SOLD DONE: DCT Conversion Kit

amg6975

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2019
Ride
2012 135, 2005 ZHP, 2009 fJCW
Hey everyone, same story as my other post, my N55 135 spun a rod bearing so I'm S65/M3 mechanical swapping it. I'm parting it all out now so there's no turning back. I figured I'd offer up all the components for a DCT swap as a package, since it's a popular thing here.

I have to do a bit more research on price, I'm thinking in the $2500 range plus freight shipping (pick up around WNY preferred obviously.) Let me know if you want it and have a price in in mind.

Things I can include:

DCT (duh) freshly serviced less than 50 miles ago :( New pan, filters, Pentosin fluid
Rear Diff (2.56 open) fresh Redline fluid less than 50 miles
GWS and trim/Sport Button (no wiring)
Cooler and Lines
OEM auto radiator if you need it (CSF Radiator add $300)
I have the Drive shaft too if you need that
Flywheel if you want that

Stuff is still all in the car sitting in my garage but if someone wants to make a deal I'll pull it all and take pictures. Car is from Georgia and I only ever did track days with it so it has absolutely zero rust, all parts are mint.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Ah, dang sorry to hear that, good luck with your sale.

Regarding your swap, hopefully you'll post that info here, I'd love to see that process.

amg6975

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2019
Ride
It’s fine, car was headed that way anyway. I was getting tired of managing heat and stuff. I just wish it happened at the end of the track season, not 6 laps into it.

I definitely hope to do a fairly in-depth DIY. I don’t think it’ll be all that hard. Mechanically it’s pretty much plug and play. Weave the harnesses together and do some coding... what could go wrong?

amg6975

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2019
Ride
Yeah, I think there's about a dozen or so 1M clones with S65s running around. My plan is just do the engine swap and leave the body alone, I don't know of any other stock body V8s. Maybe someday I'll do the body conversion but I dunno. My main goals are simply to have a flatter torque curve and have less heat issues, to create a car that I can focus on learning how to be faster rather than how to manage the car.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Gosh, sucks that you spun a bearing.

I already have a DCT on my car but am starting to get clunks when slowing down to a stop. Attempting a fluid flush this weekend to see if it is resolved.... but might need to look at a replacement someday. Will keep your DCT in mind!

E90TommyB

Private
Apr 9, 2018
Indiana
Ride
2007 E90 335i
Hey everyone, same story as my other post, my N55 135 spun a rod bearing so I'm S65/M3 mechanical swapping it. I'm parting it all out now so there's no turning back. I figured I'd offer up all the components for a DCT swap as a package, since it's a popular thing here.

I have to do a bit more research on price, I'm thinking in the $2500 range plus freight shipping (pick up around WNY preferred obviously.) Let me know if you want it and have a price in in mind.

Things I can include:

DCT (duh) freshly serviced less than 50 miles ago :( New pan, filters, Pentosin fluid
Cooler and Lines

Stuff is still all in the car sitting in my garage but if someone wants to make a deal I'll pull it all and take pictures. Car is from Georgia and I only ever did track days with it so it has absolutely zero rust, all parts are mint.

Still for sale? If so would you'd be willing to sell some parts separately?

E90TommyB

Private
Apr 9, 2018
Indiana
Ride
2007 E90 335i
Yeah it's still available. Out of the car ready to rock. What do you need?
I need the gws with park lock out, part #'s (61319213647 and 61319192483). I don't need the shifter trim, sport button, or shot knob because i need them from a 335is.

ffwturbonos

Dec 8, 2016
Orlando,Fl
Ride
2008 335i E92

Things I can include:

Cooler and Lines

Hi bud, you still have the GWS?