Jmantx E92 Build Thread

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
I don't have a mechanical boost gauge, but I just tried closing the wastegates with a vacuum pump. The front one closes, the back one does not. I'm letting the car cool down, then I'll try switching the vacuum line. If it doesn't fix it I'll swap an actuator.

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
IMG_20220617_174540.jpg

Think this could be it? Now I need to fix the tune, cause boost spikes weird. Those turbos are working just fine.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
So I mentioned my dad's E46 before. We put new shocks, struts, and Eibach lowering springs in it this week. It also has several bent rims. Given that it's an xi, we figured it needs equal tire sizes all the way around to work properly. My E92 came with equal sizes front and rear, so my rims are going on his car, and I'm working on refinishing another set of wheels. My dad had picked them up 3 years ago with the plan to put them on my E46 - but I never bought an E46. I bought a PT Cruiser, made it far faster than stock (still slow), then sold it when I bought my E92. So these rims sat for a while without being restored at all. Now I'm refinishing them to put fresh tires on for my car. Here's the E46 wagon with 211k miles.
IMG_20220617_081819.jpg

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
Haha the drag strip you mean. I was mostly kidding. If your cars auto it’s definitely doable it’ll take about 23psi. I’m at 23 and my best now is a 7.2. But my cars a manual
Yup, it's auto. I also apparently have a transmission tune, but I don't know which one it is. I just get the code for it when I use Protool.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
So I'm trying to deal with a light on my dash. It's an orange brake light where the e-brake light is. Protool tells me it's 5e34, longitudinal acceleration sensor. I replaced the module under the seat, thinking it would fix it. The light won't go off. I've cleared codes, and the light immediately comes back on. Thoughts?

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
I'm dealing with weird timing on cylinder 4. I think I need to pull the spark plug and check the gap. I've had cylinder 4 misfires before as well.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
So I gapped the spark plugs on cylinders 1 and 4, and it made a big difference.
Now for a brief rant.
My local BMW dealer called me last week to ask me if I would bring the car in for recall repair. I agreed. I took it in this morning. They said that they topped off the fluids and adjusted the tire pressure. When I got home, I let the car cool for several hours and started taking it apart to check the spark plug gap. I randomly thought I should check how much fluid they had put in. When I took off the cap, I found a) an overfilled expansion tank, and b) they had broken the level meter. The small post that shows coolant level was snapped off, so it was no longer a long, and also snapped at the float. Tomorrow I need to give them a call.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
So I took my car back to the dealer and told them what they did. The service advisor said that the broken parts were just brittle, and it wasn't their fault that it broke. He also claimed that it couldn't be overfilled. Ugh. I have a new tank coming now. I figured I might as well replace it now before it splits and leaves me stranded. I'm also not liking the heat right now. I saw 159f iats during in traffic. It cools pretty quickly, down to 110ish, but it's still annoying.