N54 Exhaust Burble XDF Tables

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Thanks to @carabuser! Some of my torque reporting tables were setup by the well known spreadsheet but actually seem to have had impressive influence on my DCT behaviour either.

Not only is the burble where i expected it but also the dct now acts completely different. It was great before already but now... different level.
Congrats man that's a win. What ROM are you using. InA0S or IKM0S?

And what torque settings did you apply. The same what's in the N54 Tuning spreadsheet. Or did you adjust slightly?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I am running INA0S.

No. As i said i did use the spreadsheet values before and now we simply put them back to stock values. I don´t know if this is a change recommended for all transmissions or why the tables were changed in the spreadsheet. I just used them without actually asking.

In my Map (this is not a recommendation but only meant as information) i am on stock values with all torque related tables expect the three pedal related tables.

Reactions: General.Massacre

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
I am running INA0S.

No. As i said i did use the spreadsheet values before and now we simply put them back to stock values. I don´t know if this is a change recommended for all transmissions or why the tables were changed in the spreadsheet. I just used them without actually asking.

In my Map (this is not a recommendation but only meant as information) i am on stock values with all torque related tables expect the three pedal related tables.
Nicely done man. Very good result.

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
I am running INA0S.

You're referring to Torque Limit Offset, Torque Monitor Max Difference, etc?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I can´t stop laughing to hard. I was about to figure out if the burble maps actually work. In my car they felt like.. yeah.. there is something and it actually feels good.

until... tunnel.. (in reality it is so much louder)

OMFG

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I can´t stop laughing to hard. I was about to figure out if the burble maps actually work. In my car they felt like.. yeah.. there is something and it actually feels good.

until... tunnel.. (in reality it is so much louder)

OMFG

Sounds deep, that's how they should sound. 👍

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Sounds deep, that's how they should sound. 👍

Those 3 Shots at the end are really way too loud and like these typical ricer ak 47 shots. Just reduced the timing in the higher rpm ranges to see if i can reduce the intensity. Below 3k rpm it is really nice.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I can´t really test because my engine is out :D

But

FML, thank you for the confirmation then.

View attachment 58215
(ip_fac_iga_min_tco_pu) - Minimum Ignition Angle During Trailing Throttle (Factor)

i ask for the Trailing Throttle Factor and Difference in case those values are needed to coincide with the burble settings, which i think they might.

I don't think you need those for now, try use the tables and see if it works as you want.

Could it be that the Factor table is pretty important for the resulting negative timing?
A quick excel shows where i multiply base with factor actually gets close to my logged timing during burble.

i guess a valid next test could be to set the timing values of the first row on the whole table and set factor to 1 ?!

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
The two factor tables ip_fac_iga_min_tco_pu and ip_iga_dif_min_tco_pu_h_rng might be useful.

If your coolant is 90 or above then ip_iga_dif_min_tco_pu_h_rng won't have any effect but if your thermostat is weak then coolant could be low enough to reduce it slightly.

The other table ip_fac_iga_min_tco_pu won't cause issues at low airflow. You could experiment with this. Changing it all to 1 should mean that you get more aggressive burble but would probably make the car more jerky.

Reactions: General.Massacre

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
@carabuser

Can you help? i don´t remember where i got from. I think it was not from you. But could you check the tables?
I used the IKM0S file on a friends car and it worked. But with that I8A0S there is no burble whatsoever or bang during shift.
these are the tables i use on INA0S, IKM0S and I8A0S. There is nothing happening on I8. As you saw in my video i get some nice ak47 shots :D

image001.png

Attachments

• I8A0S Fuel Cut Tables.xdf
    17.9 KB · Views: 12

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
@carabuser

Can you help? i don´t remember where i got from. I think it was not from you. But could you check the tables?
I used the IKM0S file on a friends car and it worked. But with that I8A0S there is no burble whatsoever or bang during shift.
these are the tables i use on INA0S, IKM0S and I8A0S. There is nothing happening on I8. As you saw in my video i get some nice ak47 shots :D

View attachment 68441
Wait did you go from a newer ECU revision to an older one? You had it working in the threads above.
I've had nice burbles working for a while now in I8A0S. Burble on decel and shift (I have 6MT on E93). I'm assuming you're catless?
When I get home I'll go through what I changed to get it working and post.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Wait did you go from a newer ECU revision to an older one? You had it working in the threads above.
I've had nice burbles working for a while now in I8A0S. Burble on decel and shift (I have 6MT on E93). I'm assuming you're catless?

No. It was on three cars. Worked on mine (INA0S) and a friends (IKM0S). Didn´t work on the second friend (I8A0S) and he is catless. The only one.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Thanks guys! Torque reduction was on 02 :expressionless: gonna test later

I have these tables defined:
1652941753272.png