BOV Adapter incompatible with RB OCC 6AN

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Just got the BOV adapter and tried to install. Had to reverse half way into the install because the supplied parts are incompatible with the RB OCC PCV bypass kit.

1. RB OCC lines use 6 AN - the BMS BOV supplied nipples are much smaller than this so you cannot use the OCC line on the BOV nipple. You must go look for a bigger nipple size that will fit the RB OCC line.

2. The supplied TiAL BOV connector and hard plastic line is smaller than the stock TiAL line, you will be reducing your inner diameter if you use the supplied Tial connector and hard plastic line.

If anyone wants to buy this kit off me, I am selling it for $50 plus shipping. I bought the Tial BOV kit and not the basic kit.

BMS, please update your technical details so as to prevent more people like myself from ordering and getting a surprise as I did today. If you offer refunds, I will be glad to send this back, if not, I guess, live and learn. It will sit on my shelf until someone offers to buy it off me.

Very disappointed. Was looking forward to testing this unit against the current Vader set up I have which uses the same inner diameter BOV line as the stock TiAL line.

This is the extent of my review.

Update: i don't think you can buy another nipple that will fit inside the thread hole that will also be 6AN output...it looks like the thread hole is itself right at 6AN. I will try ACE to see if there is any in 6 AN thread to 6 AN nipple.

Update: as suggested by fellow member, the fitting is 1/8 npt to 3/8 barb, available at ACE Hardware, not Home Depot or Lowes. Also can order from Amazon.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jeffman

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Unless I am missing something where does it advertise it is plug and play with the RB external pcv kit? All you need is a 1/8npt to 6an or 3/8 barbed fitting. Both are an extremely common fitting. Also FYI Ace does not carry AN fittings but you will probably be able to find a 1/8npt to 3/8 barbed fitting.

Reactions: Payam@BMS

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Unless I am missing something where does it advertise it is plug and play with the RB external pcv kit? All you need is a 1/8npt to 6an or 3/8 barbed fitting. Both are an extremely common fitting. Also FYI Ace does not carry AN fittings but you will probably be able to find a 1/8npt to 3/8 barbed fitting.

It doesn't advertise any such thing, neither does it advertise all the other technical details that I found out after it arrived. Or do you know of a place where it says that the BOV Kit for TiAL units has a smaller line than the stock TiAL line?

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Yeah I believe the plastic line is 1/4 OD and vac line is 1/4 ID. I believe the 1/4 OD plastic line is pretty common to use with the TIAL. Is the nipple they give you 1/4?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Yeah I believe the plastic line is 1/4 OD and vac line is 1/4 ID. I believe the 1/4 OD plastic line is pretty common to use with the TIAL. Is the nipple they give you 1/4?

I don't know what size it is. All I see is that everything is smaller than all the stuff on my car, from the TiAL hose inner diameter - 6mm to the Mishimoto OCC line which is 6 AN inner diameter.

The Vader Solution BOV adapter nipple fits the TiAL hose perfectly and the response is faster than the stock side manifold nipple.
Also, Ace Hardware does indeed carry these fittings. I bought them before.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Have you tried emailing support? Did you actually measure anything before saying we don't supply the correct stuff for the TIAL BOV?
From what it sounds like, you need to take your car a professional if you cant find appropriate fittings...

1- 1/8NPT to -6AN with a quick google search:

2- It would be great if you could back up your false claims with data and measurements. Fortunately we actually do things correctly.
The machine facility we use makes CNC stuff for Boeing and NASA, their attention to detail is unmatched.

Here are measurements from the stuff I just took off our shelves, they all come out to 0.16" inner diameter.

Attachments

• IMG-4876.JPG
    IMG-4876.JPG
    357.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG-4877.JPG
    IMG-4877.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG-5001.JPG
    IMG-5001.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 100

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016

Everything we supply is correct to spec. From what it looks like is he doesn't know the differences between NPT, AN, and barb sizes...

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Everything we supply is correct to spec. From what it looks like is he doesn't know the differences between NPT, AN, and barb sizes...

Good lord. WTF?

Instead of insulting your customer, it would be better to just give details on the measurements.
NO, your TiAL kit is totally wrong. The plastic hose is not the same inner diameter as the stock TiAL nipple. What's there to measure? I can see it and even tested it myself. Since your hose is all complete with the end fittings, there is no fitment issue at all if I chose to use your inner diameter. However, I do not want to go smaller and want to retain the inner diameter of the stock TiAL hose. It would be best if you just simply list this fact on your product.

