Anyone thought of building a connected drive server?

superwofy

Corporal
Jan 18, 2021
So after a few weeks of work, I built something similar. It's not "production" by any means and it's just the portal.
Initially I was after the internet browser but couldn't get the binauth working. I set the cookies but it still didn't work.
Anyway, the portal is more appropriate for what I wanted anyway. I was going to create a nice page and set it as the homepage. This is exactly that.

• To run the server code I used a Bitnami LAMP ova that's nice and portable so you can self-host it.
  • Custom provisioning and modified DAS+DPAS on the Combox.
  • The portal is implemented purely with HTML and PHP. Almost everything is done server-side.
  • News provided by 68k.news. Search provided by frogfind.com.

Still WIP, interface will probably change. I will polish it further then make the VM available for others to work on too. I've spent waaay too much time on this now.
As much as I would have liked to, I did not sniff anything from a working car. A base station to downgrade 2G and a car with active subscription were not available.

Browser engine specs:

- HTML4.01, XHTML1.1, cHTML, XHTML Basic 1.0, WML1.3
- CSS 1 & 2
- ECMAScript 3rd Edition (JavaScript 1.5)
- DOM1, 2 and Dynamic HTML
- GIF, animated GIF, BMP, PNG, JPEG and MNG
- HTTP1.1
- SSL2.0/3.0,TLS1.0
- Cookies

Not exactly cutting edge...

P.S, if anyone knows how to handle the "Internet" binauth and would like to let the world know, please do.

Attachments

• portal.jpg
    portal.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: AstroZ

akira

Jun 15, 2021
Hi, I am new here...took a while to go through the whole thread from the beginning, but it was a joy to read everything.
I am also working on reverse-engineering firmware and firmware upgrades and, just like others here, have downloaded different BMW update files. I am wondering how they work and what they do, but I don't have a QNX VM, and at the moment, I don't even have access to my car (I moved abroad for a while :( ).

My question is whether it is possible to add me to the "secret" list @doublespaces ?
I would love to see some contents.

Thanks

Reactions: doublespaces

akira

Jun 15, 2021
Hi, I am new here...took a while to go through the whole thread from the beginning, but it was a joy to read everything.
I am also working on reverse-engineering firmware and firmware upgrades and, just like others here, have downloaded different BMW update files. I am wondering how they work and what they do, but I don't have a QNX VM, and at the moment, I don't even have access to my car (I moved abroad for a while :( ).

My question is whether it is possible to add me to the "secret" list @doublespaces ?
I would love to see some contents.

Thanks

Thanks, much appreciated. :)
Maybe a stupid question, but where can I access the content? I though it will be in my datalogs on the left, but did not find anything useful.

I mean apart from your buildthread, @doublespaces, is there anything else?

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Thanks, much appreciated. :)
Maybe a stupid question, but where can I access the content? I though it will be in my datalogs on the left, but did not find anything useful.

I mean apart from your buildthread, @doublespaces, is there anything else?

Sorry for the late reply, but at the top of this page you should see a link called "Private Discussion"

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
P.S, if anyone knows how to handle the "Internet" binauth and would like to let the world know, please do.
There is logger running on TCP 851 port on both CIC and Combox which could give you lot of info for investigation and share to the world :)

superwofy

Corporal
Jan 18, 2021
There is logger running on TCP 851 port on both CIC and Combox which could give you lot of info for investigation and share to the world :)

Yes I know dev-mv2trace and multicored outputs there.

I did scope it early on but gave up on BIN and decided to focus on BON instead. I know there's three cookies VEHICLEAUTH, VINRN and JSESSIONID.
Harmann had some weird links to it: http://int-b2v.bmwgroup.de/com/ei_test/browser/binauthfake/
No idea what that page would serve.

Verbosity and output location of the trace (slog, gnlog etc) can be changed by modifying persistTraceCicHighEceUsaSecond.bin. I've done this too.

Anyway, I gave up on this since I was trying to do in BIN what I can do more easily in BON. Which is why I said, if someone knows already....

Attachments

• persistTraceCicHighEceUsaSecond - slog 6A all.bin
    34.6 KB · Views: 34
  • persistTraceCicHighEceUsaSecond - slog 62 all.bin
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
  • persistTraceCicHighEceUsaSecond - slog - 22 - works.bin
    34.6 KB · Views: 17

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
Yes I know dev-mv2trace and multicored outputs there.

I did scope it early on but gave up on BIN and decided to focus on BON instead. I know there's three cookies VEHICLEAUTH, VINRN and JSESSIONID.
Harmann had some weird links to it: http://int-b2v.bmwgroup.de/com/ei_test/browser/binauthfake/
No idea what that page would serve.

Verbosity and output location of the trace (slog, gnlog etc) can be changed by modifying persistTraceCicHighEceUsaSecond.bin. I've done this too.

Anyway, I gave up on this since I was trying to do in BIN what I can do more easily in BON. Which is why I said, if someone knows already....
Thanks for a lot of letter, I have bin working for almost half of year. All via local inbuilt sim.

superwofy

Corporal
Jan 18, 2021
Thanks for a lot of letter, I have bin working for almost half of year. All via local inbuilt sim.

My bad. Please accept my deepest apologies for wasting your time. I had this crazy idea that since this is a public forum, you might wanna contribute something useful. Again, my bad.

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
My bad. Please accept my deepest apologies for wasting your time. I had this crazy idea that since this is a public forum, you might wanna contribute something useful. Again, my bad.
I'm greedy and violate your idea just providing free service for forum members :) Yes, you're very smart...

superwofy

Corporal
Jan 18, 2021
I'm greedy and violate your idea just providing free service for forum members :) Yes, you're very smart...

I'm not providing any service. As you've astutely pointed out, all I provided so far is root access with 'wires' and promises of a VM.

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
I'm not providing any service. As you've astutely pointed out, all I provided so far is root access with 'wires' and promises of a VM.
Yes, but you don't have time to make easy modern version, there is also remote car control available, so I'm just helping you to get all faster.

superwofy

Corporal
Jan 18, 2021
Yes, but you don't have time to make easy modern version, there is also remote car control available, so I'm just helping you to get all faster.

No, I don't have much time and that's not what I was aiming for.

What are you suggesting? I drop it and start using yours? How are you helping me get it faster?

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
No, I don't have much time and that's not what I was aiming for.

What are you suggesting? I drop it and start using yours? How are you helping me get it faster?
No, I'm inspiring you to take time from work and spend on this very useful product! Mine is for very limited group of end users without special IT knowledge.

falcon360

Nov 9, 2021
Hi everyone there, i just discover this forum and topic after i bought a 2012 E84 (CIC) and BMW told me connected drive can't no more work on the car, So i want to hack or jailbreak it :).
I have basic knowledge in coding, i just want ti know if at this point you have way easy and stable i can use?

Reactions: wheela

Digital

Lurker
Mar 11, 2021
Hi everyone there, i just discover this forum and topic after i bought a 2012 E84 (CIC) and BMW told me connected drive can't no more work on the car, So i want to hack or jailbreak it :).
I have basic knowledge in coding, i just want ti know if at this point you have way easy and stable i can use?
You can check superwofy posts, he built basic CD server. I used his source, little bit improved for me and hosted for private use.