Has anyone flashed a 1M DME onto a 135?

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
Not sure, the codes are set the second of IGN on. You can try, but if it doesn't work I wouldn't chalk it up to a failure, since it could be flags set in the DME preventing it from working.
I know busy probably doesn't begin to describe what you have going on but it seems like there's a few of us interested in a hybrid IKM0S/INA0S bin. Perhaps enough to make it worth your while? It would be the cherry on top of this whole M3 retrofit journey. I know I'm in if you find the time as long as it's something that can be done remotely or I can handle with MHD or WinKFP. I understand it's proprietary and it should be, but is it something that can be tuned via TunerPro (or whatever) by a tuner without giving away any of your trade secrets. We'd love a shot at making the Power button and MDM/Mdrive functional through the CIC.

Reactions: dyezak

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I know busy probably doesn't begin to describe what you have going on but it seems like there's a few of us interested in a hybrid IKM0S/INA0S bin. Perhaps enough to make it worth your while? It would be the cherry on top of this whole M3 retrofit journey. I know I'm in if you find the time as long as it's something that can be done remotely or I can handle with MHD or WinKFP. I understand it's proprietary and it should be, but is it something that can be tuned via TunerPro (or whatever) by a tuner without giving away any of your trade secrets. We'd love a shot at making the Power button and MDM/Mdrive functional through the CIC.

I've been chatting with @jyamona offline on this same thing...for the same reasons. I literally have every module required for MDM and MDrive in my 335is now so getting the IKM0S BIN on my DME is the final puzzle piece.

Reactions: LMB335is

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
If IKMOS is the loaded package ie the ROM with the most features there must be a reason why MHD ports other ROMs when flashing back to 0.
I’d like to port over so @jyamona ive sent you a PM hopefully this can be done remotely

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
It doesn't work on my 335is. The ZB is not in the software progression and the DME doesn't know what to make of it when flashed. MHD shows current ZB is the stock rom (IKC0S_IS), but HW shows IKM0S. It won't even start, I assume because it's looking in the wrong places.

I'd like to get it loaded on mine too, tried and failed miserably. It can be done, but needs work that's beyond my ability to make it happen. If anyone somehow gets it working on 335 DCT with Pete's method, please tell us how.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Let me know when you are ready to get those gauges working with IK :)
What would I have to do to get set up to have you flash whatever my car needs to do gauges and any other goodies you can do like controlling m modes on fly would be amazing. I have a full coding environment that I used to reset my frm from light being deactivated cause of short and done alpina before xhp so it is a good install. I am also running an unlocked bin so can dump it without losing my tune which I know wouldnt be an issue for you anyway but this way one less thing to bother you. Honestly if necessary I'll take the 5 hr drive for this. I'll just prob get pulled over on way back few times lol.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
No, I reached out to Jake, but don't want to be a pest. Pete sounded like he simpy flashed it (on a 1) with the var/class checks off and that was it.

I didn't forget don't worry. Just been very swamped.

Reactions: RSL

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Thanks, I was hoping that was the case, but didn't even want to bug you to ask lol I'm patient :)

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
No, I reached out to Jake, but don't want to be a pest. Pete sounded like he simpy flashed it (on a 1) with the var/class checks off and that was it.
His car is a 3 series 07 but he had to virginise his dme as he had an msd80 and upgraded to msd 81.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
His car is a 3 series 07 but he had to virginise his dme as he had an msd80 and upgraded to msd 81.
Thanks, I thought he had a 1 for some reason. I remember he swapped to 81, but didn't the remember virginizing it part. I'll wait for Jake so I don't screw something up lol

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Ive re read the guide again. He doesnt virginise. Essentially he needs to match the ISN To the CAS..... Hmmm.which ZB did you flash ?

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Why would you need a 1M dme anyway ? It's physically identical to other MSD81, only difference is the software from what i understand.
Someone on E90p posted a tutorial to use ikm0s roms.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I think any 135 can flash to IKM0S without much trouble. The only reason that method worked on his 3 seems to be because the MSD81 he used originally came out of a 135, a basic fact I didn't see explicitly stated anywhere, but might've missed.

It doesn't work his way on a DME originally from a non-1 series. It's not just software, there are things stored in non-volatile areas that don't change. Without some work, seems DME will always see what it came from/thinks it's in and recognize roms accordingly.

Easiest solution (i.e. without Jake's help) on non-1 series seems to be exactly what he did, drop in 135/1M DME, rekey and, if needed, flash IKM0S/disable checks.

bitcore

Sep 21, 2020
Hi Aus335iguy,
How is this possible in MHD out of the box? Is their most up to date N54 tune effectively the same, or?
Thanks.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Hi Aus335iguy,
How is this possible in MHD out of the box? Is their most up to date N54 tune effectively the same, or?
Thanks.
Have a look here ;)