langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
89QDRLMC2OrQ8gaMlEO-XcExuGgV1kYYgutWiagWuKsIkO12gf.png
:disappointed:

ZW3KAqoJFyZmrtyDpnS4ta3V7_b7imyYog_rusjOMaE15WYuR_.png

EDIT: Since linking to other forums is OK, I wanted to give due credit to the 2 guys that gave me the encouragement to do this.

Adam from Reboot Engineering did it to his E90 M3 2 years ago! https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1559034

MPROVED (Jayden) from West Auckland had a great thread that was extremely helpful as well: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/60853-f80-m3-seats-into-e92-m3/

I also got helpful info from Stone Automotive's Youtube video on it:

I posted mine to try to be a bit more encompassing of all of them, with the specifics on the rewiring, and also to show that it works in a Non-M vehicle as well.

Since my car is pretty done as far as power mods go (no plans for single turbo, or supplemental fueling) , I figured I’d give the interior some love. I had considered Braum seats, but their just Chinese seats like any other non/off-branded stuff, they just have good marketing. Recaros are out of the question due to price, especially trying to keep power seats, side airbags, etc.

So I started hunting for some F80 M3 seats. I had seen a Youtube video where a guy put them in his E92 M3, and Adam from RebootEng put a set in his E90 M3. I just wanted a pair of black front seats, nothing spectacular.

I found out that they offer a cloth insert called “Carbon structure.” It’s typically only ordered by those that plan to track the car as the cloth is "grippier" and holds you in the seat better.
fXdtZcjVtx0vVQSK6j9GB6WgfIS1QYRyI-cKBicAbaBT2WWktB.png

I found one at a junk yard for only $450! Unfortunately I only found ONE, and only the passenger side :disappointed:. I abandoned that idea due to the rarity of the cloth and unlikeliness of people to sell single seats, or just a drivers side and rear.

I kept an eye on F80 M3 seats for a while (on CL, FB, and Car-part) and saw a junkyard that had what looked to be a competition model (ZCP) driver’s seat for a crazy good price. Unfortunately it was Sakhir Orange, and they didn’t have the passenger seat listed.

I took a chance and called them up - they had the passenger seat, but it had a blown airbag and bent frame. After some initial issues and a misunderstanding, Sam from Benzeen Auto (definitely check them out if you need any BMW parts) took fantastic care of me and got me both front seats, the seat belts, and the rear seats, except for the bottom cushion which was missing. I figured I could just use a regular F30 rear seat that was red, or dye a different color one - they are cheap.

Driver’s seat
sV-TlqBUF4Wlfln2IYJ52WV_7vZk4v6y0gNz1YN7bKByEBhIzA.png

I ordered a driver’s side E90 LCI seat module as neither an F80/30 or Pre-LCI E90 module will work.
pJMhwzAzGmEPN9AzkuNFbSTFBWTdtg2QwZ6wKujzg0VN6kCusa.png

I also ordered a passenger airbag from an F30 (F80 and F30 are the same) The passenger seat frame was bent, so I ordered a base frame from an F30 (again, same as the F80.) I discovered that the F80 base has an aluminum seat, while the F30 is steel, so I swapped them. (Yay for weight savings)

F80 Aluminum seat on frame
MxaY8M-B7C2UxpDKGq1rOhqVXGw-ALOjAXeOGB-Gl9HdGRcRx5.png

F30 frame with steel seat plate.
z4_ktozjSk9NaG3hoRB4fyD8cs1ChSPnvlODiJ5-ofvbhrMpDL.png

Seat belts

The absolute WORST part of the swap is the seat belts. The belt has a different mount to the seat and thus you have to use the F80 seat belts, but you need to move it to the E90 retractor.

Once removed from the car, you need to pull the belt all the way out of the retractor, and then pull the end forward to get a metal pin out, so it can be removed. This is fun because you need to keep the retractor from recoiling, especially when installing the F80 belt. If it freespins, it will ruin the retractor and you’ll need a new one.

