Fresh DCT Swap, not making boost - Just looking for input!

Calamari_

Private
Jan 29, 2023
Just "finished" my DCT swap on my 01/07 335i and im running into a weird issue, im currently experiencing a low/no boost issue, when I say low I mean, 0.0 and a spike to .1 on a shift, functionality of the car after the swap has been good so far, no issues shifting gears, parking, nothing. I didnt have to mess with virtually anything up front related to boost, the thing that makes me believe this is a software issue is because one, it constantly thinks my door is open (Ill confirm this later today) but A few of the times I've glanced down at my cluster it flashes my driver door is open, I also get a park malfunction warning on my I - Drive even though park works, no weird noises, anything, Just a click from the mechanism going down and that's it.

These are the current and only codes I am getting, drove the car around 70 miles as my initial test after finishing it last night.
Mainly just curious on what people think, any/all input welcome!

Attachments

• DCT Codes.png
    DCT Codes.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: DirtKurt

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
I just had the same issue with it thinking the drivers door open when it wasn't and it engaging park. Did you find out what was causing it?

Tomba

Apr 26, 2023
Which controller for the gearbox did you use? Or can you directly swap it?

Calamari_

Private
Jan 29, 2023
Did you find what was causing it to think the door was open? Mine was doing the same thing
I dont think I found a direct cause for it, but it will show the door being open in yellow if your seatbelt is off, Since we are swapped and your most likely an earlier model 335i, it probably how the system interprets the seat belt being off and throws a door open signal to put it in park

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
I dont think I found a direct cause for it, but it will show the door being open in yellow if your seatbelt is off, Since we are swapped and your most likely an earlier model 335i, it probably how the system interprets the seat belt being off and throws a door open signal to put it in park
Yep, that's what I have exactly. Was going crazy at first trying to figure out why it was throwing itself in park as soon as I would let off the brake.

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
Are you still actively dealing with this issue?
Yes, haven't looked into it further than figuring out it was from the seatbelt not being on. Bimecu.com did my conversion coding so I was going to reach out to him to see if he had any thoughts. Have you made any progress?

Calamari_

Private
Jan 29, 2023
Yes, haven't looked into it further than figuring out it was from the seatbelt not being on. Bimecu.com did my conversion coding so I was going to reach out to him to see if he had any thoughts. Have you made any progress?
Your able to drive it now im assuming? Unfortunately thats how the stock operating system works, simply on our cars since we have older modules, the car isnt technically able to throw itself into park from the seatbelt being off, but it can from the door being open so it triggers that instead of the seatbelt. I know sometimes when I trigger the auto park ill see a glimpse of the seatbelt no on sign before it changes to the door ajar. I did a CIC retrofit on mine from the IS, cant remember if its the CCC or CIC, the LCI one, and when I leave my seat belt off it actually shows on the I drive that my seatbelt is off while my cluster says door ajar, its strange but it works. I know one thats been a constant issue for me is the car throwing a red transmission malfunction saying the park unit isnt engaged and that my car can roll backwards and forwards (Almost like im in neutral), It could be relating to me simply not having a sport button, but the car drives fine regardless i personally just havent cared enough to figure it out, i wanna say its because when im coming to a stop the clutch packs disengage hence being in neutral, just not sure why it wants to throw a transmission fault on the I drive for that matter

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
Your able to drive it now im assuming? Unfortunately thats how the stock operating system works, simply on our cars since we have older modules, the car isnt technically able to throw itself into park from the seatbelt being off, but it can from the door being open so it triggers that instead of the seatbelt. I know sometimes when I trigger the auto park ill see a glimpse of the seatbelt no on sign before it changes to the door ajar. I did a CIC retrofit on mine from the IS, cant remember if its the CCC or CIC, the LCI one, and when I leave my seat belt off it actually shows on the I drive that my seatbelt is off while my cluster says door ajar, its strange but it works. I know one thats been a constant issue for me is the car throwing a red transmission malfunction saying the park unit isnt engaged and that my car can roll backwards and forwards (Almost like im in neutral), It could be relating to me simply not having a sport button, but the car drives fine regardless i personally just havent cared enough to figure it out, i wanna say its because when im coming to a stop the clutch packs disengage hence being in neutral, just not sure why it wants to throw a transmission fault on the I drive for that matter
Actually haven't driven the car yet, this has all been testing on the lift. Finishing the rear brakes this weekend and then hopefully the first road test. I definitely have the identical issue with the seatbelt / door open warning on dash. Not sure about the roll away warning. Ill keep you updated with what I find