Ad: Dynamic Auto Werx Turbo Upgrade N54 (Das-AutoWerkz)

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
For all those who have heard about or are running Dynamicautowerx turbos. Here is their fb page where you can get more info about them and can place orders and ask questions and more. Please feel free to leave a review if you have bought a product as well.
So just to be clear ... given the unfortunate two names are nearly the same issue ... this is the FB page for the ACTUAL turbo producer NOT the vendor that started this Promo/Ad thread. This thread was to promote the vendor, Das Autowerkz.

Can I make a suggestion for you guys running Dynamic Autowerx turbos or interested in these? Start a new thread focused on these turbos.

Filippo

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Are you running relocated inlets? I was worried about the same with my MMP relocated inlets but was assured they flow more than the turbos can. If using filters from a DCI setup, I'd say you're more than fine considering they are even larger.
I am running VRSF reallocation inlets.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Who makes the air filter? VRSF touts them as, "... the highest quality filters available on the market." Personally I'd be suspect of any filter where I didn't know the manufacture and have seen performance test results (flow, filtration). They look like K&N to me, and I stopped running those a loooooooong time ago. You might look at AFePower for the cone filters - I believe their characteristics are reasonable, but I suggest you verify that.

Filippo
Yeah I don't know what brand they are.
I was going to switch to K&N's because I can get them with a 20 degree flange which would make them fit better. Why did you stop running them?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I am running VRSF reallocation inlets.
I have ran 24 psi with the vrsf. I had pr inlets that melted and honestly the vrsf were pretty close I believe longer and pr fatter I have to look when I get home. I just know I didn't see point in using the pr filters on the vrsf inlet. I do think I want get pro dry 5r filters though as oiled do suck .

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
So just to be clear ... given the unfortunate two names are nearly the same issue ... this is the FB page for the ACTUAL turbo producer NOT the vendor that started this Promo/Ad thread. This thread was to promote the vendor, Das Autowerkz.

Can I make a suggestion for you guys running Dynamic Autowerx turbos or interested in these? Start a new thread focused on these turbos.

Filippo

I agree. The fact the names are so close is confusing and a bit suspicious to be honest.

On a side note/rant: Why the fuck do companies make their name using l33t speak or whatever the hell you want to call it. It is so unprofesional using bad English/grammar. Autowerx instead of autoworks/autoworkers? What was it an edgy 16 years old teenager who you named your company? Das Autowerkz? Das being german gender neutral for the word 'THE' It's like spelling you would see in AOL instant messenger when I was a teenager. Yo I'm going to give my money to an American company that is using a German word in their name that honestly does not fit to but they did it to try to be be cool and edgy and then miss spells their name on purpose? It's just sets off red flags all over to me. It is literally 'The Autoworks' which makes no sense. WTF is The Autoworks? The bad English is similar to what a chinese company would think of as a 'good' company name that would work well in the states.

I would trust a company called German Autoworks or The German Autoworkers over Das Autowerx any day of the week.

If I was going to start a company scamming people it would be with a stupid name like the above so when they get burned I can email them and say, "Did you really think my stupid fucking company name was a legit company? You idiot, you got what you deserved."

There are a ton of cheap chinese turbos on the market now. Like with most things in life you get what you pay for.

Maybe I am just getting old but I don't give my hard earned money to companies with silly nonsense names.

Reactions: SlimE92

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I agree. The fact the names are so close is confusing and a bit suspicious to be honest.

On a side note/rant: Why the fuck do companies make their name using l33t speak or whatever the hell you want to call it. It is so unprofesional using bad English/grammar. Autowerx instead of autoworks/autoworkers? What was it an edgy 16 years old teenager who you named your company? Das Autowerkz? Das being german gender neutral for the word 'THE' It's like spelling you would see in AOL instant messenger when I was a teenager. Yo I'm going to give my money to an American company that is using a German word in their name that honestly does not fit to but they did it to try to be be cool and edgy and then miss spells their name on purpose? It's just sets off red flags all over to me. It is literally 'The Autoworks' which makes no sense. WTF is The Autoworks? The bad English is similar to what a chinese company would think of as a 'good' company name that would work well in the states.

I would trust a company called German Autoworks or The German Autoworkers over Das Autowerx any day of the week.

If I was going to start a company scamming people it would be with a stupid name like the above so when they get burned I can email them and say, "Did you really think my stupid fucking company name was a legit company? You idiot, you got what you deserved."

There are a ton of cheap chinese turbos on the market now. Like with most things in life you get what you pay for.

Maybe I am just getting old but I don't give my hard earned money to companies with silly nonsense names.
Odds are it comes down to what will work when you launch your LLC or whatever. Maybe the Domain name is taken and you have to come up with silly names just to be close to what you sell like Turboos.

angu116

Lurker
Oct 8, 2018
Ride
2007 BMW 335i
Who makes the air filter? VRSF touts them as, "... the highest quality filters available on the market." Personally I'd be suspect of any filter where I didn't know the manufacture and have seen performance test results (flow, filtration). They look like K&N to me, and I stopped running those a loooooooong time ago. You might look at AFePower for the cone filters - I believe their characteristics are reasonable, but I suggest you verify that.

Filippo
Yeah I don't know what brand they are.
I was going to switch to K&N's because I can get them with a 20 degree flange which would make them fit better. Why did you stop running them?