E90 retractor

YogmHE19lkK0MrgysPQQ_Ao1HvzMBO6iaddMe6NoOIAVIRM1AG.png

Making sure the belt is aligned right. You don’t want to have to re-do this if you put in upside down! (Note: I only used these belts because Benzeen threw them in - I was trying to avoid M specific stuff since people have such a conniption about it, but then I figured I have an M3 rep bumper, so who cares.)
Uar3eQVdluri02lx2A5UQh1zyI_GuEI9UvLbz9hF2VofQFELqA.png

The belt needs to come forward, so the pin can be removed and then it can be pulled back through the retractor.

rxWv18Ji6F2UkCv8pojS60fHK9JGqwstKJVPxQACR1usszPqLl.png

I had read that I needed to use the E9x passenger seat module, but my seat didn’t even have a control module. Not sure if it’s because I didn’t have fancy heated seats or something, but there was no module. I left the module that was on the F80 seat with no issue.

Passenger seat repair

Airbag seam
KtKP2ZAtGbs51vayCtZaVAu73X7ZAUYxjVrvVQu8q2ZVtMjptI.png

I had a local upholstery shop stitch up the leather. He did a great job and was dirt cheap. He does a lot of donks and custom interiors in general. https://stitchbyslick.com/gallery

Repaired
1600822904696.png

Repinning the seats

To connect the seats, you must swap the yellow housing and connectors from the E90 seat to the F80 seat.

There are 3 connectors:
  1. Black 13 pin connector that has seat controls and power
  2. Gray airbag connector
  3. Seatbelt pre-tensioner

The seat belt pre-tensioner is the easiest one. No repinning! - just swap the seat belt buckle from the E90 seat to the F80 seat :D

d0RFc_VCZpRD9Ln0dkgkpfytfGAl-osWamNJhVowfUYYZGqlNP.png

G-9zJ4lHLMJxDMwYdoW_LRkvSwhpQl_38Uh2epaWzlzPGecaCk.png

The airbag connector is easy to do. Simply remove the blue connector off of the F80 seat and put the pins into the gray E90 connectort.

F80 Airbag connector
nhPZXfRoKDSF40VrA6Iyogd0tYg08HLL5bfmR-xTVhQLqkLioa.png

E90 airbag connector
-dn0G6TsLkKLX-cfdWoR6cHpoRa2Ge1xq07aeSxFJGeR04Fo0t.png

Pay attention to the colors as they are swapped.

The E90 black housing connector has 13 pins, but only 6 are populated (on my harness at least.)
q_bL1hp5bvZsv0dJGvsMrceCyOTPDYegW-Rwhnkp_j7qVdjDVp.png

Driver’s side Pinouts

2 - Green/Orange - CAN H - data line
3 - Green - CAN L - data line
4 - Red (large pin) - steady Plus (seat module/seat heater) (I think steady plus means constant positive)
7 - Red/black - steady plus / lumbar/side bolsters
8 - Brown (large pin) - ground - seat module/seat heating
13 - Brown (large pin) - ground - lumbar/side bolsters

E90 black connector
N8uJ-7nSG08ijXeozWeYx8Vjg6D0NaLJ7v6_ouFUwF42Y239WA.png

The F80/F30 I couldn’t find a wiring diagram online, but a guy in New Zealand had a thread on this topic, and he had the wires listed in his thread.

Red - power - lumbar/bolsters
Purple - seat light (the M that lights up)
Twisted pair - CANBUS
red/brown - positive
Brown - ground

F80 yellow connector
A8-B5X4O4AQLxhzaDvB24dxppp717KiM9WYua-l5jeJ6xZ5Wii.png

Passenger seat repinning

For the passenger side, it had different wires. The connector looks the same though:

4 - red brown (large pin) - steady
6 - white/yellow - not used - goes nowhere (I can’t figure out why the FSM says this, but I thought it was funny)
7 - red/black - steady plus
10 - purple/blue - occupancy sensor
11 - white/red - occupancy sensor
12 - brown/black - ground
13 - brown (large pin) ground lumbar/side bolsters

The F80 seat had only 5 pins, and they seemed pretty straightforward except for pin 8.

25 - red/blue (large pin)
26 - brown (large pin)
15 - red/blue (large pin)
16 - brown (large pin)
8 - seat light? (Need to give that power to see if the light illuminates)

I simply used one of the brown wires and one of the red/blue wires. I’ll probably tap both together as I presume one set of power is for the seat module and heater and the oher is for the side bolster/lumbar. My suspicions were confirmed as the lumbar on the seat is not working currently.

