Spool Street only Update
Car has been down since Monday afternoon due to a main fuel feed line leak that I was unable to safely fix nor wanted to risk messing with. I am not going to name the company who made the fuel feed line as I am not here to throw people under the bus. What I will say though is, NEVER buy any pushlock style fuel lines. Had I known what I know now ~2 years ago when I installed it I never would have bought it... but hindsight is always 20/20. The pushlock style connections keep swelling and allowing fuel to seep past the fitting. I ordered PTFE E85 rated braided hose and fittings to fabricate my own fuel line; at the same time I am adding a 6 Micron 3" inline fuel filter and removing the tiny HPFP filter.
While the car is down I am taking the time to wrap up a plethora of small things with the car that were not a priority until it was road worthy. For those that like details these small things include the following, many are already completed.
Fixing ABS/DSC Code
Fixing Airbag/Seat Code (caused by interior shop)
Replacing Gear Shift Indicator - Waiting for part
Replacing wore out Shifter Knob - Waiting for part
New Fuel Feed Line and 6 Micron Filter - Waiting for supplies
Center Console Wiring Cleanup and Bass Knob Rewiring (Caused by interior shop)
Cigarette Lighter No Power (Caused by interior shop)
Sticky/Broken Sunroof Switches (Caused by interior shop)
Installing new 6k HID Bulbs and Realigning Headlights
Modifying Wheel Liners for better cooler air flow
General Inspection of Suspension/Bolts/Hardware
Coding out E-Diff for Racing Diff LSD Conversion
Coding out Active Headlights
Coding out TPMS
M3 LCI Conversion - Fenders, Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Saibon M3 Carbon Hood, Rear Deck/Lights, Possibly New Headlights w/projector/halo setup etc
Port Injection Intake Manifold Setup & add 535 LPFP to go with the current 450 LPFP, retune by Wedge
Custom Trans Tune by Rod Sutphin - Currently being worked on
New Wheel and Tire Setup.... some sticky ickies
Upgraded DS and Axles... currently on stock 140k mile components
Upgraded Valve Body, Torque Converter and likely a built transmission
No doubt I am forgetting a few things! A lot of the issues were caused when the car went in for a full custom leather interior just prior to the 6HP21 transmission failure that prompted the development of this adapter. The interior is beautiful, converted from worn out tan interior to red leather w/diamond stitching, black and carbon fiber accents. Needless to say the people who did the work werent as careful with a lot of the small things as they should have been. For the price though it wasnt worth hassling them and I was confident they wouldnt fix it like I wanted it done.
At the same time all of this is going on tuning solutions for 135i, 535i and E-Shift valve body solutions are being worked on. Even a small amount of R&D for AWD xi adapters is also happening; no huge information on that yet but know its high on my priority list once we iron out RWD platforms. Performance torque converter options are being made as we speak and will end up being installed with some of our early tester kits. A proper update with professional pictures/video for our street/dyno/track testing is also in the works for this month.
As you can see there is a lot going on! I would love to be able to ship some early test kits in March/April and have our first production group buy in April/May. Realistically some of that may be pushed back but we are progressing quickly. We hope everyone is having a great start to 2021... we are busier then ever and pushing hard on making this a reality.
As always thank you everyone for your continued support, dont hesitate to contact us!