1. If people want to use your TiAL hose setup, it will work fine with your throttle body connector. That is not the issue. If people want to retain the stock 6mm TiAL inner diameter, then they are out of luck if they ordered your TiAL kit with the supplied smaller hose. What is so hard to understand?

2. The secondary nipple that was supplied does not fit the Mishimoto 6AN hose for the OCC. This should also be posted on the product. That's all I am asking.

There is no need to go apeshit and start insulting people. As annoying as this is, I just ordered a NTP nipple that is identical to the Vader Solutions nipple so I can test this unit. You know what? I wanted to test this out and right an honest review, but now , fuck it. I am done with dealing with such short sighted vendors. You won't be hearing from me again, nor will be sending my clients to your products.

I'm out.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Good lord. WTF?

Instead of insulting your customer, it would be better to just give details on the measurements.
NO, your TiAL kit is totally wrong. The plastic hose is not the same inner diameter as the stock TiAL nipple. What's there to measure? I can see it and even tested it myself. Since your hose is all complete with the end fittings, there is no fitment issue at all if I chose to use your inner diameter. However, I do not want to go smaller and want to retain the inner diameter of the stock TiAL hose. It would be best if you just simply list this fact on your product.

1. If people want to use your TiAL hose setup, it will work fine with your throttle body connector. That is not the issue. If people want to retain the stock 6mm TiAL inner diameter, then they are out of luck if they ordered your TiAL kit with the supplied smaller hose. What is so hard to understand?

2. The secondary nipple that was supplied does not fit the Mishimoto 6AN hose for the OCC. This should also be posted on the product. That's all I am asking.

There is no need to go apeshit and start insulting people. As annoying as this is, I just ordered a NTP nipple that is identical to the Vader Solutions nipple so I can test this unit. You know what? I wanted to test this out and right an honest review, but now , fuck it. I am done with dealing with such short sighted vendors. You won't be hearing from me again, nor will be sending my clients to your products.

I'm out.

I don't see where I insulted you. I gave you all the measurements and details and you're still saying I'm wrong?

How am I wrong when we copied the measurements supplied from TIAL?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
"Did you actually measure anything before saying we don't supply the correct stuff for the TIAL BOV?"

When you don't read posts carefully and start saying things that are literally untrue.

THIS IS WHAT WAS WRITTEN:
"The supplied TiAL BOV connector and hard plastic line is smaller than the stock TiAL line, you will be reducing your inner diameter if you use the supplied Tial connector and hard plastic line."

Now where does it say that you don't supply the correct stuff for the TIAL BOV?
If you use the supplied TiAL parts, it clearly says that you will be reducing your inner diameter from the factory stock TiAL line's inner diameter. Obviously the supplied connector kit works with the TiAL unit, as I have already tested. What is the issue is that the supplied hose is smaller than the stock TiAL hose. That is a FACT.

The stock TiAL barb fits a 6mm inner diameter hose. Yours kit comes with a smaller hose inner diameter. Indeed, your hose fit INSIDE the TiAL hose for your information. I stuck your hose inside the Tial hose myself to test the size.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
What hose are you measuring from TIAL that is 6mm? Can you provide that hose and measurement?

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
"Did you actually measure anything before saying we don't supply the correct stuff for the TIAL BOV?"

When you don't read posts carefully and start saying things that are literally untrue.

THIS IS WHAT WAS WRITTEN:
"The supplied TiAL BOV connector and hard plastic line is smaller than the stock TiAL line, you will be reducing your inner diameter if you use the supplied Tial connector and hard plastic line."

Now where does it say that you don't supply the correct stuff for the TIAL BOV?
If you use the supplied TiAL parts, it clearly says that you will be reducing your inner diameter from the factory stock TiAL line's inner diameter. Obviously the supplied connector kit works with the TiAL unit, as I have already tested. What is the issue is that the supplied hose is smaller than the stock TiAL hose. That is a FACT.

Where is your measurement of 6mm :)

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Great, and that hose goes onto the provided Tial Barb right?

That has an ID of 0.16"... right? Just like the picture I provided :)

Attachments

• IMG-4877.JPG
    IMG-4877.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 133

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Great, and that hose goes onto the provided Tial Barb right?