The occupancy sensor on the F80 seat is a different connector. I am tempted to re-pin it into the E90 harness to see if it works. Others have just coded out the occupancy sensor. I haven’t made a determination on that yet.

Rear seats

For the rears, I did not have fold down rear seats and the F80 seats are split, so this was a nice upgrade.

I removed the stock latches that holds the E90 seat back
g1Da4rhdm_WZHf3pYK4JvXP7iLcmPuLKo62_d_y7n2Gl2icPFk.png

And replaced with the latches that have a release

68ZkcSjybCNlYhCvEwTvnAw49CCb-NvApU7Hvs_ZTiOUnapQfI.png

The mount points using the OEM brackets are too wide for the E90 chassis. Adam from Reboot Engineering has made a relocation kit that removes the brackets and uses an extruded sleeve to make it fit properly. He said they are going out for anodizing and then I should get mine. I currently have my seats just sitting in place with them latched at the top. No one ever sits in the back of my car and I only drive it 5,000 miles a year anyways so it won’t hurt anything as it is.

Relocation kit
1600823093512.png

To dos:

1. Wire up lumbar power on pass. seat
  2. Wire up the Seat lights (I have an extra set of lights that I plan to customize so they don’t say M)
  3. I’m a bit torn on the passenger seat right now. I can tell the upper frame is still bent a bit. I may just order the upper frame - its only $150 brand new, but it’s a debate of $150 for a seat that rarely gets used, and even sitting in it, you don’t feel it, just can see it. Anywho, we’ll see. Maybe FCP or ECS or Turner will have a coupon code I can use sometime :D (My wife said she couldn’t tell it was bent and she is very particular about that kind of stuff, so I’ll probably leave it.)
Extras

There are a number of companies that offer carbon fiber shells for the back of the front seats. They vary in price from $400 - $3,000 depending on if you get chinese no-name or some custom US company that is marking them up :p

I had some spare carbon fiber vinyl wrap lying around and figured I’d see how it looks, so I wrapped the driver’s seat back.

93V7WYwK-7JQzzSnLKznzvq9lRVANUkrbn-T77zXTsTaJyY3JZ.png

Stock rear
7B8kukGALWufJTgmXDm2gTEjH-BlkrJwS174UPu0nWGq3CvHPn.png

I like how it looks so I’ll probably take the seat out and re-do it. The 5D wrap is very thick and hard to manipulate, so I had some bad corner I want to re-do. This wrap also prefers to be tucked as the adhesive isn’t the greatest, so I have to figure out a solution for that, since there’s nothing to wrap around.

Note: At the beginning I mentioned that I didn’t get the rear seat. I happened across a local junkyard that had a full rear set of F80 seats in Sakhir Orange! They wouldn’t sell me just the bottom cushion, but they did give me a price on the full set that would have been what I would have paid for an F30 + dye. My rear seats were in better shape, so I used my rear seatbacks and bolsters and just used the bottom cushion. I’ll put the other seat backs and bolsters on ebay individually, they are still Merino leather after all and should recop a little.

Last edited:

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Wow great upgrade ! Wouldn’t have thought the f series rear would fit... do you know if the same applies to e92s ?

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Wow great upgrade ! Wouldn’t have thought the f series rear would fit... do you know if the same applies to e92s ?

The fronts definitely do, but you'd want from an M4 to have the ability to move the backrest forwrad. I'm not sure about the rear seats, but I'd suspect they'd be similar. There are some areas when the seats are folded down that it doesn't look fully trimmed out, but that's minor im m opinion.

Reactions: aus335iguy

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I love posts like this. @langsbr fantastic upgrade, well explained and documented. I hope others appreciate the effort you put into providing this info! Superb and looks great!

Filippo

Reactions: aus335iguy

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
WHaaaaaaaaaat this is crazy! That looks so damn good! I've lusted over these seats for a while, shocked you can do this! Thank you for sharing this.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Thanks everyone. I wish I could take credit for everything but I used other people's info and just tried to make the wiring easier to follow, as well as try to take away some fear around removing and reinstalling seat leather.

