Bimmerlife Tuning

Coupes66

Corporal
Dec 26, 2017
Ride
BMW 335i N54
Does anyone in the US know if Bimmerlife Tuning are still in operation. I purchased a new coil harness from them but cannot get any response to emails.

Brule

Sergeant
Feb 20, 2017
Ride
335i 2007 6spd manual
I have not seen anything about them not delivering or any other complaints accross bmw forums or facebook.

Brule

Sergeant
Feb 20, 2017
Ride
335i 2007 6spd manual
Ive got one more event that I will need my precision raceworks coils.

If these guys have closed shop and screwed you over Ill send you mine for shipping cost only.

Late August you can have them.
Cost you $20 in shippingšŸ‘

Reactions: jzx_andy

Coupes66

Corporal
Dec 26, 2017
Ride
BMW 335i N54
I have been running with the BL R8 coils for a few years now without any issues but I have noticed the connectors are beginning to deteriorate and ordered a new harness. They have a website and I got an initial response to the order with an order number and they said they would notify me when it was sent but haven't herd anything since. I have emailed them several times with no response which is why I did this thread. I was hoping someone on this forum may have known for sure whether they still in operation or not.

Reactions: jzx_andy

Coupes66

Corporal
Dec 26, 2017
Ride
BMW 335i N54
I didn't get any replies to my emails but the harness turned up in the mail yesterday which is the main thing.

Reactions: wheela

all4bspinnin

Corporal
Jun 12, 2017
Ride
135i TT
neildegrasse.jpg

I guess deteriorating connectors and lack of customer service arent issues. Got it.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
No point at this stage as the R8 coils haven't been an issue. I don't experience any misfires and have done a 10.7s 1/4.
Those use the R8 coils, right? @fmorelli had a good post on the R8 coils, I believe he showed with measurements that there actually wasn't contact between the plug and coil, and a spark was jumping a gap between coil and plug when running? I have no direct experience with it, but his thread was thorough enough that it influenced my thinking on the R8 coils. I don't remember all the details, perhaps with some modification they couod get direct contact? I think the metal sheild was interfering, as the plug hole in the head isn't actually straight, so the coil has to flex. Regardless, I'm glad you've been happy with them.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Those use the R8 coils, right? @fmorelli had a good post on the R8 coils, I believe he showed with measurements that there actually wasn't contact between the plug and coil, and a spark was jumping a gap between coil and plug when running? I have no direct experience with it, but his thread was thorough enough that it influenced my thinking on the R8 coils. I don't remember all the details, perhaps with some modification they couod get direct contact? I think the metal sheild was interfering, as the plug hole in the head isn't actually straight, so the coil has to flex. Regardless, I'm glad you've been happy with them.
Correct. They can be made to make contact.

Coupes66

Corporal
Dec 26, 2017
Ride
BMW 335i N54
I have made the modifications that fmorelli described in his thread and they work quite well. I have been using them for over 4yrs now. I know there are better options around these days but if I am not having any issues why change. I purchased the new harness because there were indications of connector deterioration with the original harness.