Discussion about issues encountered whilst converting to M3 Flash and GWS

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
@RSL the public XDF has torque request ceiling tables for each trans type and 2 modeled torque limit tables

KL_MDKMX_ATL_DKG
KL_MDKMX_ATL_AT
KL_MDKMX_ATL_HS
KF_MDKMAX_GANG_MOD1
KF_MDKMAX_GANG_MOD2

Are you still hitting a tq limiter after increasing these tables?
Thanks for jumping in Sbrach. I see no tables listed by their OLS abbreviations in the XDF, but those would appear to be modeled torque 1 & 2 (by gear) and torque request ceiling by tranny type. Those are in there, but I have not upped those tables at all since it seemed they all resolve into load (and thus boost) increases somewhere. I actually just sent him another version to try with L2T changes and if torque limiters are still present, planned to up modeled torque and DCT ceiling about 10%. I figure that little would be harmless on any load/boost change and would have a chance to see exactly what they impact. At this point, he's on a stock bin and I've done little more than make some tq efficiency and L2T changes to smooth things out and reduce a bit.

Might be best to invite you into the conversation to keep this thread clean...

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Thanks for jumping in Sbrach. I see no tables listed by their OLS abbreviations in the XDF, but those would appear to be modeled torque 1 & 2 (by gear) and torque request ceiling by tranny type. Those are in there, but I have not upped those tables at all since it seemed they all resolve into load (and thus boost) increases somewhere. I actually just sent him another version to try with L2T changes and if torque limiters are still present, planned to up modeled torque and DCT ceiling about 10%. I figure that little would be harmless on any load/boost change and would have a chance to see exactly what they impact. At this point, he's on a stock bin and I've done little more than make some tq efficiency and L2T changes to smooth things out and reduce a bit.

Might be best to invite you into the conversation to keep this thread clean...

I like this tuff in this thread to be honest.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I'm n54 2011 335is. I just have an mhd tune on it now so inaos. But I'm open to try whatever.

Since you are stock the switch to IKM0S should be painless for you.

My e85 tune with PR coil settings and cold start tweeks and the 3.5bar map sensor make the proposition a bit more complex hahaha.

Once I'm done with this swap I'm going to take this to the local dealer and have them scan the car using their computers so I can see their system explode when it tries to reconcile what all is going on with this car.

Reactions: boostE92d

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Once done:

IKM0S Flex Fuel BIN
PR Coil Setup
3.5bar MAP sensor
M3 KOMBI
M3 GWS
M3 EGS
M3 DSC
M3 SZL
M3 coded CIC
Nonsensical custom VO number

• Funny
Reactions: doublespaces

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
D mode is awesome. Once I reset DME Variants and adaptations the shifting went to shit. I've put 50mi on it and the 1-2 shift is pretty good again. I'll put a couple hundred miles on it and see what happens with the M mode shifting. Right now it's not good but I'm seeing if it has to do with adaptation.

Reactions: derekgates

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Anyone up for specifying a test plan I should follow to provide more info? As was mentioned, the Z4 35is is closer to m spec than others. Hardware wise, I have on hand the shifter and that is it. I don't expect to be able to see m logic settings in the instrument cluster but of course I would be able to see launch RPMs.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
The cluster can be re-coded and you'll get the shiftlogic there. That's not a problem. From what was said earlier about the other Z435is I don't think you'll be missing mutch as it appears the SZL gives the correct outputs. But you'll want to swap the GWS, Code the KOMBI for shiftlogic (easy), flash the EGS for the M3 flash, then test it all out.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I was thinking the kombi needed the LEDs to display the shiftlogic. Is the shiftlogic display in the LCD screen? I don't recall from earlier pics???

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Yes, @stokes found the Z435is tid bit for us. And yes, the shift logic will display in the KOMBI LCD for you with coding.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I'm n54 2011 335is. I just have an mhd tune on it now so inaos. But I'm open to try whatever.
OK, N54 is more my game. Stock turbos, nothing special, can run a stock map to start without issue? Might just be best to log with a stock INA0S flash and post logs, but where are your shifts getting messy right now on the OTS map: sport/normal, part-throttle, WOT, certain gears, car shifting or manual shifts, etc.

Since you are stock the switch to IKM0S should be painless for you.
What all is involved in switching to IKM0S? The DME will take the straight 1M bin flash via MHD or WinKFP if no special logics/conversions are needed (3-column scaling, etc.)? MAP conversion table shouldn't be too hard to find in the bin if needed for 3.5 bar.

TireDeathRacing

Private
Feb 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335IS
OK, N54 is more my game. Stock turbos, nothing special, can run a stock map to start without issue? Might just be best to log with a stock INA0S flash and post logs, but where are your shifts getting messy right now on the OTS map: sport/normal, part-throttle, WOT, certain gears, car shifting or manual shifts, etc.

What all is involved in switching to IKM0S? The DME will take the straight 1M bin flash via MHD or WinKFP if no special logics/conversions are needed (3-column scaling, etc.)? MAP conversion table shouldn't be too hard to find in the bin if needed for 3.5 bar.

I've got full bolton's on my car running the mhd stage2+ e50 map.

I think the conversion to the 1m map sounds the most interesting.

BMWJunkie

Private
Dec 25, 2016
Jake Yamona has been wanting me to test his IKM0S retrofit for a few weeks now. If someone else has the time to do so contact him.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I've got full bolton's on my car running the mhd stage2+ e50 map.

I think the conversion to the 1m map sounds the most interesting.
You'll need straight pump gas or least not more than E20-30 in the tank before switching to a stock map. Other than that, if you want to try things on INA0S in the meantime, flash when you're ready and log it. Make sure torque output nm (not request), torque limit active are logged in addition to the usual channels.

Jake Yamona has been wanting me to test his IKM0S retrofit for a few weeks now. If someone else has the time to do so contact him.
Sent him a PM to see what's involved, thanks.