Injector help please 08 535i n54

Trentj417

Mar 13, 2022
Hello thank you for responding, im sorry if this has already been covered but, I need somewhat of specific advice. I recently purchased 3 index 12 ebay injectors, to swap into bank 1. Upon arrival I was bummed out to see they all had the same flow rate, so they couldn't be calibrated properly. I believe the injectors I have in bank 1 may be leaking due to fuel smell on cold starts. My question is, should I use my remanufactured injectors that are tested and should definitely not leak fuel but cannot be calibrated accurately, while i save up for genuines? Would it be better to find some newer older revisions instead? Thank you for your time

Solution
6 new spark plugs with antiseize, just to be safe. All plugs torqued down just right, and coded injector. Car started right up, and I took it for a good drive. Drove it around until oil temps got up to 200°. Gas smell inside the cabin is gone and I have my cowl removed so its a lot better right now. On my way home I gave it a little bit of throttle on (dtc turned off) some right hand turns and chirpped the tires a little it was sprinkling so it was easy. All in all I think the car will appreciate the updated injector and it buys me time to save up for Index 12's.

Trentj417

Mar 13, 2022
Well I decided to buy a set of 6 injectors. Three index 5's and three index 9's. Im not too concerned about my second bank since it has index 12's, but I definitely have something going on in my first bank. I plan on pulling the spark plugs and seeing whats leaking and whats not. I plan on using the best looking injector only where i need it, I may possibly send the others in for testing and refurbishment. I really wish I could find some index 12's at a reasonable price but at this point I just want to be able to drive my car without getting fuel in my oil. So when I get these injectors and see what needs replacing Ill get them in, change the oil, and drive around. Looking forward to posting my progress, im optimistic with this car lol.

Trentj417

Mar 13, 2022
Got the car up on jack stands yesterday, changed the oil, pulled the spark plugs and cyl 1 was black and sooty while the others were fine or ashy looking. That injector was an index 2 and I put in the best looking index 9 injector I recived in after cleaning it up and putting new seals/decoupler on. Oreillys didn't have spark plugs in for me so Ill be getting those this am. Ill I need to do now is reconnect the battery and code cyl 1 injector, ill let you guys know what happens.

Reactions: SlowE93

Trentj417

Mar 13, 2022
6 new spark plugs with antiseize, just to be safe. All plugs torqued down just right, and coded injector. Car started right up, and I took it for a good drive. Drove it around until oil temps got up to 200°. Gas smell inside the cabin is gone and I have my cowl removed so its a lot better right now. On my way home I gave it a little bit of throttle on (dtc turned off) some right hand turns and chirpped the tires a little it was sprinkling so it was easy. All in all I think the car will appreciate the updated injector and it buys me time to save up for Index 12's.

Reactions: SlowE93
Solution