Bmwfixerguy1's actually working on his own car :)

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
So in current form car is FBO, inlets, outlets, meth and E50 jb4 g5/mhd beef

The end game.. pure stage 2 high flows, port injection on E60 with all the supporting mods... Will also be going flash only with an AIC 6

Update will be sporadic and inconsistent lol.. I'm a single dad of a 4yo so my time to work on a car that doesn't pay the bills like my own is limited..

So I'm doing things in bits and pieces for a couple reasons..
1. that's all the time that I get and no dead line on a small project ensures I do it perfectly, a quality over quantity approach.
2. I'm using some untested products and making some of my own things so instead if yanking an entire car apart and back together in a weekend it's much easier to isolate concerns when one does arise.. which they will for sure!!

So first up, got myself a sharp customs manifold, twisted tuning phenolic spacer and HPI 60# ls3/7 injectors.. I had to tap the ports on the manifold myself because they are NOT 1/8 and 3/8 NPT like stated. You can get these taps at harbor freight for cheap! The 1/8 npt is in most tap sets. Install was a breeze and being the first time I used ultra copper I was skeptical but it's was a piece if cake!!! Injectors we're affordable and came flow matched and garanteed for life. They also have an upgrade program so if I ever grow out of them you ship em back and go bigger for a smaller fee..

Fired her up and ran like a top and help 16.. 18 and then 20psi no problem. I got her good and hot. Let her cool and then just retorqued the manifold and done!

Moving on to the crank case system.. what a stir I'm sure this will cause in this thread as it does Everytime it's brought up..
ADE pcv delete TO catch can
Catch can TO high psi check valve
Check valve TO intake manifold

Flapper valve TO catch can
Catch can TO air filter

Vacuum side is all -8
Flapper side is all -10

I plan in splitting the -10 with a splitter and running to both filters. I'm gonna use the IMIB at work with it's pressure sensor and an oil cap vacuum adapter and check crank case pressure during some pulls and see if it's working sufficiently or if I need like a pop it vent or something... We use the IMIB all the time for checking crank case pressures and I'm really curious to see the results!

Well next update should be low pressure fuel pump who I had made by Paul in Florida, if anyone knows him on here tag him! Or BL coils.. which ever shows up first ;)
IMG_20171007_213523.jpg
IMG_20171007_213533.jpg
IMG_20171008_131955.jpg
IMG_20171010_201054.jpg
IMG_20171010_201107.jpg
IMG_20171010_203402.jpg
IMG_20171010_225201.jpg
IMG_20171010_225244.jpg
IMG_20171011_230900.jpg
IMG_20171011_230913.jpg

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
What kind of plastic are your OCC hanging onto?

Meaning what did I mount the catch can with? They are for off road lights. They are considered bull bar light mounts. They worked out awesome with the rubber inserts that come in the kit for different diameter bars.
Only needed to trim the upper rubber inserts just a tad. They were super cheap on eBay. Like 12 bucks shipped...

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I am going to wait to see these billet valve covers before i do anything else pcv related. Trying to wrap my head around how i'll route all these hoses also.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
So in current form car is FBO, inlets, outlets, meth and E50 jb4 g5/mhd beef

The end game.. pure stage 2 high flows, port injection on E60 with all the supporting mods... Will also be going flash only with an AIC 6

Update will be sporadic and inconsistent lol.. I'm a single dad of a 4yo so my time to work on a car that doesn't pay the bills like my own is limited..

So I'm doing things in bits and pieces for a couple reasons..
1. that's all the time that I get and no dead line on a small project ensures I do it perfectly, a quality over quantity approach.
2. I'm using some untested products and making some of my own things so instead if yanking an entire car apart and back together in a weekend it's much easier to isolate concerns when one does arise.. which they will for sure!!

So first up, got myself a sharp customs manifold, twisted tuning phenolic spacer and HPI 60# ls3/7 injectors.. I had to tap the ports on the manifold myself because they are NOT 1/8 and 3/8 NPT like stated. You can get these taps at harbor freight for cheap! The 1/8 npt is in most tap sets. Install was a breeze and being the first time I used ultra copper I was skeptical but it's was a piece if cake!!! Injectors we're affordable and came flow matched and garanteed for life. They also have an upgrade program so if I ever grow out of them you ship em back and go bigger for a smaller fee..

