VRSF Charge Pipe w/ TiAL BOV: Need adapter?

Jeffroii

Lurker
Aug 10, 2023
Hello all,

I just received my VRSF charge pipe with the TiAL BOV a couple of days ago. After looking at the provided vacuum line, it is 1/4" from the BOV but I believe the connection it makes is with a 1/8" vacuum line. I've seen some people get an adapter right to the intake manifold/throttle body. Is this needed? Should I get a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter? Or should I replace the stock adapter altogether? Thanks!

Jeffroii

Lurker
Aug 10, 2023
I'm seeing two adapter kits that are promising - one from Vader Solutions and one from BMS. I think the one from BMS is an adapter to convert the TiAL to run off of 1/8" vacuum line, but wouldn't this affect performance by restricting the pressurized airflow? I don't really want to tap into my intake manifold, I'm not that mechanically inclined (yet). Am I getting too in over my head? Any help or advice is much appreciated.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I'm seeing two adapter kits that are promising - one from Vader Solutions and one from BMS. I think the one from BMS is an adapter to convert the TiAL to run off of 1/8" vacuum line, but wouldn't this affect performance by restricting the pressurized airflow? I don't really want to tap into my intake manifold, I'm not that mechanically inclined (yet). Am I getting too in over my head? Any help or advice is much appreciated.
I run the BMS one. Ran it on my old 535 as well with no issues.

Jeffroii

Lurker
Aug 10, 2023
I run the BMS one. Ran it on my old 535 as well with no issues.
Do you have to do any extra drilling or tapping with the BMS one? From the looks of it it should just be plug-and-play, right? Connects to the throttle body and you just seal the nipple coming from the intake manifold with the 1/8" outlet?