Today; I would like to write about the different piggyback options available for the BMW new F chassis B48/B58 engines. This market is over-saturated with tunes priced from a couple hundred dollars up to a couple thousands. Not all tunes are equal, which ones are worth it and which ones are not? Read this post and decide for yourself.
Burger Tuning (BMS) B48/B58 Quick Install/Uninstall JB+
Burger Tuning JB+ connects to Tmap sensor only. This is the simplest B48/B58 tune on the market.
- Easy install/uninstall (less than 2 minutes)
- Adjustable boost (up to 4.5psi)
- Does not suppress CEL code from high flow downpipes
- No datalogging capability
- No code reading capability
- No Bluetooth capability
Burger Tuning (BMS) B48/B58 JB4 stage 2
Burger Tuning B48/B58 JB4 stage 2 connects to TMAP, MAP and OBD. It also comes with flex fuel connectors for E85 users.
- works with stock or modified cars
- Number of preset maps that user can choose from
- Code reading capability
- Datalogging capability
- Bluetooth capability (add on for $139)
- Automatically suppresses CEL code from downpipe
- Compatible with methanol injection systems
- Compatible with E85
- Additional features include (exhaust valve control, boost by gear, boost by RPM, gauge hijack)
Long install time (45 minutes).
Dinan B48/B58 Sport Performance Tuner:
Dinan B48/B58 sport performance tuner connects to MAP and Tmap sensors.
Easy install (5-10 minutes)
Does not suppress CEL code from high flow downpipes
No datalogging capability
No code reading capability
Thank you for reading. Dinan Stage 1 and Active 8 will be added to this comparison next.