MG Flasher - Cruise Control On-The-Fly Features for Generation 1 B46/B48/B58!
MG Flasher is proud to introduce the world’s first cruise control solution for generation 1 B46, B48 and B58 F-Series vehicles! Users will now be able to switch maps, change burbles or enable max cooling while the vehicle is in motion! The user manual will always contain the most up to date detailed instructions; it is highly recommended to all new users: https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/l/c/NT0h3BdC.
NOTE: Not all B46/B48 OTS map updates will be readily available with the release of the new app update. New B46/B48 OTS maps should be available within the next week or so.
The cruise control selection menu for 3 features is available in Custom Code v6.0: Map Switching, Burbles and Max Cooling. The tachometer will indicate the active selection (incremented by 1000 RPM per selection). A Check Engine Light (CEL) will blink 3 different speeds to indicate which feature you are configuring.
Map Switching (Fast Blink)
1. Hold the cruise control RESUME button for 2 seconds
2. Move the cruise control rocker UP/DOWN to choose a map slot
3. Tachometer will reflect slot choice [0 RPM == Slot 0, 4000 RPM == Slot 4, etc.]
4. Press RESUME to confirm your selection.
5. Switchable Map slot layout has changed, please refer to the OTS Map release notes and the infographics available at https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/l/c/Fm1nAmUZ
Burbles (Medium Blink)
1. Hold the cruise control FAR UP button for 2 seconds
2. Move the cruise control rocker UP/DOWN to choose a burble level
3. Tachometer will reflect the burble level:
- 0 RPM - Default Mode - Aggressiveness level depends on your slider positions.
- 1000 RPM - Level 1 - This level will be equivalent to the aggressiveness at 20%.
- 2000 RPM - Level 2 - This level will be equivalent to the aggressiveness at 40%.
- 3000 RPM - Level 3 - This level will be equivalent to the aggressiveness at 70%.
- 4000 RPM - Burble OFF - Burbles will now be fully deactivated.
5. More details available at https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/l/c/YGmLEg4Z
Max Cooling (Slow Blink)
1. Hold the cruise control FAR DOWN button for 2 seconds
2. Move the cruise control rocker UP/DOWN to toggle max cooling
3. Tachometer will reflect choice [1000 RPM == Enabled, 0 RPM == Disabled]
4. Press RESUME to confirm your selection.
5. More details available at https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/l/c/WosoBogS
B58 users will be excited to hear we have added 102 RON, 100 RON, and ACN91 maps for Stages 1, 2, and 2.5! All the updated maps for B46, B48 and B58 have been refined to provide users with the highest quality maps. For specific changes on each platform, please refer to the release notes connected with each OTS map version (shown within the app).
Users will see the new Custom Code v6.0 update available for select vehicle software versions in the latest MG Flasher App, version 293. Custom Code v6.0 brings cruise control implementation for supported vehicles; however, users will be required to update their OTS map to the latest versions (v1.9 on B46/B48 and v2.16 on B58) to take advantage of the new features. We know that some users prefer the freedom to choose which OTS map to use, so we retained support for Custom Code v5.4 in the app. Users with supported software and vehicles can choose which Custom Code version to install (v5.4, and if available, v6.0). NOTE: Not all users will see this new Custom Code selection screen, only if OTS maps are available for both Custom Code versions. Depending on which custom code version is selected, the user will be presented with a list of compatible OTS maps. For the time being, older OTS maps will continue to be available for use with Custom Code v5.4, which uses the pedals & MSA button for map switching. Moving forward in the coming months, Custom Code v5.4 may be entirely removed from the app (unconfirmed) and support will be dropped by the MG Flasher team. This decision was made to make way for the support of custom code in additional vehicles (specifically G-Series and generation 2 vehicles).
The MG Flasher team’s next major milestone is to unify custom code for all supported vehicles, including G-Series first- and second-generation vehicles. Details will be announced as the become available.
The MG Flasher Team