Ad: Dynamic Auto Werx Turbo Upgrade N54 (Das-AutoWerkz)

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
People concerned with the "stage marketing" . . . has anyone realized a huge some of our community's vendors as well as other vehicles out there is marketed in "stages"
Why waste the time and complain about that, what fuel pump are you running? I bet if not a full DYI or stock set its marketed in "stages"

Back on topic, Vehicular DIY has installed a set of these. If everyone wants real world feedback, check out his page. It's only been a month since his post but I am sure once he gets "his tuner" to correct all recent upgrades, including helix OD he'll post another great video reviewing real world DD and possibly a dyno.
It was in jest but also important at same time because otherwise statements like cheaper than pure stage 2 can mislead someone.

Reactions: e30gentry

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I feel like you're being intentionally obtuse. I was implying that proof should be the vendors responsibility. Relying on community to provide all data is foolish. Nice that it exists though, in sure it gives your mind some calm on your purchase.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I feel like you're being intentionally obtuse. I was implying that proof should be the vendors responsibility. Relying on community to provide all data is foolish. Nice that it exists though, in sure it gives your mind some calm on your purchase.
And there are two sides to that coin, right? I've seen a number of threads here were people just crap all over vendor results as goosed up, one-off builds that pretty much no one else can achieve those numbers.

But that said, I think if the vendor does decide to make power claims, like, "The Stage 4s Have produced 622whp on a FBO N54 at only 22psi!" that hard info around what the car configuration is coupled with the usual stuff - logs, dyno results - is just duh obvious. But then that said ... when is the last time that ANYONE with a clue took a whp number to mean ANYTHING meaningful? Even with the data, while I agree it should be provided to support the claim, it's not of any specific value it seems.

On stages ... "turbo Nike air pod boosters" - I like that. Too bad it doesn't acronym well or it might stick!

Filippo

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
No, sorry for that, I really was not following you. The only thing I want to see if proof of balancing.
I will be getting Dyno numbers just to see where I am at but that probably won't be until next year since by the time I get these installed car will be going into storage soon after.

Reactions: ShocknAwe

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Pretty sure I read the stage 2 were assembled and balanced in the UK and the stage 3 were balanced and assembled in the US. Curious to see how the 3 year warranty works out for them.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I've seen a number of threads here were people just crap all over vendor results as goosed up, one-off builds that pretty much no one else can achieve those numbers.

That would be me! Upgraded twins that hit 570whp @34 psi on pump 93 only stock head and block. 3 years later no other vendor or customer can duplicate. So weird!

Again just touching on the warranty, 3 years? That is mind boggling and raises red flags for me. The most I can see is a 1 year warranty on a part like a turbo charger.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
And there are two sides to that coin, right? I've seen a number of threads here were people just crap all over vendor results as goosed up, one-off builds that pretty much no one else can achieve those numbers.

But that said, I think if the vendor does decide to make power claims, like, "The Stage 4s Have produced 622whp on a FBO N54 at only 22psi!" that hard info around what the car configuration is coupled with the usual stuff - logs, dyno results - is just duh obvious. But then that said ... when is the last time that ANYONE with a clue took a whp number to mean ANYTHING meaningful? Even with the data, while I agree it should be provided to support the claim, it's not of any specific value it seems.

On stages ... "turbo Nike air pod boosters" - I like that. Too bad it doesn't acronym well or it might stick!

Filippo
You mean to tell me that either way, the N54 community will complain and/or find a way to throw FUD into the equation?! Blasphemy!
That would be me! Upgraded twins that hit 570whp @34 psi on pump 93 only stock head and block. 3 years later no other vendor or customer can duplicate. So weird!

Again just touching on the warranty, 3 years? That is mind boggling and raises red flags for me. The most I can see is a 1 year warranty on a part like a turbo charger.
Not gonna comment on the WHP of any twins, but regarding the warranty - my guess would be that's his way of trying to snatch some potential MMP customers who like the 2 year warranty. It might also be because if hes really building them completely in Michigan (aside from the casting likely), he feels that he'll be able to more easily rebuild turbos if they fail.

That said, I'm sure theres some fine print about the 3 year warranty thing - I wouldn't be surprised if it required installation by a "certified" shop or if there was only one/two/maybe three max uses of the warranty within those 3 years. Like mentioned, many big name universal turbo companies dont offer the same nor do many (if any) built engines come with a warranty nearly that long.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt

Filippo

To be reasonable here I don't think anyone would argue that a dynogragh showing 600whp from hybrids being a one off shop car with unattainable/atypical output results.

