Has anyone used the ACT single mass flywheel

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
I know most people use the mfactory but has anyone used the ACT? The ACT weights 24.5 and the mfactory weights 21 lbs. I know it is not a huge difference but looking for the quietest smfw possible. I put a brand new luk DMFW hoping to avoid false misfires but am getting them around 6500.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I know most people use the mfactory but has anyone used the ACT? The ACT weights 24.5 and the mfactory weights 21 lbs. I know it is not a huge difference but looking for the quietest smfw possible. I put a brand new luk DMFW hoping to avoid false misfires but am getting them around 6500.

I know some people have ran them, but its been a while since I read about someone doing it, not sure if there is a reason for that. Are you looking at the street clutch?

lamumba

Nov 9, 2016
Woodridge IL
Do you have single turbo to use 6500 rpm ?

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
I have the mfactory smfw, i used the uuc trans fluid concoction. It's a mix of gear oil and atf iirc. Noise was minimal, once I raised the idle, the rattle noise is basically non existent

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
I have the mfactory smfw, i used the uuc trans fluid concoction. It's a mix of gear oil and atf iirc. Noise was minimal, once I raised the idle, the rattle noise is basically non existent

Hopefully I can find someone local do I can hear it in person. Some say the noise isn't too bad some say it is awful. Honestly I am more concerned with the noise on acceleration. Obviously you will always have noise with a SMFW but I wish someone would make one the same weight as the DMFE.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Hopefully I can find someone local do I can hear it in person. Some say the noise isn't too bad some say it is awful. Honestly I am more concerned with the noise on acceleration. Obviously you will always have noise with a SMFW but I wish someone would make one the same weight as the DMFE.
I have a st with a vrsf 3.5" exhaust which is relatively quiet and don't hear anything on acceleration. I recently saw a thread about a weighted smfw to get rid of unwanted noise but I think it was on bummerboost