I don't know what @doublespaces policy is for links to other forums, but I'll happily add their links of that is ok. None are on bummer boost if that matters.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
We are not draconian here. Please feel free to link to any useful information!

Filippo

brown_bison

Oct 13, 2022
View attachment 44297:disappointed:

View attachment 44298

EDIT: Since linking to other forums is OK, I wanted to give due credit to the 2 guys that gave me the encouragement to do this.

Adam from Reboot Engineering did it to his E90 M3 2 years ago! https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1559034

MPROVED (Jayden) from West Auckland had a great thread that was extremely helpful as well: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/60853-f80-m3-seats-into-e92-m3/

I also got helpful info from Stone Automotive's Youtube video on it:

I posted mine to try to be a bit more encompassing of all of them, with the specifics on the rewiring, and also to show that it works in a Non-M vehicle as well.

Since my car is pretty done as far as power mods go (no plans for single turbo, or supplemental fueling) , I figured I’d give the interior some love. I had considered Braum seats, but their just Chinese seats like any other non/off-branded stuff, they just have good marketing. Recaros are out of the question due to price, especially trying to keep power seats, side airbags, etc.

So I started hunting for some F80 M3 seats. I had seen a Youtube video where a guy put them in his E92 M3, and Adam from RebootEng put a set in his E90 M3. I just wanted a pair of black front seats, nothing spectacular.

I found out that they offer a cloth insert called “Carbon structure.” It’s typically only ordered by those that plan to track the car as the cloth is "grippier" and holds you in the seat better.
View attachment 44299

I found one at a junk yard for only $450! Unfortunately I only found ONE, and only the passenger side :disappointed:. I abandoned that idea due to the rarity of the cloth and unlikeliness of people to sell single seats, or just a drivers side and rear.

I kept an eye on F80 M3 seats for a while (on CL, FB, and Car-part) and saw a junkyard that had what looked to be a competition model (ZCP) driver’s seat for a crazy good price. Unfortunately it was Sakhir Orange, and they didn’t have the passenger seat listed.

I took a chance and called them up - they had the passenger seat, but it had a blown airbag and bent frame. After some initial issues and a misunderstanding, Sam from Benzeen Auto (definitely check them out if you need any BMW parts) took fantastic care of me and got me both front seats, the seat belts, and the rear seats, except for the bottom cushion which was missing. I figured I could just use a regular F30 rear seat that was red, or dye a different color one - they are cheap.

Driver’s seat
View attachment 44300

I ordered a driver’s side E90 LCI seat module as neither an F80/30 or Pre-LCI E90 module will work.
View attachment 44301

I also ordered a passenger airbag from an F30 (F80 and F30 are the same) The passenger seat frame was bent, so I ordered a base frame from an F30 (again, same as the F80.) I discovered that the F80 base has an aluminum seat, while the F30 is steel, so I swapped them. (Yay for weight savings)

F80 Aluminum seat on frame
View attachment 44302

F30 frame with steel seat plate.
View attachment 44303

Seat belts

The absolute WORST part of the swap is the seat belts. The belt has a different mount to the seat and thus you have to use the F80 seat belts, but you need to move it to the E90 retractor.

Once removed from the car, you need to pull the belt all the way out of the retractor, and then pull the end forward to get a metal pin out, so it can be removed. This is fun because you need to keep the retractor from recoiling, especially when installing the F80 belt. If it freespins, it will ruin the retractor and you’ll need a new one.

E90 retractor

View attachment 44304

Making sure the belt is aligned right. You don’t want to have to re-do this if you put in upside down! (Note: I only used these belts because Benzeen threw them in - I was trying to avoid M specific stuff since people have such a conniption about it, but then I figured I have an M3 rep bumper, so who cares.)
View attachment 44305

The belt needs to come forward, so the pin can be removed and then it can be pulled back through the retractor.

View attachment 44306

I had read that I needed to use the E9x passenger seat module, but my seat didn’t even have a control module. Not sure if it’s because I didn’t have fancy heated seats or something, but there was no module. I left the module that was on the F80 seat with no issue.