(not affiliated) I looked it up, VRSF uses S&B filters:
Edit: they use S&B filters for both their stock location DCI and relocated inlet filters

Reactions: NoGuru

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d

Bad day at the office? lol ... dude you need to go for a run, the gym, a beer .... hahahaha

Filippo

• Agree

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Right? What turbos are you running? I can only think a more expensive brand or stockers, one is a fanboy defending their overpriced turbos and the other doesn't have a dog in the fight. I didn't order mine from DAS but straight from the source.

edit - i see single turbo. but don't knock it until you see consistent numbers. From what i've been seeing that 600whp on these stage2+ is pretty easily attainable. I'm going for 500 on 93 alone, then upgrading to PI Meth and see where i go from there.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
[QUOTE="Eyelobes, post: I didn't order mine from DAS but straight from the source.
[/QUOTE]

What is the source again?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
What is the source again?
Right. Which is exactly why I suggested someone start a new thread that isn't on this "AD", to continue discussing installation and use of the actual turbos.

Filippo

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Shawn's (DynamicAutowerx) friend, cuz i got a good deal. Verified with Shawn that everything went through and is on the up and up. Have an invoice and order number that corresponds with Shawn's business. I didn't want to go into detail because this is DasAutowerks vendor thread. But this vendor is a legit reseller, I have verified through a couple of sources.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
On a side note/rant: Why the fuck do companies make their name using l33t speak or whatever the hell you want to call it. It is so unprofesional using bad English/grammar. Autowerx instead of autoworks/autoworkers?

I don't suppose you'd name a company Bayerische Motoren Werke either?

• Funny
Reactions: Torgus and NoGuru

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
Lol, I’ve said this all along, all the enthusiastic wingman who want to tell how great a product is without the company itself. It’s a repeat of the eBay add that’s up. If you really think you have a solid product, then back it up

• Agree
Reactions: SlimE92 and Torgus

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Lol, I’ve said this all along, all the enthusiastic wingman who want to tell how great a product is without the company itself. It’s a repeat of the eBay add that’s up. If you really think you have a solid product, then back it up
You miss rob beck don't you? So do i

• Funny

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
How To Install Confidence 101 -
1) vendor shows up, Das-Autowerx, company named almost like the turbo manufacture (Dynamic Autowerx), buys advertising, then peaces out.
2) People try to deconflict names to figure out what's going on.
3) Product manufacture is said not to like to be in public "forums" ...
4) But then the turbo manufacture starts an open Facebook page, to which Slow335is provides a link in this Ad thread (post #76)
5) Then Slow335i lets us know he's a vendor ...
6) ... who has been helping Eyelobes buy these turbos, but apparently not from Das-Autowerx but from the non-vendor/vendor Slow335is who verified with Dynamic Autowerx (not Das-Autowerx).

This thread is an unmitigated train wreck. These turbos could be superb. Let's assume they are. I would not spent $300 in the middle of this confusion, much less the amount these things sell for. This thread is a good example of how to bring a product to market, confuse the hell out of people, and hardly instill confidence (in fact, instill confusion), and strive to minimize the likelihood of peopling handing over $$$.

I'm sure everyone here is trying to do the right thing. In fact, I don't doubt that. But the various vendors and turbo manufacture are doing themselves a huge disservice in this confusion kabal that they obviously are clueless they've created.

Let me add one more thing: anyone with more than 6 months of experience on this platform (in other words if you have that or more, have no excuse for not understanding what I am about to say) knows that the N54 platform has been PLAGUED with replacement twin turbo issues. It is the #1 subject of woe. So to enter the twin turbo product arena with this kind of asphalt paving gypsy company approach - tough love, guys - that's how it looks.

You want product sales - get your messaging straight, present straight, engage the community with clarity, and deliver. Because short of that, I'm typing what a lot of people are thinking on the reading end, and not saying. Straight up.

Filippo

Last edited:

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
How To Install Confidence 101 -
1) vendor shows up, Das-Autowerx, company named almost like the turbo manufacture (Dynamic Autowerx), buys advertising, then peaces out.
2) People try to deconflict names to figure out what's going on.
3) Product manufacture is said not to like to be in public "forums" ...
4) But then the turbo manufacture starts an open Facebook page, to which Slow335is provides a link in this Ad thread (post #76)
5) Then Slow335i lets us know he's a vendor ...
6) ... who has been helping Eyelobes buy these turbos, but apparently not from Das-Autowerx but from the non-vendor/vendor Slow335is who verified with Dynamic Autowerx (not Das-Autowerx).

This thread is an unmitigated train wreck. These turbos could be superb. Let's assume they are. I would not spent $300 in the middle of this confusion, much less the amount these things sell for. This thread is a good example of how to bring a product to market, confuse the hell out of people, and hardly instill confidence (in fact, instill confusion), and strive to minimize the likelihood of peopling handing over $$$.

I'm sure everyone here is trying to do the right thing. In fact, I don't doubt that. But the various vendors and turbo manufacture are doing themselves a huge disservice in this confusion kabal that they obviously are clueless they've created.

Let me add one more thing: anyone with more than 6 months of experience on this platform (in other words if you have that or more, have no excuse for not understanding what I am about to say) knows that the N54 platform has been PLAGUED with replacement twin turbo issues. It is the #1 subject of woe. So to enter the twin turbo product arena with this kind of asphalt paving gypsy company approach - tough love, guys - that's how it looks.

You want product sales - get your messaging straight, present straight, engage the community with clarity, and deliver. Because short of that, I'm typing what a lot of people are thinking on the reading end, and not saying. Straight up.

Filippo

This x1000