That has an ID of 0.16"... right? Just like the picture I provided :)

Do you NOT understand the photo and this thread?

Black hose is your hose. It fits inside the blue hose which is 6mm inner diameter. If people don't mind the smaller diameter, there should be no issues. But if they want to use the stock TiAL inner diameter hose, they cannot.

Furthermore, for god's sake, just post the size of the extra aluminum nipple so that people who already have the Mishimoto Catch Can understand that they will need to buy another bigger sized nipple to fit the OCC 6 AN hose.

Why are we still talking about this?

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Do you NOT understand the photo and this thread?

Black hose is your hose. It fits inside the blue hose which is 6mm inner diameter. If people don't mind the smaller diameter, there should be no issues. But if they want to use the stock TiAL inner diameter hose, they cannot.

Furthermore, for god's sake, just post the size of the extra aluminum nipple so that people who already have the Mishimoto Catch Can understand that they will need to buy another bigger sized nipple to fit the OCC 6 AN hose.

Why are we still talking about this?

You're not understanding the concept of inner diameter measurements and that's the orifice where air is moving through.
Your 6mm INNER diameter hose is made to fit TIALS 6mm OUTER diameter barb.

As long as the inner diameters are the same the air volume moving through is the same. As you can see all are 0.16"

Terry and I will make a video tomorrow. It should clear everything up so you all understand. This is not the first inquiry we have got about this.

Reactions: Blaster3500

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
You're not understanding the concept of inner diameter measurements and that's the orifice where air is moving through.
Your 6mm INNER diameter hose is made to fit TIALS 6mm OUTER diameter barb.

As long as the inner diameters are the same the air volume moving through is the same. As you can see all are 0.16"

Terry and I will make a video tomorrow. It should clear everything up so you all understand. This is not the first inquiry we have got about this.

I understand it just fine. What you seem to not understand is that your outer diameter of your hose fits inside the inner diameter of the TiAL hose. Just slips right on in. Therefore, your hose's inner diameter is simply smaller than the 6mm hose. YES the barb you measured has a smaller ID than the silicon hose, that's obvious. I don't care about the barb. I care about the damn hose's entire length.

So you can sit there and send me a million caliper photos, which do nothing but repeat what I have already compared to in real life over here...and those photos won't do anything to change the fact that your hose is smaller than the silicon hose's inner diameter, which is what I have been saying.

Furthermore, if this is not the first inquiry, then why in Zeus' name haven't you noted this with the BOV Kit package? There are lots of OCD people out here like myself who, regardless of measurements and what TiAL says, simply want the same sized hose inner diameter. It's that simple.

In your future video, PLEASE INDICATE that you do not supply a 1/8NPT to 6AN fitting so that Mishimoto users are aware of this.

And for fuck's sake, write this on your wall, "Never insult a customer'. Read their comments and ask if you do not understand.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
I understand it just fine. What you seem to not understand is that your outer diameter of your hose fits inside the inner diameter of the TiAL hose. Just slips right on in. Therefore, your hose's inner diameter is simply smaller than the 6mm hose. YES the barb you measured has a smaller ID than the silicon hose, that's obvious. I don't care about the barb. I care about the damn hose's entire length.

So you can sit there and send me a million caliper photos, which do nothing but repeat what I have already compared to in real life over here...and those photos won't do anything to change the fact that your hose is smaller than the silicon hose's inner diameter, which is what I have been saying.

I'm sorry I can't help you further understand this concept. The inquiries I have gotten were all cleared up after the measurements I sent to our customers. You seem to be the only person that's contesting my data I'm providing you.

Maybe someone else can chime in and explain for you. Anyways, I do apologize if you felt insulted. Goodnight sir.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC

Furthermore, if this is not the first inquiry, then why in Zeus' name haven't you noted this with the BOV Kit package? There are lots of OCD people out here like myself who, regardless of measurements and what TiAL says, simply want the same sized hose inner diameter. It's that simple.

In your future video, PLEASE INDICATE that you do not supply a 1/8NPT to 6AN fitting so that Mishimoto users are aware of this.

And for fuck's sake, write this on your wall, "Never insult a customer'. Read their comments and ask if you do not understand.

I am not trying be a smart ass but just trying to help. ACE does not carry AN fittings. You may want to look up what AN fitting is. I guess what we are not understanding is why you want a larger ID hose than the ID of the Tial fitting? I bet if you measure the ID of the VS Barb it is around .16" as well.