Has anyone flashed a 1M DME onto a 135?

rhodesman

Corporal
Mar 21, 2017
Maryland
rhodesman.com
Ride
2010 BMW E88 N54 135i
I've looked into the parts for my car which is a 2010 135 and compared the parts on a 1M and the DME hardware numbers are identical. Since both are N54 engines, I'm wondering if I can just flash the ZB number from the BMW 1M in WinKFP to my 135.

I don't see any problem with doing this but my one question would be; what is the ZB number for a 1M DME!?
confused.gif
I know the 1M has slightly more parameters that it monitors and calibrates for the engine as well as the 1M DME is pushing more power out of the engine. So it would be a nice upgrade that would essentially cost nothing.

Does anyone know and could tell me or point me to where I can find the ZB number for a 1M DME tune?

My car's current DME revision is: IJE0S
and the 1M is something like: INA0S or IKM0S

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
You are making me scratch my head pretty hard. Why? Why would you want to do this? You already have a custom tune, a stock 1m ZB flash would eliminate that and revert you back to a stock 1m setup taking you backwards.

rhodesman

Corporal
Mar 21, 2017
Maryland
rhodesman.com
Ride
2010 BMW E88 N54 135i
You are making me scratch my head pretty hard. Why? Why would you want to do this? You already have a custom tune, a stock 1m ZB flash would eliminate that and revert you back to a stock 1m setup taking you backwards.
Sometimes to move forward you have to take a step back! ;) I'm working on making some further adjustments and test a couple theories on my car and I need the 1M tune to do that. I can always flash my custom tune back in after I reflash my stock ZB back in... or I could just have David write me a new tune for the 1M DME. Either way, I'm just testing some idea's out and working on making my car a true 1M clone via hardware AND software!! ;)

rhodesman

Corporal
Mar 21, 2017
Maryland
rhodesman.com
Ride
2010 BMW E88 N54 135i
This simply just isn't true.

Doing a Diff Compare of the xdf data from both the IJE0S and IKM0S, I'm finding that the IKM0S has quite a few more parameters and values in it than the IJE0S variant.

IJE0S: 436 index count
IKM0S: 451 index count

on top of that, there are a bunch of changes to the modules settings and parameters. So they are definitely controlling the engine in different ways.

Data gathered from comparing the XDF data found here: https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Doing a Diff Compare of the xdf data from both the IJE0S and IKM0S, I'm finding that the IKM0S has quite a few more parameters and values in it than the IJE0S variant.

IJE0S: 436 index count
IKM0S: 451 index count

on top of that, there are a bunch of changes to the modules settings and parameters. So they are definitely controlling the engine in different ways.

Data gathered from comparing the XDF data found here: https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs

Perhaps you didn't know jyamona is the one who created, maintains, updates, basically everything....the XDF's you are referencing........

Reactions: amg6975

rhodesman

Corporal
Mar 21, 2017
Maryland
rhodesman.com
Ride
2010 BMW E88 N54 135i
Perhaps you didn't know jyamona is the one who created, maintains, updates, basically everything....the XDF's you are referencing........

Well regardless of that, can someone still point me to the ZB file for a 1M? That's really what I'm looking for: which ZB file is for a 1M DME.

I'm not trying to say it is or isn't different, in fact what I'm trying to test out has nothing to do with the engine performance anyways. It's 100% related to iDrive hackery. ;)

rhodesman

Corporal
Mar 21, 2017
Maryland
rhodesman.com
Ride
2010 BMW E88 N54 135i
M performance gauges?

(I have no clue what ZB file it would be)
Among other things, yes. Wanted to test the theory that the sport gauges and the M-drive settings can be usable by having the 1M DME loaded into the car. My only question is if I would also need the 1M gauge cluster but I figured it would be cheaper to test that theory with just uploading the 1M DME ZB file vs. buying a 1M gauge cluster.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I'd love to have them too, I saw a post on another board a few months ago on enabling them and I think it was all coding based in NCS Expert. I can't find the original post though.

Levanime

Private
Supporting Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
NorCal
Personally I have not flashed it, but,

Yes, U can flash it, you should have correct transmission
But they have different power classes and most probably you will need FSC.(Same for "is" versions)

But, There are workarounds for this of course.

BimmerGeeks!

Lurker
May 16, 2017
Ride
Bmw
The correct ZB# is 8619150....

As Levanime mentioned, it'll probably flash, but you'll be in limited power mode until you find a way to get an FSC and/or swap the powerclass byte..

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Damn, sorry. I forgot about this thread. I did research the coding only option I mentioned earlier in the thread and it is only on the NBT series iDrive. And even with the NBT performance gauges coded in they aren't the exact same as a 1m.

rhodesman

Corporal
Mar 21, 2017
Maryland
rhodesman.com
Ride
2010 BMW E88 N54 135i
Damn, sorry. I forgot about this thread. I did research the coding only option I mentioned earlier in the thread and it is only on the NBT series iDrive. And even with the NBT performance gauges coded in they aren't the exact same as a 1m.
I have the gauges activated in my CIC iDrive but they don't display any data, just the gauges without anything. I did also enable the M-Sport options in the Kombi/Gauges but they are still blank. That's why I was thinking a more updated n54 DME tune would have those parameters activated and feeding out to the cluster/iDrive. It's a long shot sure, but I figured it was worth testing. I'm not worried about bricking anything thankfully, but the FSC does have me at a standstill for now.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I can do this for you. Where in MD are you located? Also, MHD is required.

Last edited: