Decoding First Log

eriksbmw

Jul 24, 2022
Hi all,

I went on a 300km round trip in my E60 535i yesterday and captured my first log to ascertain what exactly is going on. As I'm no expert I defer to you guys when it comes to all things Turbo. I'm posting it here to get some input so I know what direction I'm going in. Thanks a lot..🙌🏾

A brief background......My car is FBO....charge pipe, downpipes, secondary cats deleted, BMS drop in filter in stock box.....I had the engine out to do every maintenance item... valve cover gasket, sump gasket, index 12 injectors, Bosch coils, Genuine BMW N20 (2 step colder) plugs, water pump and stat, belt, rollers, alternator and a host of other items to ensure the car provides reliable service....I travel a lot. I'm currently running MHD Ver 10 Stage 2+ 98RON

Prior to the trip I did a 10% ethanol mix...I have pure ethanol and put 9L in my tank which is 74L and filled up with our crappy fuel.

Was meant to put about 7.4L of ethanol and went over my set limit inadvertently.....Hope to hear from you all soon.

Cheers,

Erik

Attachments

• 2022-08-14 12_08_24 IJE0S v10.0 Stage 2+ 93oct_98ronAT_noALP.csv
    14.4 KB · Views: 9

eriksbmw

Jul 24, 2022
Further additional info: my bank 1 turbo is a brand new Genuine BMW part....the bank 2 is an old one as the dealer had only 1 new turbo in stock. Next week I'll order a Mitsubishi turbo to complement the bank 1 turbo.

Further down the route, and once I'm fully up to speed on the workings of turbo cars I'll upgrade the turbos and inlets.

My 2 other BMWs are an E30 M3 and an E34 M5 Touring...so there you go, you no know .and old timer..😂😂😂

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i

Added your log to graph.

Lots of knock events, AFR on bank 2 is running quite lean 18-19AFR. STFT/Short term Fuel trim bank 2 isn't doing any corrections
I wouldn't run anymore WOT runs till this issue is sorted. Have you read DME codes? Any codes popped up?

eriksbmw

Jul 24, 2022

Added your log to graph.

Lots of knock events, AFR on bank 2 is running quite lean 18-19AFR. STFT/Short term Fuel trim bank 2 isn't doing any corrections
I wouldn't run anymore WOT runs till this issue is sorted. Have you read DME codes? Any codes popped up?

Thanks for having a look and quick response.

The codes I get are: 2C2E O2 sensor before cat..coasting mode check, 2C6E O2 Sensor after cat..aging, 2C7C O2 Sensor after cat signal, 2C3E O2 sensor before cat ...line fault, 2CAB O2 sensor before cat....temperature

Looks like the post and pre O2 cat sensors are shot.

If there are knock events shown shouldn't the dme catch these via the knock sensors ? Or, shouldn't there be more severe timing corrections ? I really don't know so, as I said, I defer to you more knowledgeable folks.

Thanks a lot.