velocity.

Any popped motors has nothing to do with the design of the speedtech manifold. It's one of the few on the platform that have been properly engineered.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
spoke to a few tuners and sent detailed pics of the manifold and it’s perfectly fine. The log style manifold becomes a issue when you’re pushing 800+ WHP and that’s never the case for any average Joe on a stock block. Case closed suit case closed. I’ll post up dyno results after June since that’s when I’ll be installing the kit. Maybe I should of purchase the speed tech kit so I can actually show dyno numbers and back it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torgus

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
spoke to a few tuners and sent detailed pics of the manifold and it’s perfectly fine. The log style manifold becomes a issue when you’re pushing 800+ WHP and that’s never the case for any average Joe on a stock block. Case closed suit case closed. I’ll post up dyno results after June since that’s when I’ll be installing the kit. Maybe I should of purchase the speed tech kit so I can actually show dyno numbers and back it up.
Hahhaha nothing better than some back to back comparisons. Definitely get back to us with the numbers!

Reactions: N54TT

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Let's keep this thread in the realm of N54 specific talk otherwise I will have to move this out into the octagon.