DCT swap codes

enfiftyfour

May 24, 2023
hello all, i recently finished a DCT swap on my 09 e90. its been about 500 miles and everything is great, although ive been throwing some codes i never got around to solving listed below
i never rewired my paddles which explains the voltage code but everything else has me stumped
any ideas? TIA

Attachments

• IMG_3952.jpeg
    IMG_3952.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 15

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
hello all, i recently finished a DCT swap on my 09 e90. its been about 500 miles and everything is great, although ive been throwing some codes i never got around to solving listed below
i never rewired my paddles which explains the voltage code but everything else has me stumped
any ideas? TIA

Three of those codes can be caused by the internal rpm sensor going bad. You have to drop the transmission and removed the clutches to access it.

I am not 100% sure that is the answer though. Might be something coding related. Auto to DCT or manual to DCT? With these transmission codes it shifts fine, right? but, cant use paddles and cant use launch control?

Reactions: enfiftyfour

enfiftyfour

May 24, 2023
Three of those codes can be caused by the internal rpm sensor going bad. You have to drop the transmission and removed the clutches to access it.

I am not 100% sure that is the answer though. Might be something coding related. Auto to DCT or manual to DCT? With these transmission codes it shifts fine, right? but, cant use paddles and cant use launch control?
it was auto to dct. shifts great no hiccups, i havent been able to use paddles because i never made any changes to the harnesses. launch control works.