Passenger seat repair

Airbag seam
View attachment 44307
I had a local upholstery shop stitch up the leather. He did a great job and was dirt cheap. He does a lot of donks and custom interiors in general. https://stitchbyslick.com/gallery

Repaired
View attachment 44295

Repinning the seats

To connect the seats, you must swap the yellow housing and connectors from the E90 seat to the F80 seat.

There are 3 connectors:
  1. Black 13 pin connector that has seat controls and power
  2. Gray airbag connector
  3. Seatbelt pre-tensioner

The seat belt pre-tensioner is the easiest one. No repinning! - just swap the seat belt buckle from the E90 seat to the F80 seat :D

View attachment 44308

View attachment 44309

The airbag connector is easy to do. Simply remove the blue connector off of the F80 seat and put the pins into the gray E90 connectort.

F80 Airbag connector
View attachment 44310

E90 airbag connector
View attachment 44311

Pay attention to the colors as they are swapped.

The E90 black housing connector has 13 pins, but only 6 are populated (on my harness at least.)
View attachment 44312

Driver’s side Pinouts

2 - Green/Orange - CAN H - data line
3 - Green - CAN L - data line
4 - Red (large pin) - steady Plus (seat module/seat heater) (I think steady plus means constant positive)
7 - Red/black - steady plus / lumbar/side bolsters
8 - Brown (large pin) - ground - seat module/seat heating
13 - Brown (large pin) - ground - lumbar/side bolsters

E90 black connector
View attachment 44313

The F80/F30 I couldn’t find a wiring diagram online, but a guy in New Zealand had a thread on this topic, and he had the wires listed in his thread.

Red - power - lumbar/bolsters
Purple - seat light (the M that lights up)
Twisted pair - CANBUS
red/brown - positive
Brown - ground

F80 yellow connector
View attachment 44314

Passenger seat repinning

For the passenger side, it had different wires. The connector looks the same though:

4 - red brown (large pin) - steady
6 - white/yellow - not used - goes nowhere (I can’t figure out why the FSM says this, but I thought it was funny)
7 - red/black - steady plus
10 - purple/blue - occupancy sensor
11 - white/red - occupancy sensor
12 - brown/black - ground
13 - brown (large pin) ground lumbar/side bolsters

The F80 seat had only 5 pins, and they seemed pretty straightforward except for pin 8.

25 - red/blue (large pin)
26 - brown (large pin)
15 - red/blue (large pin)
16 - brown (large pin)
8 - seat light? (Need to give that power to see if the light illuminates)

I simply used one of the brown wires and one of the red/blue wires. I’ll probably tap both together as I presume one set of power is for the seat module and heater and the oher is for the side bolster/lumbar. My suspicions were confirmed as the lumbar on the seat is not working currently.

The occupancy sensor on the F80 seat is a different connector. I am tempted to re-pin it into the E90 harness to see if it works. Others have just coded out the occupancy sensor. I haven’t made a determination on that yet.

Rear seats

For the rears, I did not have fold down rear seats and the F80 seats are split, so this was a nice upgrade.

I removed the stock latches that holds the E90 seat back
View attachment 44315

And replaced with the latches that have a release

View attachment 44316

The mount points using the OEM brackets are too wide for the E90 chassis. Adam from Reboot Engineering has made a relocation kit that removes the brackets and uses an extruded sleeve to make it fit properly. He said they are going out for anodizing and then I should get mine. I currently have my seats just sitting in place with them latched at the top. No one ever sits in the back of my car and I only drive it 5,000 miles a year anyways so it won’t hurt anything as it is.

Relocation kit
View attachment 44296

To dos:

1. Wire up lumbar power on pass. seat
  2. Wire up the Seat lights (I have an extra set of lights that I plan to customize so they don’t say M)
  3. I’m a bit torn on the passenger seat right now. I can tell the upper frame is still bent a bit. I may just order the upper frame - its only $150 brand new, but it’s a debate of $150 for a seat that rarely gets used, and even sitting in it, you don’t feel it, just can see it. Anywho, we’ll see. Maybe FCP or ECS or Turner will have a coupon code I can use sometime :D (My wife said she couldn’t tell it was bent and she is very particular about that kind of stuff, so I’ll probably leave it.)
Extras

There are a number of companies that offer carbon fiber shells for the back of the front seats. They vary in price from $400 - $3,000 depending on if you get chinese no-name or some custom US company that is marking them up :p

I had some spare carbon fiber vinyl wrap lying around and figured I’d see how it looks, so I wrapped the driver’s seat back.