Reactions: fmorelli

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
FYI, this is the warranty information pulled from there site,

WARRANTY

Dynamic Autowerx offer a warranty, to the original purchaser, for the repair or replacement of their turbochargers for a period of 36 months starting from the date of purchase. The warranty only covers the turbocharger for faulty workmanship or components and does not extend to turbochargers damaged due to misuse in fitting or operation new oil lines are required & return lines should be properly cleaned or replaced. Please read turbocharger trouble guide in order to ensure the reason for failure of the previous turbocharger has been eradicated before fitment of the replacement unit. Proof and date of the original purchase and purchaser will be required before any warranty claim will be contemplated. Units for which a claim is being made must be returned to Dynamic Autowerx complete, any attempt to dismantle or repair the unit will invalidate the conditions of the warranty. The warranty does not cover the cost of any labour or materials required to remove or re – install the turbocharger, or any other ancillary costs other than those directly attributable to the repair or replacement of the turbocharger itself. All other liabilities such as indirect or consequential loss (including loss of profit) are expressly excluded.

Proof may be required of proper maintenance of manufacture’s routine service levels and intervals, with particular regard to oil and filter changes. Failure to comply with manufacture’s service requirements will invalidate this warranty.
It is vital that the turbocharger is fitted correctly. Please follow all vehicle manufacture’s instructions as well as the Dynamic Autowerx checklist. Removing and refitting a turbocharger is a relatively simple task but should not be attempted by anyone without the necessary experience or expertise to do so. Dynamic Autowerx recommend that his or her turbochargers are fitted by someone possessing the knowledge to do so correctly. Incorrect fitting, poor engine condition or maintenance, insufficient or incorrect air or oil filtration could all lead to a claim being rejected.
Most turbocharger failures occur due to engine related problems which if not eliminated will result in the failure of the replacement unit very quickly, but without warranty cover. In order to assist claimants and prevent further problems, Dynamic Autowerx will issue a report on the condition of any turbocharger returned during the warranty period. This is usually a very good indicator as to the reason for any turbocharger’s premature failure.
An independent engineers report may be recommended in the event of a claim remaining unresolved. If we have any disagreement about the warranty that we are unable to resolve we will both abide by the decision of an agreed arbitrator or, if we are unable to agree on an arbitrator, one will be appointed by the Law Society.
The warranty is in addition to, and does not detract from the contractual rights that you have under statute and common law.
THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Folks are talking about 3 years ... I'm laughing because I'll have had my Hydra's on teh shelf about 8 months before they get installed :grimacing:.

That said ... warranty does not specify the need for an NDA ... can't believe you guys didn't pick up on that lol ... warranty is very reasonably written, IMHO.

Filippo

ROMAN_N54

Sep 12, 2019
Ride
2009 335i 6MT
Welcome! That's awesome. How's your car set up? Any photos of your car? E90? E82?

Filippo
MHD V5 E40
7" intercooler
3" DP
2" inlets

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
537whp, 540wtq @ 24psi, 55% wgdc, E50 blend ... summarizing data from the video.

Filippo

e30gentry

Private
May 24, 2019
Ride
2008 135i 2008 CLS63 AMG 335D
Pretty solid numbers. Based off cost alone I may back away from a single bottom amount now based off my driving and use.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If someone has a bad experience then you should post it in the dispute forum. If you have no experience then why are we clogging this thread?

EDIT: Promo thread has been cleansed of all non-promo conducive discussion and moved to a dedicated thread concerning the legitimacy of the turbos themselves including warranty and other concerns such as naming schemes etc.

Reference thread: https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/dynamic-auto-werx-turbo-upgrade-n54.5595/

Das-AutoWerkz

Lurker
Apr 1, 2019
Ride
E92 N54
Hey Gentleman, Sorry for some reason i haven't gotten a single message saying there was a reply to this thread. but with that all fixed now i'd like to explain because there may be some confusion. I'm the owner of Das-AutoWerkz and a vendor for these turbos (DynamicAutoWerkz)

website is currently being updating with new wording and as well as new options including the standard 6x6 wheel or a garret gtx2

if you have any questions please pm me directly. Thank you!

Well, the presentation is a bit sloppy but they can be good turbos for the money. But the frequent name and website changes don't do any good either for buyer confidence... :D

see above post. i can see how people think i'm (DynamicAutoWerx) but im not lol if you have any questions just let me know.

Reactions: Idratherbesurfing

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Ah ok, so you are a reseller. Is there anything additional you do with the turbos, or are you a direct reseller?