Bmwfixerguy1's actually working on his own car :)

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90
I think it's Paul Parks - don't know his handle on here though. It's not bad and very well priced for what you get. I preferred to keep the venturi and used the Precision Raceworks stage 2. I also like the manifold design that allows for easy growth.

Make sure your fittings are all tight and fully secured. It's not common but AN fittings can come loose. I had it happen to my BOV line.

I think his username name is PC Racing on here.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Couple very large things. First off that spacer if used as a "gasket" as they suggest will 110% leak, and you will be tracking down mystery boost leaks. Orings are required, and the only people that make a proper spacer are EOS. That Russel hose is not rated for submersion in ethanol, and its going to fail in short order once you install it. Causing you to get stranded most likely. The rest looks like very nice work

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I think it's Paul Parks - don't know his handle on here though. It's not bad and very well priced for what you get. I preferred to keep the venturi and used the Precision Raceworks stage 2. I also like the manifold design that allows for easy growth.

Make sure your fittings are all tight and fully secured. It's not common but AN fittings can come loose. I had it happen to my BOV line.
I think his username name is PC Racing on here.

Yeah, its @PC Racing

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Why delete Venturi with a single Walbro?
I threw a Wally 455 in my bucket connected to Venturi for ~$50 in parts from McMasterCarr

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Couple very large things. First off that spacer if used as a "gasket" as they suggest will 110% leak, and you will be tracking down mystery boost leaks. Orings are required, and the only people that make a proper spacer are EOS. That Russel hose is not rated for submersion in ethanol, and its going to fail in short order once you install it. Causing you to get stranded most likely. The rest looks like very nice work

I'm assuming you mean the phenolic spacer.. correct? If so we will see.. I was pretty skeptical myself to be honest read others have gotten close to the 30psi range with it and it's been just fine.. time will tell ;)

Now with the hose I can't comment with knowledge. I'm quite ignorant with what hoses and whose can be used where... I asked the seller before hand and he replied he's been running his exactly the same for over a year and continually checked on it and has show zero sign of degrading..

I'll be on a blend so only half bad if the case

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Why delete Venturi with a single Walbro?
I threw a Wally 455 in my bucket connected to Venturi for ~$50 in parts from McMasterCarr

My understanding is acts more like a bucket less... Just with a bucket.

If that makes sense lol

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Yea, but that's a bad thing.
Bucketless is not ideal, regardless of what people parrot.

It's with bucket or surge tank
Everything else is Mickey Mouse bullshit.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
I'm assuming you mean the phenolic spacer.. correct? If so we will see.. I was pretty skeptical myself to be honest read others have gotten close to the 30psi range with it and it's been just fine.. time will tell ;)

Now with the hose I can't comment with knowledge. I'm quite ignorant with what hoses and whose can be used where... I asked the seller before hand and he replied he's been running his exactly the same for over a year and continually checked on it and has show zero sign of degrading..

Phenlonic material is not designed to be a gasket. They did it that way because its cheap to machine, not because its ideal.

As for the hose, that russel hose is not even great for running Ethanol through it, submerging it in ethanol is a sure fire way to get stranded once it fails

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92

Good to 26psi so far... :cool:

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Phenlonic material is not designed to be a gasket. They did it that way because its cheap to machine, not because its ideal.

As for the hose, that russel hose is not even great for running Ethanol through it, submerging it in ethanol is a sure fire way to get stranded once it fails

Time will tell on it all.. I have no dog in the fight but technically the phenolic isn't the gasket the ultra copper is the gasket.
If it don't hold at the 22ish psi I'll probably be throwing at it then then a flat rubber high temp gasket should hold. If shit starts failing on either I'm probably not gonna be the guy to push it there lol... Fingers crossed both have a solution by then ;)

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Good to 26psi so far... :cool:

Yup yours is one of the cars I was thinking of!

I know you like neat and clean Adam.. I have all the materials to do another brake booster hose if you ever wanna stop by I'll whip you up one real quick :)

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I got the Precision Raceworks Stage 2 kit and have zero problems so far.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I got the Precision Raceworks Stage 2 kit and have zero problems so far.

I'm assuming we're talking fuel pump?
Wouldn't expect you too.. they have a really neat system!

I'm actually quite surprised no one has ever made a surge tank type set up with some serious pumps!

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I'm assuming we're talking fuel pump?
Wouldn't expect you too.. they have a really neat system!

I'm actually quite surprised no one has ever made a surge tank type set up with some serious pumps!

I thought with a surge tank, you wouldn't need a serious style pump.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I thought with a surge tank, you wouldn't need a serious style pump.
You may be correct.. I've only seen them packed with some pretty wild brushless pumps.

You may be thinking of the "transfer" pump from tank... I know they don't have to be wild IIRC

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Nothing crazy needed for the surge tank pumps. Companies make tank+submersible pump combos for cleanest install. Like most things VTT was one of the first to put one together. http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36625
Like most things in this platform it turned into a cluster fuck of a discussion regarding the validity of a system that has been used for decades.
Here's some of the better / cost efficient options for tank+pump combos I've found outside of ebay items that would need more fab.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...000-25st-deatschwerks-2-5l-modular-surge-tank
http://www.radiumauto.com/FST-Fuel-Surge-Tank-Standard-P515.aspx
http://www.nukeperformance.com/products/fuel-surge-tank/fuel-surge-tank/

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Nothing crazy needed for the surge tank pumps. Companies make tank+submersible pump combos for cleanest install. Like most things VTT was one of the first to put one together. http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36625
Like most things in this platform it turned into a cluster fuck of a discussion regarding the validity of a system that has been used for decades.
Here's some of the better / cost efficient options for tank+pump combos I've found outside of ebay items that would need more fab.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...000-25st-deatschwerks-2-5l-modular-surge-tank
http://www.radiumauto.com/FST-Fuel-Surge-Tank-Standard-P515.aspx
http://www.nukeperformance.com/products/fuel-surge-tank/fuel-surge-tank/

I love everything radium makes! Love the green they use as well!!!!

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
So did my BL coils last night with with a set of n20 plugs gapped to 26 thou

I'm very impressed, so many little hicups and sputter and stutters im use
Just disappeared! The quality of the harness is amazing!!! Last night on my first romp I was blown away at the smoothness and willingness the car had to keep pulling!!

Very impressed! And I'm on a kinda weak tune while I'm building her up.. no E just 93 and meth, I feel like it's gonna be a super sweet addition, maybe more of a sweet foundation as the building progress keeps on keeping on ;)

Little back story , Alex and I became a little buddy buddy. We share the same background as being bmw dealer techs so maybe I'm slightly biased you might think but it's not even the case at all!! I'm genuinely impressed with his work and he did an awesome awesome job! It's been really great to have another tech all the way across the country see an entirely different car basis (how many damn alpina b7s he sees lol) and different problems we share as well!

So in short and closing.. Alex great job and I appreciate the coils as well as the pal across the country the chat up from time to time.

The product..
It's a damn no brainer!!! It's something you need not want bottom line!
IMG_20171019_193750.jpg
IMG_20171019_193814.jpg