eBay OCC looks just like...Looks good.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I ordered one.i don't see any negative here for under 30.00 shipped.What a markup huh
I tried searching for a longer spin off style catch can and why isn't there one is beyond me.would save for less draining.

• Agree
Reactions: julch

julch

Private
May 4, 2018
Detroit
www.misfirerace.com
I ordered one.i don't see any negative here for under 30.00 shipped.What a markup huh
I tried searching for a longer spin off style catch can and why isn't there one is beyond me.would save for less draining.
Proper OCC port locations should reduce the oil collection. Shouldn’t be a need for a larger can as these Breather systems are more for venting crankcase pressure then capturing Oil particulate. If you utilize the correct ports, and run inline baffled fittings even, you’ll be plenty happy. I drain my Can each oil change. 3-4k miles. It’s usually less than half full. :)

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Mine arrived. Looks great. But I've also been buying out of Aliexpress, and you can cheap out even more and buy this unit for $22 on Alixpress.

Now I just need to figure out how this whole low-side thing is going to be plumbed ...

Filippo

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Mine arrived. Looks great. But I've also been buying out of Aliexpress, and you can cheap out even more and buy this unit for $22 on Alixpress.

Now I just need to figure out how this whole low-side thing is going to be plumbed ...

Filippo
thats a nice deal,how long did it take to get from ordering?
For me the lowside ordered
Ebay OCC knockoff 29.00
1/2' id hose vacuum rated 17.00(For 5')
VTT billet check valve 1/2''id
VTT External PCV Adapter
ADE PCV delete

Total for me was about 200.00 for everything.For diy lowside thats a great deal since other kits dont include a OCC for lowside and is 230.00 plus.
This should be a complete lowside.

julch

Private
May 4, 2018
Detroit
www.misfirerace.com

Filippo
Yep when I order cans branded directly from the manufacturer, I pay around $15.50 per can w/logo. Mishimoto does the same... lol. Then they mark them up 400%. Same as Omar Margi w/the Vader Breather Kits. People just need to look before clicking “pay”.

Lurcher

Sergeant
Apr 6, 2018
Dallas, TX but soon to be Cocoa Beach FL
Ride
2012 z4
Yep when I order cans branded directly from the manufacturer, I pay around $15.50 per can w/logo. Mishimoto does the same... lol. Then they mark them up 400%. Same as Omar Margi w/the Vader Breather Kits. People just need to look before clicking “pay”.

Most people no longer have the patience to wait 10-30 days to get some thing shipped in from China, and shipping costs can sometimes make the deal not worth it. I just had a buddy spent $100 shipping for some downpipes, and they 2 day shipped them. Parts were only $130 though.....

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
There really is no reason to buy the mishimoto branded cans when these are available. I don't have the 2 port, only the 3 port, but they aren't exactly the same. At least the can I have, its shorter by a little bit. Perhaps 1/8 inch or so I will have to go look again.

Reactions: julch and fmorelli

DamnDatsun

Private
Apr 20, 2018
Ride
Black 2010 135i M Sport
I've got this occ. Which port needs plugged to run just two? And then I'm assuming the hoses have to be connected in a certain order to the motor? I'm not positive which port goes to the intake and which goes to the RB External PCV Valve I have.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
As we have never had this OCC in hand nor do we have any plans to have it in hand (we do not ever recommend/stock/etc cheap China repros), we do not know the answer.

But we can say IF it is the same as the Authentic Mishimoto (which is what we'd recommend) then the External PCV would connect to the IN port, the OUT port would go to the vacuum reference.

Thanks,
Rob

• Informative
Reactions: fmorelli