View attachment 44317

Stock rear
View attachment 44318

I like how it looks so I’ll probably take the seat out and re-do it. The 5D wrap is very thick and hard to manipulate, so I had some bad corner I want to re-do. This wrap also prefers to be tucked as the adhesive isn’t the greatest, so I have to figure out a solution for that, since there’s nothing to wrap around.

Note: At the beginning I mentioned that I didn’t get the rear seat. I happened across a local junkyard that had a full rear set of F80 seats in Sakhir Orange! They wouldn’t sell me just the bottom cushion, but they did give me a price on the full set that would have been what I would have paid for an F30 + dye. My rear seats were in better shape, so I used my rear seatbacks and bolsters and just used the bottom cushion. I’ll put the other seat backs and bolsters on ebay individually, they are still Merino leather after all and should recop a little.
Love this modification and recently did the same on my E90!! I ran into the same troubles with the passenger seat wiring. Were you able to figure out how to pin the Passenger seat properly so lumbar, Bolster and heat are all functional? If so could you please post a pic of how you pinned the harness??? So far with how I have it pinned the power direction works, the heated seat light does work but the heat doesn't function nor the bolster/lumbar. Also, the pins for the red/blue and brown are a different size pin which doesn't fit flush into any of the e90 harness slots so I am wondering how you addressed that?

Attachments

• IMG_3289.jpg
    IMG_3289.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 141
  • E90 Passenger seat harness with F80 wires pinned.jpg
    E90 Passenger seat harness with F80 wires pinned.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 163

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I think your car may have been better optioned than mine. I didn't have OEM heated seats, and I don't recall the pins that didn't match. You've given me some inspiration to make the lumbar work on the passenger seat. I also need to spend more time on my inserts - my 3d printer was giving me a fit. Once I fix that, I can print some new ones and wire up the lights.

brown_bison

Oct 13, 2022
I think your car may have been better optioned than mine. I didn't have OEM heated seats, and I don't recall the pins that didn't match. You've given me some inspiration to make the lumbar work on the passenger seat. I also need to spend more time on my inserts - my 3d printer was giving me a fit. Once I fix that, I can print some new ones and wire up the lights.
Oh yeah that would make sense. I am starting to think maybe I should just wire up the red/blue directly to positive power via the battery and the brown to a ground somewhere...

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I see you did the rears as well. Did you use the reboot engineering kit?

gamesfrager

Jun 5, 2023
Good day.
Sorry, first post and a first question. But I'm about to tackle the same thing. The information provided here is a gold pot at the end of the rainbow!

Any progress on getting heat function and bolster/lumbar working.

I'm going to install F30 seats into my E90 LCI and I do have heated seats but no bolsters on my E90 base seats.
Just trying to gather as much info as possible before I actually start taking things apart.

Appreciate all the work and insight from everyone.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Hate to say I have been too lazy to address the lumbar (passenger side only, driver's side works fine). I haven't messed with heat function as my car was not pre-wired for heated seats, but I'd expect that to be very easy if you do have heated seats already.

Reactions: gamesfrager

gamesfrager

Jun 5, 2023
Hate to say I have been too lazy to address the lumbar (passenger side only, driver's side works fine). I haven't messed with heat function as my car was not pre-wired for heated seats, but I'd expect that to be very easy if you do have heated seats already.
Thank you for the reply. I'm hoping I can match somehow the location of the pins from the F seats to my E seats. Both seats are heated of course.

I'm just afraid of things blowing up if the wrong pin got installed in the wrong location :)
I'll post any progress / info I have once I start on it.
Again, appreciate all the help and the wealth of info.

gamesfrager

Jun 5, 2023
I do have another thread that I have posted on and following if there will be any updates on it

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1522749

From there, it's mentioned that the bolsters are working even though the original didn't have it. Maybe this could shed some light.

It is mentioned that all seat modules were moved from the E seats to the F seats, which is what I'm going to do as well.