JPWorkz Bottom Mount Kit

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
N

Not everyone wants to spend 5-6 k on the cream of the crop kits when most of these cars are worth not much more than 10-15k

I got a full speedtech kit with a precision 6466g2 for like 4700 shipped. *shrug* $700 more than the jpworkz stuff, except from a reputable vendor with all the necessary bits at a much higher quality level.

How is that not worth it?

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Hey 10.4 on the whatever flow max plus ain't bad I hate dynamic auto workz but ill give them that
That is true. I wanted a set for myself. But the thought of spitting a rod out from to much torque is a concern. If anything I remember all of the forums against these turbos back in 2019, saying they won't last or how they won't make power. From personal experience though they've been stout, Daily drove my car at 24psi with zero issues.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
I got a full speedtech kit with a precision 6466g2 for like 4700 shipped. *shrug* $700 more than the jpworkz stuff, except from a reputable vendor with all the necessary bits at a much higher quality level.

Yep mine was 4,300 shipped with an EFR7670. Everything was included, install was smooth, and I haven't touched it in the 2 years since install.

Reactions: GuruAutowerks

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is

I paid $3,000 for the full kit with free pick up and no shipping. That’s $1,700 less than your SpeedTech.... it makes a big difference. How much WHP/TQ you pushing?

I don’t think you understand the concept of people building a car on a slight budget and being happy with a simple reliable single turbo kit....my 335is isn’t worth a lot for me to drop racks on it to join the big name gang. If I were dropping racks I would of just went with the CES kit so there would be absolutely no room for anyone to talk shit over a turbo kit.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
I paid $3,000 for the full kit with free pick up and no shipping. That’s $1,700 less than your SpeedTech.... it makes a big difference. How much WHP/TQ you pushing?

I don’t think you understand the concept of people building a car on a slight budget and being happy with a simple reliable single turbo kit....my 335is isn’t worth a lot for me to drop racks on it to join the big name gang. If I were dropping racks I would of just went with the CES kit so there would be absolutely no room for anyone to talk shit over a turbo kit.

The CES kit has its own issues as well. Still miles better than jpworkz, though. Anyway, you're comparing different turbos as well, I priced the JP kit with the same turbo as was included in my purchase for an apples to apples comparison.

The 6266 gen1 is an $1100 turbo, so now you're really only $600 off from the speedtech kit at that point.

I understand the concept of building a car on a budget, I also understand the concept of not using poorly designed parts from some of the shittiest vendors this platform has known. You asked for feedback, dunno wtf you were expecting.

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
The CES kit has its own issues as well. Still miles better than jpworkz, though. Anyway, you're comparing different turbos as well, I priced the JP kit with the same turbo as was included in my purchase for an apples to apples comparison.

The 6266 gen1 is an $1100 turbo, so now you're really only $600 off from the speedtech kit at that point.

I understand the concept of building a car on a budget, I also understand the concept of not using poorly designed parts from some of the shittiest vendors this platform has known. You asked for feedback, dunno wtf you were expecting.

Yeah, but everyone knows the Speed Tech kit is shitty as well due to the fan boy syndromes 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s why it’s not that popular in the community. Oh yeah and you never told us how much power you actually put out?

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Yeah, but everyone knows the Speed Tech kit is shitty as well due to the fan boy syndromes 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s why it’s not that popular in the community. Oh yeah and you never told us how much power you actually put out?

Not sure what that has to do with anything being discussed? I'm sorry you chose poorly, no need to be all angry guy about it. If I only made 500 horsepower, it wouldn't change any of the points that were made. Good luck with your kit.

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
Not sure what that has to do with anything being discussed? I'm sorry you chose poorly, no need to be all angry guy about it. If I only made 500 horsepower, it wouldn't change any of the points that were made. Good luck with your kit.

500hp with a 6466? Lol RIP Joe Rogan 🙏🏻

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
500hp with a 6466? Lol RIP Joe Rogan 🙏🏻

You need to work on your reading comprehension a bit. The word if at the front of the sentence indicates a hypothetical. You should likely rein in your buyers remorse a bit and stop lashing out so much.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Log type manifolds have been around from the beginning of the sport compact car scene with the turboed Civics and mitsu. Eclpses , they functioned very well (and still do) and support high levels of power allowing cars at the time to run very impressive times! The turbine wheel and housing a/r will become a restriction issue way before the manifold does! lots of big name manufacturers still use the design because it JUST WORKS! install your kit have fun with it and make your decisions based on YOUR real world experiences.

Reactions: N54TT

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Highest i seen on a speedtech kit was like 700 wheel

You really haven't looked too hard have you? Pretty sure multiple dynos on their page over 800, then you have scorp making some serious power..

Reactions: _Calle_

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
You need to work on your reading comprehension a bit. The word if at the front of the sentence indicates a hypothetical. You should likely rein in your buyers remorse a bit and stop lashing out so much.
Zero buyers remorse. My dyno numbers will say otherwise. If I had purchased a set of twins then I would no doubt have buyers remorse. Post up your numbers let’s see what your speed tech did.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
You really haven't looked too hard have you? Pretty sure multiple dynos on their page over 800, then you have scorp making some serious power..
I'm not sure if this is correct but, doesn't Adam LZ run a speed tech kit. And, didn't he make well over 700whp. I might be wrong, simply going off of memory.

If I’m not mistaken he hardly hit over 700whp. It all depends on the fueling support and turbo. JP kit has hit over 700whp with the top mount running a 6266 GEN 1 turbo so anything is possible, but of course others will doubt this.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Zero buyers remorse. My dyno numbers will say otherwise. If I had purchased a set of twins then I would no doubt have buyers remorse. Post up your numbers let’s see what your speed tech did.
As long as your happy with your purchase, that's all that matters. Some people love their ON3 kits, some love china twins, and some swear by doc race. It really comes down to your needs, and your personal preference.