Fired her up and ran like a top and help 16.. 18 and then 20psi no problem. I got her good and hot. Let her cool and then just retorqued the manifold and done!

Moving on to the crank case system.. what a stir I'm sure this will cause in this thread as it does Everytime it's brought up..
ADE pcv delete TO catch can
Catch can TO high psi check valve
Check valve TO intake manifold

Flapper valve TO catch can
Catch can TO air filter

Vacuum side is all -8
Flapper side is all -10

I plan in splitting the -10 with a splitter and running to both filters. I'm gonna use the IMIB at work with it's pressure sensor and an oil cap vacuum adapter and check crank case pressure during some pulls and see if it's working sufficiently or if I need like a pop it vent or something... We use the IMIB all the time for checking crank case pressures and I'm really curious to see the results!

Well next update should be low pressure fuel pump who I had made by Paul in Florida, if anyone knows him on here tag him! Or BL coils.. which ever shows up first ;)
View attachment 6118 View attachment 6119 View attachment 6120 View attachment 6121 View attachment 6122 View attachment 6123 View attachment 6124 View attachment 6125 View attachment 6126 View attachment 6127
5th pic down. Where can I get one of those ?

Reactions: Bmwfixerguy1

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
5th pic down. Where can I get one of those ?
I'm assuming the vacuum line to the brake booster.? You can't I made it myself. I can tell you how I made it though.

It's -8 AN black braided, I cut both ends off of the hard line because it was in the way. Then I took and scuffed the outside of the hose up to give it traction to bite the inside of the hose. A little glass cleaner (because it dries and doesn't stay slippery) then forced them in. I used industrial shrink wrap to seal the ends really clean. I had the thought to use that for awhile to keep it all clean with no clamps and it worked way better than I ever thought it would in my head lol. Has to be the kind in the electric isle in home Depot. It pulls tight like a clamp when it shrinks plus keeps the fray at Bay ;)

It doesn't say what size it is on that package of the shrink wrap but id say 5/8 probably.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Its also a vacuum line and likely doesn't even need any fasteners unless you're worried about something bumping it and pulling it off. I think mine is just pushed on. I'd probably put more thought into making sure that hardline is replaced with something sturdy so the line doesn't collapse.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Its also a vacuum line and likely doesn't even need any fasteners unless you're worried about something bumping it and pulling it off. I think mine is just pushed on. I'd probably put more thought into making sure that hardline is replaced with something sturdy so the line doesn't collapse.
Collapsed line is my only concern really. It has the stainless wite inside so is a little sturdy..
The fraying and clean was the big concern actually ;)

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Low pressure fuel pump went in last night. I'm pleased but I can see some improvement that could be used with this pump
It's a single non Venturi 450
The maker is from Florida and his PayPal is Paul something..
If he's on here someone tag him

He uses that really large tail which in theory is a good I'd but when istalling makes for a 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag kinda situation..

Overall not bad for the 225ish bucks IIRC
IMG_20171013_215007.jpg
IMG_20171013_215019.jpg
IMG_20171013_215232.jpg

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I think it's Paul Parks - don't know his handle on here though. It's not bad and very well priced for what you get. I preferred to keep the venturi and used the Precision Raceworks stage 2. I also like the manifold design that allows for easy growth.

Make sure your fittings are all tight and fully secured. It's not common but AN fittings can come loose. I had it happen to my BOV line.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I think it's Paul Parks - don't know his handle on here though. It's not bad and very well priced for what you get. I preferred to keep the venturi and used the Precision Raceworks stage 2. I also like the manifold design that allows for easy growth.

Make sure your fittings are all tight and fully secured. It's not common but AN fittings can come loose. I had it happen to my BOV line.

Thanks! I was gonna do a dual 450 but shooting for 575-625 whp on e50ish the second pump would be much better used monies else where. I've been checking everything over and over and over lol. Thanks though.
It's why I did it all in steps so I can exclude certain issues and not have to back track.
Like I have freshly rebuilt pure stage 2 high flows in my bench. If I was to put them and all my experiment crank case stuff on and it starts smoking something has to come off right ;)